JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
For those of you who missed out on the last Appleseed event, not to worry! We have another one coming up in just one more week at Chehalem Valley Sportsman's Club in Dundee, OR! As of this writing, the weather forecast is looking GREAT! Perfect weather for learning how to shoot 4moa groups offhand, and learning about about the American Revolution- why and how it all started. THIS IS A RIMFIRE ONLY EVENT! Here's the information page for this shoot:

Can't make this week's shoot- no worries! We have more coming later in October on the 19th at Douglas Ridge Rifle Club, and again at Dundee in November, and AGAIN at Douglas Ridge in December. I'd highly encourage anyone interested in shooting an Appleseed at Douglas Ridge to sign up ASAP as this will be the very last Appleseed event for our beloved shoot boss / regional coordinator Ben Edman a.k.a. Kimber Custom!

Last Edited:
Will future Appleseed events be offered in the spring?

Although I should mention, if the December event at Douglas Ridge is sufficiently cold, you could potentially earn the coveted Winterseed patch!

1569933889357.png
I've been a part of Appleseed for years, and even I don't have one of these yet!

Only five more slots available folks! Weather is looking glorious for this coming weekend! Now's the time to take the plunge if you've never done Appleseed before!

Gonna be awesome weather this weekend for the shoot! I wish I could be there with you all today, but alas, I have to work.

I WILL be seeing everyone tomorrow though!

Signed up for the Dec event! Can't wait!

Now I need advice.. are red dot sights allowed? I can't find anywhere it's addressed. Seems not aligned with the theme, but it's mounted on my 10/22 already (which is my first choice) and I don't want to have to buy better iron sights or mount a scope on a receiver of a takedown.

Is the event all at 25 meters?

Which rifle?

Ruger American Rimfire, Ruger 10/22 takedown or Marlin Model 60

Thoughts would be appreciated.

Signed up for the Dec event! Can't wait!

Now I need advice.. are red dot sights allowed? Yes, red dots are allowed. Whatever sighting system floats your boat as long as you can use it to successfully land rounds on a very small target.

Is the event all at 25 meters? Yes, the event is all at 25 meters. Only the Known Distance events shoot out to actual 100, 200, 300 etc.

Which rifle? Ruger American Rimfire, Ruger 10/22 takedown or Marlin Model 60. Either rifle will work just fine as long it's 100% dead nuts accurate at 25 meters before the event. We go over sighting adjustments as part of the class, but people who have already sighted in their rifles prior to the event typically have a much better time becuase if they're ot landing rounds on target, then they know it's something they're doing wrong, and not the rifle itself.

Thoughts would be appreciated.

BPOR11,

FYI the Appleseed National Forum sight is here: Project Appleseed - Index

Though I've never shot an actual Appleseed event (did hi-power in my younger years) I made this as my Liberty Training Rifle.

GEDC1134-1.jpg

Aloha, Mark

PS....I've heard that scopes have a limit of 4.5x. If that helps you?

Last Edited:
BPOR11,

FYI the Appleseed National Forum sight is here: Project Appleseed - Index

Though I've never shot an actual Appleseed event (did hi-power in my younger years) I made this as my Liberty Training Rifle.

View attachment 629157

Aloha, Mark

PS....I've heard that scopes have a limit of 4.5x. If that helps you?

I use a 3x9 scope on my .22 rifle at Appleseed. Usually keep it on about 6x power.

After thinking about it awhile…...

Maybe, there is/are no specific rule(s) for equipment. Unless the local chapter wishes/wants to make rule(s) for their event.

I say this mainly because......the point of Appleseed is to get out there and shoot (learn marksmanship). It's not really a real competition event (like NRA Competition where scores are reported for national titles). It's suppose to be a no pressure situation and so why have rules?

Humm.…..I can remember my first hi-power shoot. Beside the rifle and ammo..... OMG, thinking about all of the equipment that I needed. Yup, it got expensive, really fast.

I don't think that Appleseed wants that.

And BTW, I'm not speaking about the RANGE rules (of the venue). You know: stuff like restricted calibers, AP and steel core bullets, etc.....

Of course, I could be all wrong about this.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
We are developing a Pistol Clinic. It would fit somewhere between NRA basic pistol and a Defensive Handgun 1 class. Focus would be on pistol marksmanship: Grip, Stance, NPOA, trigger press & reset. Nothing out of a holster or involving movement 'off the x'. The program is still in Beta phase but I'm looking for guinea pigs to be shooters at the event. I'm running the event Nov 23 & 24. I'll be running the same material both days. You are welcome to come to one, either or both - just again; it's a beta program so it will not have the same polished flow as a typical AS event.

Eagle Creek, OR Instructor Training – Pistol Program – November 23, 2019 – Project Appleseed

Eagle Creek, OR Instructor Training – Pistol Program – November 24, 2019 – Project Appleseed

I'm guessing 250-300 rounds of ammo per day. You can run any traditional pistol (no rifle caliber pistols w/braces) including .22's and revolvers. Semi-auto w/2 mags is recommended. Personally, I'd run 9mm but to each their own. The club will charge $5 per day for any adult non-club members for use of the range.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top