JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The first firearm I ever bought, nearly 30 years ago now, was a Taurus PT-92C semi-auto 9mm. I spent many, many hours researching various options before settling on that one, and admittedly budget was a major consideration.

I bought some unbeknownst-to-me HOT ammo at a flea market one time (THAT I will never do again), and firing it broke the locking block in my pistol. I sent the broken part to Taurus with an explanation, received a new part in the mail about 10 days later, no questions asked and at no cost to me, installed it, and went on about my merry way. I wish I'd never sold that gun...

Last Edited:
I've owned a number of different revolvers from S&W, Colt, and Ruger, and most were pre MIM and other cost reduction measures. Some were from the 50s, 60s, and 70s, and I found those to be fantastic in terms of build quality and lock-up of the cylinder when the hammer was cocked. I've looked at a number of modern and even "custom shop" revolvers and found the lock-up to be mediocre in many. I also have a 15 yr old or so Taurus 85 that I bought for travel in my van, and oddly enough the lock-up on it is extremely good. Not sure if I just happened to get a good one, or if that's standard for Taurus, but it is a surprisingly decent little gun for the money. That's my only experience with Taurus, and I'll be honest in saying I don't own any others just because I tend to be a snob about what I own.

Last Edited:
As I have stated, anyone can make a bad widget. Stuff happens. But the mark of a good company is how they handle it. Get it in and fixed and back out the door in a reasonable amount of time.

Its now been 6 months since I filed a repair request. Still have received nothing from taurus except the automated email response that I'll be contacted soon.

Well heck, at least the CEO sent a letter out. I'm not really aTaurus fan (nothing against them either) but I come from corporate retail so I know what he's up against walking into that job. Again, nice letter and he is addressing the problem head on. Next step is action.

Well sir, I completely disagree.:cool:

As the person who has bought many of his products and is yet to receive anything more than an automated letter, I say that until something comes through, its nothing but bull .

I would have rather he spent that $0.60 on hiring someone who will actually DO SOMETHING.

He can file that letter where the sun don't shine.

Buy taurus junk, you get taurus junk. Compared to HiPoint, l sent in a 9mm for repair, came back in 3 weeks with a list of what was done and replaced plus it was test fired. Returned to me directly, postage paid.

I have a little nugget to drop here.

Buy your firearms that come through Davidson's as the distributor so you NEVER have to deal with the manufacturer. Lifetime replacement guarantee.

Your FFL sends the problem firearm back and get a new replacement in a few days up to 2 weeks tops for long guns coming/going ground.

Shipping is super cheap to cover both ways for around $20 and then you just eat a background check fee, I would not expect anyone to charge a transfer fee. Personally I regularly eat the shipping fees to order someone a firearm from Davidson's over another distributor with free shipping if I don't have faith in that manufacturer's customer service. I won't sell something I have reason to believe will fail. Feel free to ask your local FFL as the odds are very high they have an account with them.

Last Edited:
I've heard about the Davidson's program. Never used it though. I'm well known for being a cheap SOB, so to keep that reputation intact, I always look for the lowest price.;)

Never had problems with any other brand.
Think that I'll just stay away from taurus. Problem solved.

I've had to send back two pistols in 30 years; both were S&W. The first was a M&P40 back in 2007. FTE and feed issues. Came back in a couple of weeks and has been flawless since. The latest was a Shield PC in 2016. Flawed barrel. Horrible experience. Had to argue with CS rep who said 12" groups was acceptable. I had to point out that there was an actual bump on the barrel. They had it 2-3 months and it was returned with a new barrel with a nick in the crown. Shot 8" groups. Sold it.

Bought a new Marlin 1894 that came with a cracked magazine tube follower and feeding issues. Folks on the Marlin forum said to not even bother sending it back since it will likely be gone for a couple of months and be returned in the same condition, or worse.

I had one of their 1911s. Sold due to financial constraints. Did not have a problem, shot good, definitely a budget gun but good enough for the price. I hear good things about G3. Looking to buy another one in the future. Happy to hear they are focusing on customer service.

Hello:

First let me clarify that im not attacking any of the authors im using in qoates and extend my utmost respect to them as friends.

My thought on the authors thinking that Taurus should change its name and return to production under another name would be same as changing the name of a murder / rapist and giving them another chance to murder and rape some more people.

They had there chance done us wrong so pay the price and go bankrupt out of business GONE FOREVER.

And as for the other author posting buy through Davidsons - Umm ok yeah thats an option but i bet that the distributor wont sell the TEARASS firearm for long when he gets the treatment from Taurus rest of us recieved as he doesnt want or need the hassle or loss eigther.
I attached i think the qoates but not sure where they got placed in my post so bear with me if they got posted wrong.
Head Shot ;)
Taurus also Ruined the Rossi brand. They were at one time a quality firearm. Forty years ago l bought new a Marlin Lever action in .357 Mag. My neighbor bought a new Rossi same caliber. His Rossi had a much smoother and lighter trigger pull plus it held one more round in the tube. Now the Rossi is a taurus with the Rossi name,. YUK!

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews