JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
On Presidents Day, let's talk about 'sensible' gun regs

As the nation celebrates "Presidents Day" today – honoring George Washington and Abraham Lincoln – it might be a splendid time to talk about the Second Amendment and what an editorial in yesterday's Valley News in West Lebanon, New Hampshire suggested are "sensible gun regulations."

<broken link removed>

More sensible gun regulations to go on top of the other sensible gun regulations. Like Lego's for politicians.

Sensible gun laws to me would be this:

End the BATFE. Make them the AT.
Dismantle the GCA, NFA etc. This opens up cheap suppressors, no tax stamps, DIAS and such. Watch The Purge happen to criminals.

I don't mind keeping the violent felonies, but also believe that time spent is time spent and rights restorations should happen automatically after served time. (repeat offenders have no chance of getting out).

Sure, allow background checks on firearms from FFL's. That's fine. It creates a nice secondary market.

Finger pointing and blaming "he did, and they did" should be stopped, and focused on what's in front and how we dismantle the above to give us real gun control, that is control with the people not the guvmnt.

Before you can talk about "sensible gun laws" the word "sensible" must be defined. I'm not talking about Webster. Words do mean things but first they must be defined. It make a difference whom is doing the defining.

I understand what they're trying to do, and though it may, on the surface, sound like a good idea, I fear it brings with it potential unforeseen consequences, such as giving the feds even more control over our carry rights. With some states refusing to acknowledge its citizen's right to self defense by carrying a gun, it does make one wonder how to we fight that? Do we invite the feds to get involved? Or do we fight state by state? I don't know. What I do know is that rarely do I believe the solution to be yet another law. Perhaps if they could just learn to honor the constitution, none of this would be necessary.

They roll the word "sensible" out every now and then to see if the suckers will bite. The left will be the ones who defines "sensible" but the fact is we don't need more gun controls. They lead new people into an old trap. When did you stop beating your wife? Same same.

They roll the word "sensible" out every now and then to see if the suckers will bite. The left will be the ones who defines "sensible" but the fact is we don't need more gun controls. They lead new people into an old trap. When did you stop beating your wife? Same same.
Who makes up the Left as far as Legislators go ?

CT they promised to not take away anyone's right to own an AR-15...then they made a law requiring everyone that they register them...and if they didn't register them by a specific date they were illegal...

sounds sensible to me!

CCRKBA makes it official, backs reciprocity, but some dislike idea

Making it official yesterday when the conclusion was somewhat foregone, the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms announced its support for the proposed Constitutional Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2015, while a letter-writer in Maryland thinks the whole concept is appalling.

<broken link removed>

I fully support sensible gun laws. Laws like the constitutional carry laws. The new Georgia "pro gun" law. State Laws that nullify federal law and punishes any civil servant who trys to enforce them. Sensible gun laws are great!

On Presidents Day, let's talk about 'sensible' gun regs

As the nation celebrates "Presidents Day" today – honoring George Washington and Abraham Lincoln – it might be a splendid time to talk about the Second Amendment and what an editorial in yesterday's Valley News in West Lebanon, New Hampshire suggested are "sensible gun regulations."

<broken link removed>

Feinblatt says: "Federally imposed concealed carry laws interfere with states' fundamental right to determine who is too dangerous to carry hidden, loaded guns in public." Well if he insists that this is a State right, why not help dismantle the GCA which regulates who can and who cannot acquire firearms on a federal level?

Feinblatt says: "Federally imposed concealed carry laws interfere with states' fundamental right to determine who is too dangerous to carry hidden, loaded guns in public." Well if he insists that this is a State right, why not help dismantle the GCA which regulates who can and who cannot acquire firearms on a federal level?

NOW you're getting it!
:D

The last sensible gun law contained the phrase "shall not be infringed". Since then it's all been about the powerful being frightened of undesirables (minorities, unwashed masses, people who disagree with tyranny, etc.) possessing firearms. The frightened sheep who grovel at their feet and help them disarm the strong make me sick.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top