JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
According to the TFB TV interview; P80 isn't an exact replica, as they had to use Gen4 internals, a standard barrel (the original had a pencil barrel), NDLC coating on the slide as they can't do Tenifer legally due to environmental restrictions, the mags are standard, instead of the original U mags (which are not drop free and suck apparently), and the serial number is on the frame thanks to ATF. So its a Gen4 G17 without the finger groves and a P80 stamped on the slide and barrel instead of G17... and someone will yell, "shut up, take my money!"...

I haven't read all 8 pages, so apologies if these are repeats/redundant.

Tough to make too many recommendations without knowing end-use and your budget.

If you had some coin to spend, you could trick it out John Wick style (tho unfortunately TTI has had some controversy as of late, so you might want to look elsewhere).

You could go with someplace like ATEI and their 'buffet' style packages:

And FWIW, I'd definitely say 9mm and .357 Sig Conversion barrels are worth considering. The 9mm for the obvious reasons, and the .357 Sig is a great/underappreciated round, especially if you like longer range (75+ yds) shooting.

The only other two items that should definitely be considered - upgraded sights and a metal guide rod.

Good luck!
Boss

So I didn't see if this is a carry gun or range gun. If you are cerakoting I wouldn't recommend carry. It wears to fast. I would recommend dlc.

For a cary gun
Sights. Your choice. I recommend a fiber front, blacked out rear.

If it's a carry gun the only trigger I recommend is the skimmer trigger. If it's a range gun then put the Zev spring kit on that trigger and it is without a doubt the best trigger you can get on a Glock.

Before you replace he barrel see how yours shoots. My 19 stock barrel will hold a 5 round group sub 1/2" @ 25 yards. Stock barrels can be great if they lock up tight.

Stay away from extended controls. They generally are a handicap to good technique. The glock extended mag release from glock adds about 1mm to the stock one. These are as far as I would go.

If this is a carry gun I would use the stock recoil assembly and replace it every 4k rounds religiously. 40 cal Glocks have long term problems. The rounds beat the guns apart. Just something to think about before you put several hundred dollars into this. It will probably not last more than 40k rounds.

Just my $.02. but I do have several glocks some modified some stock. Each has a purpose. Also only use factory mags or magpul. Those are the only 2 mags I have seen perform flawlessly if maintained.

Sometimes, things just come together! Stealth Gear holsters run $99 on up and I've had a few over time. Didn't want to spend that much to carry my G33-40 and was doing some looking around. Came across an add for one, I believe it was unused as there isn't a mark anywhere on it, for the smoking price of $30 shipped!:eek: Well I was all over that like an ant on a cupcake! (Can't fat shame any porkers):)

thumbnail_IMG_0301.jpg

Shoot it as is. Save your money for a Zev OZ9. :cool:
Ya... thought I'd save money and build my own Custom ZEV instead of buying an OZ9...
.. only thing left stock Glock is the frame and mag button(not for long). Everything else is ZEV..didn't quite work like I planned.
I still have a custom stipple and undercut job to go..
Time I'm done I coulda bought an OZ9 and a steak dinner.

that said, its MY masterpiece and if I had it to do over I'd do the same thing.

E129BB02-4289-4465-BAA4-7F0857BB860B.jpeg

5FE1710F-0AB9-48D8-B9EC-3DF1E8F4A098.jpeg

Work done by Jeremy @LuckySG , Lucky's Sporting Goods. @Kruel J

Slide - Magpul Foliage Green
Frame - Desert Sand/sides left black
Barrel - Black
Springs - Zev technologies
Sights - Glock night sights
Mag Release - Vickers Tactical
Mag base plate - Magpul Foliage Green

The Desert Sand really was quite bright left plain so, (this is why you trust the pros!) Jeremy suggested adding a little black to the slide and frame to give it that worn look. I gotta tell y'all, this came out way better than my original vision! Jeremy is one heck a great guy and know's his stuff. My beat up baby came back a princess!:D

2e24020e-6230-4b95-9a24-56a20857a7be.jpg 5d403fb5-8b09-4611-83af-80e3f77432e4.jpg 4070d081-bbb0-41e1-9e6f-e5fab5690ce5.jpg a1825618-45ae-4e6b-94c1-f3d9756402a9.jpg d3ea9416-e857-421a-a635-8a44bedc0e97.jpg db406166-8830-4b8b-bc22-4731fa49a88c.jpg

Work done by Jeremy @LuckySG , Lucky's Sporting Goods. @Kruel J

Slide - Magpul Foliage Green
Frame - Desert Sand/sides left black
Barrel - Black
Springs - Zev technologies
Sights - Glock night sights
Mag Release - Vickers Tactical
Mag base plate - Magpul Foliage Green

The Desert Sand really was quite bright left plain so, (this is why you trust the pros!) Jeremy suggested adding a little black to the slide and frame to give it that worn look. I gotta tell y'all, this came out way better than my original vision! Jeremy is one heck a great guy and know's his stuff. My beat up baby came back a princess!:D

View attachment 747118 View attachment 747119 View attachment 747120 View attachment 747121 View attachment 747122 View attachment 747123

Looks great!!! Let's go shoot it! :)

As soon as all this wild fire crap is resolved, and we can breathe again, I'll hit the range with the G35 and G33/40 and post up some thoughts.:s0155:

Let's talk some more Glock!:D Having the G35 to my tastes and the G33 w/.40 barrel for carry, I am going to add a G22 G3 to the pool and call it good for a while! (I said for a while, not permanently!:s0112:) Now, if this G22 G3 was to be used for lets say, a bedside...truck...all purpose work horse gun, would you RMR it?

Let the arguments begin!:eek:

Let's talk some more Glock!:D Having the G35 to my tastes and the G33 w/.40 barrel for carry, I am going to add a G22 G3 to the pool and call it good for a while! (I said for a while, not permanently!:s0112:) Now, if this G22 G3 was to be used for lets say, a bedside...truck...all purpose work horse gun, would you RMR it?

Let the arguments begin!:eek:
No.
Why complicate it ?

Unless your eyes are such that iron sights are not working for you anymore.

Unless your eyes are such that iron sights are not working for you anymore.
I can still use the irons pretty well. Just seems a lot of folks are going that route and I was curious to the benefits and would it be worth it? Has anyone's shooting improved due to adding one?

I can still use the irons pretty well. Just seems a lot of folks are going that route and I was curious to the benefits and would it be worth it? Has anyone's shooting improved due to adding one?
Yeah, mine has.
It's like cheating.
But I would have to do a lot more training to be able to rely on it in a self-defense situation.

We put up some clay birds on a sandy bank at about 30 yards.
My shooting buddy was busy loading mags and then looked up and said...
"Where did all those clay birds go ?'

:)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews