J&B Firearm Sales
Gun Deals
Advertise on Northwest Firearms
Sporting Systems
Low Price Guns
Southwest Firearms
Oregon Rifleworks
Reactions
Sort of a reverse plating process, instead of attracting a material to a surface it repels it.
this guys video explains it

Reactions
I am not quite as cheap as he is, i plug the chamber with a rubber stopper and use the shrink tubing cut in 1 inch lengths along the rod about every 4-6 inches to isolate it from the barrel. Instead of batteries I used an old cell phone charger. After its done, I have cleaned it traditionally or used the old black powder method of hot soapy water (aint no school like old school) afterwards spraying it down with wd40 (after all, that's what it was made for, wd=water displacement).

bbbass

Reactions
After using Lasercast (Silver alloy) bullets in my wife's .357 SS, I soak the barrel in a strong vinegar solution and it melts the deposits away... no amount of brushing/scrubbing will take them out.

fredoesway

Reactions
found in old gun cleaning kit tube of outers graphite firearm lubricant. any body ever use this product? it is very small tube of black grease.

Reactions
I recently ordered a 3 pack of Ballistol to use around the house and on automobiles. I read some articles about how well it cleans firearms so I figured I would try it out on my Tikka 30-06 that I thought was clean because I had used a copper remover in the barrel and a clp for the rest of it.
I ran a soaked patch of Ballistol down the barrel, waited 15 minutes then stroked it with a brush. I pushed a dry patch through and it was filthy. I was amazed because I am really good about cleaning my guns. If you don't use Ballistol maybe give it a try, I am glad I did.

fstdraw

Reactions
I've discovered that synthetic oil this time of year is all you need. Rails, exterior, springs and pins, barrel. Gun functions better than with grease and cleans easily. That being said I do clean after nearly outing. Sometimes a bit of grease on the hammer where it rubs on the slide. Works for AR's, auto pistols and revolvers.

Lennie

Reactions
I've discovered that synthetic oil this time of year is all you need. Rails, exterior, springs and pins, barrel. Gun functions better than with grease and cleans easily. That being said I do clean after nearly outing. Sometimes a bit of grease on the hammer where it rubs on the slide. Works for AR's, auto pistols and revolvers.
Mobil one A quart will last forever. Best lube I have found. It does not dry out like most other lubes and is very temperature tolerant.

fredoesway

Reactions
i had a friend miss a nice buck because of oil on the firing pin and freezing wheather. firing pin would not move fast enough to fire the rifle.

I recently ordered a 3 pack of Ballistol to use around the house and on automobiles. I read some articles about how well it cleans firearms so I figured I would try it out on my Tikka 30-06 that I thought was clean because I had used a copper remover in the barrel and a clp for the rest of it.
I ran a soaked patch of Ballistol down the barrel, waited 15 minutes then stroked it with a brush. I pushed a dry patch through and it was filthy. I was amazed because I am really good about cleaning my guns. If you don't use Ballistol maybe give it a try, I am glad I did.
Based on a post from @tac many moons ago, I started using Ballistol extensively.
I still have Hoppes, CLP, MPro7, Mobil-1, kerosene, vinegar, ammonia, and a host of other cleaners, but find that I use Ballistol the most for both carbon cleaning and lube.

whiskeybill

Reactions
#9 still works for me. I'm never in a rush, so before the rifle / handgun gets put away for any length of time, I swab the bore generously with #9 and let it sit and work overnight. Fouling comes out easier if the solvent is left to do it's work. I had a whole bunch of different concoctions cluttered under my bench at one time, but decided to simplify. Ballistol works great, but I don't want the gun room smelling like an old wet dog.

Regards,
Bill

Reactions
Yeah Ballistol does smell like swamp a$$, I still use #9 to clean my brushes and such. I also have various foaming bore cleaners that work well.

Let Freedom Ring
Sporting Systems
Advertise on Northwest Firearms
Southwest Firearms
Cerberus Training Group
Copeland Custom Gunworks

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors January Gun Show
Portland, OR
Wes Knodel Gun Shows
Chehalis, WA
Wes Knodel Gun Shows