JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've said for years that social media is a Social Disorder.......I don't have a facebook or twitter or any of the others. I was actually sceptical about joining northwest firearms but do believe we need a place to "speak and be heard"
My experience here with Northwest Firearms has been proof positive that it's not the idea of mass communication that poisons our great country, but ignorance and lack of self education that drive the Disorder.
Kudos to you Hawken and Thank You for your Service to our Great Country

Mrs. Feinstein

I am combat veteran , and I enjoy owning firearms.
I have never harmed anyone with my firearms.
If anything , my combat experiences , along with the owning and shooting of my firearms , has given me a greater respect and appreciation of life , both mine and of others.
There are many more military members and veteran , who can say the same.

Your comment of :
"And often the killers are trained military and former military men."
Is extremely insulting to those of us who are serving or have served in the military.

Your comment can be taken to mean that all military and former military men are potential murderers.
It has been said to not judge a group , by the actions of a few individuals within a group....
Why is it acceptable to do so with members of our military or veterans of the same...?
Andy

Mr. Andy Hawken

I don't care about the fact that almost all veterans are emotionally and mentally stable citizens, or the fact that 99.9999% of firearm owners are law abiding citizens or the fact that they have rights, including the right to bare firearms as they see fit.

I do care that civilians possess firearms, wish to remain free and independent, and moreover have the training and experience to resist tyranny, because eventually those of us in power intend to wield our power as tyrants to control the populace, and we see you, and those like you, as a threat to our power. The fewer and more marginalized gun owners are, the better for us.

So you can see where my comments accomplish that for us.

Your future tyrant in Washington DC,
Diane Feinstein

I've said for years that social media is a Social Disorder.......I don't have a facebook or twitter or any of the others. I was actually sceptical about joining northwest firearms but do believe we need a place to "speak and be heard"
My experience here with Northwest Firearms has been proof positive that it's not the idea of mass communication that poisons our great country, but ignorance and lack of self education that drive the Disorder.

Social media itself isn't the problem. It's the people that don't question outrageous, or over the top information. Those people carry that info to other who also don't question things. And they blindly follow the words on their devices. I don't know what it is with people now? If I'd had kids in my 20s, those kids would have their kids now in their 20s/30s and seems that age are the ones destroying our cities. Maybe we should blame the schools? They don't seem to teach what people like my parents went though during The Depression, or Nazi Germany? Or how good Americans really have (Had?) it?

Last Edited:
Mr. Andy Hawken

I don't care about the fact that almost all veterans are emotionally and mentally stable citizens, or the fact that 99.9999% of firearm owners are law abiding citizens or the fact that they have rights, including the right to bare firearms as they see fit.

I do care that civilians possess firearms, wish to remain free and independent, and moreover have the training and experience to resist tyranny, because eventually those of us in power intend to wield our power as tyrants to control the populace, and we see you, and those like you, as a threat to our power. The fewer and more marginalized gun owners are, the better for us.

Diane Feinstein

Well, they're not quite as honest in their responses as that, but what they do say means the same thing.

Darren - welcome to NWFA and thanks for being a supporter!
I do agree that lack of self education or pulling ones head out of the ground would help our country

Mr. Andy Hawken

Diane Feinstein
Excellent reply ....and just the reason why I did not send my post to her.
Sad but true as the old saying and song goes.
Andy

Excellent reply ....and just the reason why I did not send my post to her.
Sad but true as the old saying and song goes.
Andy
I could suggest having your letter printed on eggshell sticker stock.

Then applying said stickers to her car windows.

Unfortunately, reality is that peasants such as ourselves would be unable to approach any property or vehicles owned by this ancient reptilian deity.
Even if we could prank that skank , some poor unfortunate soul would be assigned the task of cleaning up the mess.

Did everyone here read the same letter I did? While the writer is an idiot and clueless (they live in Kommieforna so that is redundant), I have no problem with Feinstein hitting the road, any way she can. I was going to say "throw her under the bus!" until I found out that isn't what it sounds like, it was just a figure of speech.

Social media itself isn't the problem. It's the people that don't question outrageous, or over the top information. Those people carry that info to other who also don't question things. And they blindly follow the words on their devices. I don't know what it is with people now? If I'd had kids in my 20s, those kids would have their kids now in their 20s/30s and seems that age are the ones destroying our cities. Maybe we should blame the schools? They don't seem to teach what people like my parents went though during The Depression, or Nazi Germany? Or how good Americans really have (Had?) it?
I agree...
Another example is I know multiple older people who despise smart phones because they witness people texting at inappropriate times (while driving, at a dinner table, etc)...
The problem is not the hand held computing device, which is an incredible example of technology, it's the fool who is operating it.

I agree...
Another example is I know multiple older people who despise smart phones because they witness people texting at inappropriate times (while driving, at a dinner table, etc)...
The problem is not the hand held computing device, which is an incredible example of technology, it's the fool who is operating it.

I don't care if a person is texting, unless they are sitting at my table, in which case it might be considered rude. Unfortunately my kids (adults) do this too often.

But if they are talking to someone on their phone, that could be rude (if they do it loudly enough), and if their phone is ringing, then that is probably rude too. It depends on the circumstances.

OTOH, before cell phones, there were always people talking and laughing loudly in restaurants - indeed, that bugs me a LOT more than them talking on their phones.

I agree...

Are you ready for this one? Heard this last night when the news had come on while was outside before I could change it. Looks like a lot of the problems will be solved for cell phone users with this new app!

I swear to God, humans have less time on this planet than we ever though I believe.

Are you ready for this one? Heard this last night when the news had come on while was outside before I could change it. Looks like a lot of the problems will be solved for cell phone users with this new app!

I swear to God, humans have less time on this planet than we ever though I believe.

Perhaps the app will stop them from walking in front of traffic or a train here and there.... But given how people are so involved in their devices to see where they are walking or driving, its probably going to take a life changing/ending even to get them or their friends to snap out of it....Providing they take responsibility instead of demanding a mandatory app that reminds them not to step out into traffic (GPS trscking) or detects their smart microwave running and tells them contents may be hot.....

a5q4y2hx1ft61.jpg

Looking at the world in real time then hearing people say atrocities are things of the past. Those black and white images in history books can't happen in sophisticated society.

Myanmar, Venezuela, North Korea, etc all say, hold my beer.

Don't forget Afghanistan, China, Iran, Yemen, Chad, Zimbabwe, Somalia, Libya, Iraq, Pakistan, Bosnia, Mexico, Nicaragua......

Your issue is similar to mine
I don't care if a person is texting, unless they are sitting at my table, in which case it might be considered rude. Unfortunately my kids (adults) do this too often.

But if they are talking to someone on their phone, that could be rude (if they do it loudly enough), and if their phone is ringing, then that is probably rude too. It depends on the circumstances.

OTOH, before cell phones, there were always people talking and laughing loudly in restaurants - indeed, that bugs me a LOT more than them talking on their phones.
Your issue is similar to mine, you remember civility and good manners.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top