JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
SPF as of 4/10/19

Nostalgia is a heck of a drug, :rolleyes: but I have come to terms with the fact that I am unlikely to have a tricked out XP-100 in 7mmTCU or anything remotely like that in the foreseeable future. :(

Gloss Leupold 4x pistol scope recently serviced by Leupold.

$200 cash monies, can't think of any trades off the top of my head, but I'll update the ad if I come up with any.

Fell free to PM any offers, even low ball ones if you think I am way over priced :s0093:

The Ruger and Weaver 305 mount and rings are not for sale unless you are ready to make a stupidly ridiculous cash offer ;)

Like seriously stupidly ridiculous :)

Leupold4x.jpg

Last Edited:
Time for a bump :)

For you young pups arguing about Glock Vs S&W or H&K or whatever, back in the day we had two opposing views on what 'handgun' hunting was. On one side where the likes of Ross Seyfried and the fans of Elmer Kieth that thought a hunting handgun was just that, a HAND gun, preferably single action, and if you where going after anything bigger than a rabbit, it had to start with a "4". No bipods or slings (a lanyard might be ok if the country was rugged) and it had to fit in a holster.

In the other camp we had folks like the writer Bob Milek that thought a handgun was something that was 'not a rifle' and other than that, anything goes. TC Contenders and custom Remington XP100's with fiberglass stock, California paint jobs, bottleneck cartridges and scopes ruled the day. What a time to be alive! :s0004:

I learned early that I couldn't shoot a single action well enough to hit the broad side of a barn from the inside, so my gaze was fixed firmly on one of those sleek, sexy, and waaayyy out of my budget, bolt action single shots.

And as it will, time, the thief of youth and dreams, marched on and not long ago I found this scope and for a hot minute fell for the dream that pronghorn hunting in Wyoming was within my grasp.

:s0140:

Yeah, that's not going happen :rolleyes:

So here it is for sale, or maybe a trade involving short barreled 9mm AR pistol parts.

And dreams of youth become the stories that we tell around the table with friends :s0082:

Vinnie
And all that you say is truth. For I also toted a Redhawk in stainless with a 2x Leopold into the woods for deer. But I also fell victim of the dream of antelope on the planes and in the tree stand back home. A Contender in 7x30 Waters made it's way into my battery and later added a 221 Fireball for varmints.
But then my legs grew weary and ambition short. But the dreams are still vivid, just stored in the safe.

But I sure had fun working up reloads for all those tools of necessity of the hunt. Did you reload for that "Hogleg"? I have the same scope mount, different rings. One of my heavy loads tore it in half. Had to back it down a full grain and have the cracked lens replaced. Whoops!:rolleyes:

I'm trying to figure out where I need to use your scope. Can't seem to get that dream started. :D

The Leupold has been replaced with a red dot, and I love it that way. Right now I'm rolling light 38's wadcutters for 90% of what goes though it and factory 357 mag's for the rest just to prove that I still can. Like the song goes, I ain't as good as I was was, but I'm as good once as I ever was . . . :cool:

Not sure on how old it is, I can pull it out tomorrow and check the SN on it, and if by 'revived' you mean serviced it's because Leopold is an awesome company, they are about 15 minutes from me, and every time I pick up a Leupold scope, no mater how old or new it is, I drop it off for a free cleaning and inspection.

What's the eye relief? Not thinking of using it on a handgun, but I've suddenly developed a "need" :rolleyes: for a scout scope for my Ruger Mini 14. Or to put it another way, would it work at 12" or so of eye relief? If yes, you can consider it sold. Thanks.

Dave

On second thought, just consider it sold, will PM with details. Thanks!

Last Edited:
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top