JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Why not? It'll take our minds off worthless, POS politicians.

I used to be a coffee Neanderthal. I couldn't tell the difference between a macchiato and Maxwell House. For the longest time I used to drink Starbucks because I worked across the street from one. I never knew why people always called them "Char-bucks" until I took the plunge and started branching out.

It was like a revelation! Starbucks sells all sort of coffee and coffee drinks, but no matter which one you buy, they all taste the same- burned! From Christmas Blend to Ethiopian, makes no difference- they all taste like they were roasted in hell.

Nowadays I'm very partial to Central American coffee's, and blends made from those countries. And then of course there's my all time favorite: KONA! Can't really afford Kona Coffee all the time, but man I wish I could.

So what are your fav's and why?

My Wife and I are Starbucks snobs. She likes her 16oz shot in the dark and I prefer soy lattes.
Regular coffee choice is Starbucks French or Italian roast!

308, like I said, I used to be the exact same as you & your wife. Have you tried any of the coffee offerings at Peet's perchance?

As for you jfw, (and I'll state right up front that I'm not a Peet's 'ho), I'd suggest going to Peet's and trying their Mocha Freddo offering. Once you do, you'll not want a Frappuccio again!

Public domain in downtown Portland is the place to get yourself a real cup of coffee. Order a single-origin cup from their slow bar; it's incredible. Any place that offers Chemex service you should take them up on. Ristretto and Fresh Pot make decent pour-overs, too. Starbucks is to coffee what Mcdonalds is to hamburgers: if you want a real one, go elsewhere.

I personaly only drink coffee.. no milk or added flavours.
I realllllllyyyy dont like char-bucks coffee at all.

Black and strong usually. sludge cups are good! (four shots esspreso in a 16 oz cup of coffee.)
I tend to like the african beans best. Favorite is the KenyaAA.
If you make coffee in a french press you should give peaberry beans a shot.

I also roast my own beans, have a coffee roaster next to the coffee mill nest to the esspresso machine next to the drip that is nest to the french press that is next to the electric percilator.... Ect. ect..

I love coffee.!

A fan of Seattles Best level 3 here. Just never could understand how the apprentice roasters rejects (french roast) ever got popular. You ever wonder why the French got such a reputation for sauces and gravies? It was because of their need to cover up the smell and taste of rancid meat. Same thing with french roast coffee. Cheap, over roasted beans all have the same taste, regardless of quality, so it's a cheap way to cover low quality and roasters mistakes.

Public domain in downtown Portland is the place to get yourself a real cup of coffee. Order a single-origin cup from their slow bar; it's incredible. Any place that offers Chemex service you should take them up on. Ristretto and Fresh Pot make decent pour-overs, too. Starbucks is to coffee what Mcdonalds is to hamburgers: if you want a real one, go elsewhere.

Thanks for tip! I'm going to check them out!

308, like I said, I used to be the exact same as you & your wife. Have you tried any of the coffee offerings at Peet's perchance?
As for you jfw, (and I'll state right up front that I'm not a Peet's 'ho), I'd suggest going to Peet's and trying their Mocha Freddo offering. Once you do, you'll not want a Frappuccio again!
Definitely like Peets and their Apple Turnovers are to die for.
It seems like their coffee has more caffeine by the way digestive system reacts...lol

Sumatran is my favorite coffee, when not roasted to a char. I used to refer to Starbucks as Charbucks. Used to roast my own, but weather ate my roaster. KIVU Sumatra Mandheling is a medium roast, is available at most stores and is my go to morning and evening coffee of choice. :s0155:

Can't hardly get through the day without my STUMP TOWN COFFEE !!!

If anyone is interested there is a place in Boring, OR that roasts and sells whole coffee beans as a secondary side line business. It's called BORING BARK. They typically have large potato sack size bags with beans from several countries there.

Lastly, Yes KONA but just like in the 80's Hawaiian is expensive and hard to come by.

Ristretto Roasters (NE 42/Fremont, N Williams/Beech) - they roast their own
Extracto (NE 29/Killingsworth) - they roast their own
Barista (NE 17/Alberta, NW 13/Hoyt) - they use a rotating variety of top quality beans
Coava (SE Grand/Main) - they roast their own
Heart (E Burnside/22) - they roast their own
Crema (SE 28/Ankeny) - they use Stumptown
Albina Press (N Albina/Blandena, SE 52/Hawthorne) - they use Stumptown
Stumptown (a bunch)

These are a few of my favorite places

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class