Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

LETTER I SENT TO BRIAN BOQUIST

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Denwhit, Jul 6, 2013.

1. Denwhit

Denwhit Salem, Or Active Member

July 6, 2013

Mr. Boquist;
    This letter is for the purpose to ask you to vote against any kind of gun control. I have a concealed carry license and own 8 guns. No one has been hurt by the fact that I own guns. I keep them locked up in my safe and use them for target shooting and occasional hunting animals in season. People kill people not guns.

(Example deleted. Was too horrible to contemplate).

I hate to use horrible despicable graphic examples like above, just the thought of it should sicken us all, but someone needs to dramatize how stupid "gun control" measures really are and make you realize there are lots of ways to kill innocent human beings if someone wants to and you can not pass laws that will prevent it. Gun Control is just further erosion of our rights and freedoms as Americans.

Sincerely,

2. Modeler

Modeler Molalla, Oregon Soccer Fan

If there is any Oregon Senator we don't have to worry about when it comes to 2A issues it's Brian Boquist. He's solidly in our camp :thumbup:

3. Norm0931

Norm0931 Hillsboro, OR Sgt. Sheep Silver Vendor 2016 Volunteer

You'll get Boquist's policy back in response: "Senator Boquist feels gun control is using two hands and keeping the muzzle pointed in a safe direction."

4. Denwhit

I hope you are correct, but just in case they get "weak kneed".

5. OLDNEWBIE

OLDNEWBIE State of Flux Well-Known Member

When all this trouble began I was going to use a mythbusters type flamethrower as an example instead of a large suv. I didn't want to give the crazies any ideas or get red flagged so I left it out of my letters. I'm sure there are many horrible alternatives though. Too bad we have to fear what our govt. may do if we speak our mind. I ended up using the Texas tower sniper of the 1960s and the D.C. sniper as well. I think I made my point anyway.

6. Denwhit

I know what you mean. I hate that I even thought of that horrible example but guess the facts remain. If someone wants to kill many people fast, there are multiple ways of doing and legislative bodies will never be able to enact laws to counter same. I just hate to see "guns" get all the blame. When Joe Biteme says; "if it will save one life we have to act", I'd give a bunch to stand up ask him about motorcycles, skateboards, parachuting, abortion (hell, he could save millions of lives), fireworks, work, lower the speed limits to 15 MPH, etc. etc.