JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ok so, for a while now, I've been wanting to do a custom to me gun. Have all I want now for carry/home/range toys but, wanted something unique for me to show off to my buds. Picked up this Glock 35 .40S&W today and am thinking of sending it in for some cerakoting and maybe a custom barrel and trigger type stuff. Looking for some thoughts on the parts so, feel free to suggest what you like and or have experience with. Also, if there is anything you would have replaced for peace of mind. It has been well loved and has the wear marks to show.

Oh yeah, I got it for $450 so, I think I did ok.

thumbnail_20200819_121132.jpg thumbnail_20200819_121148_HDR.jpg thumbnail_20200819_121231.jpg thumbnail_20200819_121240.jpg

Anyone know what Gen. it is? I'm thinking maybe a Gen3?

It's already got night sights on also.:s0060:

Last Edited:
Find a local Glock armorer and have them go through it. Then shoot the thing until you run out of money. Conversion barrels are a neat setup for .40 cal Glocks. 9x19 and 357 sig barrels are cheap. Have fun with it! BTW, $450 is a good price especially in the last few months or so.

I mean, if you want custom and the sky is the limit, then...might as well go all out.

I put a Zev trigger + Taran Tactical springs in my wife's G43. Slide was milled and cerakoted.

There's anodized and extended slide stops, mag releases...colored pins, fancy backplates. Stippling of all sorts and styles.

You can essentially swap out everything except the frame with something custom...as long as you realize that no-one will ever pay you for what you paid in those parts. Once you start spending on that stuff, it's your gun for life or one you know that you'll lose a lot of cash on if you ever sold it.

I mean, if you want custom and the sky is the limit, then...might as well go all out.

I put a Zev trigger + Taran Tactical springs in my wife's G43. Slide was milled and cerakoted.

There's anodized and extended slide stops, mag releases...colored pins, fancy backplates. Stippling of all sorts and styles.

You can essentially swap out everything except the frame with something custom...as long as you realize that no-one will ever pay you for what you paid in those parts. Once you start spending on that stuff, it's your gun for life or one you know that you'll lose a lot of cash on if you ever sold it.

Swapping the frame is possible and easy too.

My I introduce the Polymer80? 1911 grip angle on a glock

Love him or hate him, Lenny McGill @ Glock Store knows Glocks inside and out and has lots of videos on how to pump out your Glock...
Yeah, I've got a couple items on order from them but, they are slow in getting caught up!:s0112:

First purchase taken care of! I ordered two more mags to go with it as it only came with one.:(

Yes sir, I happen to know first hand. :D

All of my Glocks are Gen 3, and the only thing I do to all of them is replace the ejector (part number 336 for G19/17) with the ejector from the Gen 4 (part number 30274 for G19/17). This modification cures any brass-to-the-face problems that can sometimes occur with the Gen 3 Glocks.

I also usually chop the "nub" off of the slide release since my natural grip sometimes rides the extension while shooting (long fingers), but that's just a modification specific to me.

Besides that I leave everything factory.

Enjoy your new Glock!

I like upgrading the ejector as mentioned. The extractor is a MIM part and is know to break. I use ZEV Enhanced Extractors. They work better than OEM and are pretty cheap. The other this is the guide rod is plastic from OEM. I like to upgrade and go with a 1lb lighter spring for better cycling with 115 ammo.

Doing a little looking around I guess I should say, I'm going to do a semi-custom job to the 35!

Cerakote slide and mag bottoms to match
Barrel upgrade
Tungsten guide rod
Possible trigger
Different night sights (I'm not to particular on the current ones)
Different Mag release (Has an extended one on it but, don't care much for it either)

Anything I'm missing?

Doing a little looking around I guess I should say, I'm going to do a semi-custom job to the 35!

Cerakote slide and mag bottoms to match
Barrel upgrade
Tungsten guide rod
Possible trigger
Different night sights (I'm not to particular on the current ones)
Different Mag release (Has an extended one on it but, don't care much for it either)

Anything I'm missing?
Threaded barrel with compensator?
Rmr cut with holosun?

You definitely want to change that ejector at a minimum. It's very easy to do and an $8 part for OEM.

Also I like to polish my connector and my trigger bar and then put on a new shoe. Gives you a nice crisp trigger with no grit for not much $$. Check out Marinegunbuilder for how to videos

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top