JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Another thing to consider in the truck gun arena...
Is legality....
If you were to travel across state lines....what is legal to own in one state in regards to magazine capacity , action type , or configuration , etc..or even how you store said firearm in your vehicle...may be different from state to state.

Now to be clear here...I am not in favor of magazine capacity restrictions or restrictions on just what type of firearms one can own....but some states are.

A pump action shotgun or a lever action rifle makes for a good choice if one needs to travel from state to state..and wants to have a truck gun.
As these firearms ( pump action shotguns and lever action rifles ) are usually good to go in almost any state.
Granted some states with magazine restrictions could mean that some pump shotguns and lever action rifles will need a "plug" of some sort , to limit the amount of ammo in the magazine tube.
Andy

CMMG BANSHEE 10MM

BANSHEE MIKE KAREN 005 small.jpg

Another offering (This one rides in the seat scabbard DURING the course of a hunt):

P3300130.JPG

Savage Model 24DL: .22WMR over 20ga. This gun is truly, "Grab and Go".
Cartridge carrier holds 5 shotshells (two are slugs) and 4 rifle cartridges. Redfield peep.
Again: capability for rabbits to elk (naked apes included), with application to wingshooting as well.
Detriment: couldn't stand to lose this one in a theft.

And, just in case someone took "Truck Gun" to mean something entirely different:

P3300131.JPG

Custom Siamese Mauser, .45-70 caliber. Express sights, Leupold 1.5-5x on QD mounts. Strong action allows power right behind a .458 Winchester.

"Deer guns" kill deer. "Elk guns" kill elk. "Bear guns" kill bears.

Guess what this "Truck Gun" kills.

Old Colt Police positive loaded with buffalo bore hard cast standard pressure 38SW in a Hunter Holster. It was a next to free when I got it and covered in rust, gunk and masking tape for some reason, the bore is good, the action still locks up like a bank vault and I like that I can see the bullets travel through the air when I shoot it.

7768408A-C49C-4AAB-9459-4A746EECCB87.jpeg

For a quick grab while driving a 9mm with extra mags inside the unlocked steel ConsoleVault.
For outside the truck a quick grab away 357 lever gun primed with full load Buffalo Bore rounds.

Well, my pickup went kapoots a few months back so, now relying on my Civic for everywhere driving. While I had the ole beater, I sometimes had this along fully loaded with Aguila 00 buck mini shells.

x8Me8NM[1].jpg

I'm putting parts, inexpensively, together for another Ruger Charger. It will likely get tossed in the trunk to be forgotten. With a brick of decent 22lr and a handful of BX25s.

Yeah sure. A truck gun is what you grab when the local 'kill whitey" crowd has you boxed in in an intersection and is smashing windows with bricks during whatever excuse for an insurrection they can think of. Thats the kind of stuff that actually does occur in the 'hood I work in. Not SHTF just every now and then sort of thing. I could give a damn about coyotes.

Well, even in sh!thole Portland, OR (Remember, this is "NorthWest" Firearms) the situation described above rarely happens. And even though I live within 15 miles of City center, I've had coyotes and such at the end of my driveway. Get farther away from the cesspool of our largest city (an hour) and it's wilderness. Honestly. I think that if any of us Northwesterners lived in your neck of the woods, we would arm ourselves in a different manner.
Another offering (This one rides in the seat scabbard DURING the course of a hunt):

View attachment 676945

Savage Model 24DL: .22WMR over 20ga. This gun is truly, "Grab and Go".
A friend has a similar gun in .308 over 12 Ga. It's his "Get home gun".

I don't have a dedicated truck gun. I quite often am taking a 30-06 (@Spitpatch) out to work with and I don't feel the need for anything besides my carry pistol.
However, I have two guns that would qualify for truck gun status. The most likely one used is a high capacity 12 gauge pump loaded bucks n slugs. The other is an AR pistol in 5.56. It all depends on what I'm doing when I drive my truck and what's been goin on in the neighborhood where I'm goin.

OH! And age.

I'm not as old as many on here, but I'm probably older than most. When I was a kid in the 60's and early 70's it was not unusual to actually see what truck guns were. They were in the back windows of trucks parked in the high school lot! Those kids didn't put the gun in the truck when they drove to school, the guns lived in those trucks. That's a typical Oregon truck gun.

Well, even in sh!thole Portland, OR (Remember, this is "NorthWest" Firearms) the situation described above rarely happens. And even though I live within 15 miles of City center, I've had coyotes and such at the end of my driveway. Get farther away from the cesspool of our largest city (an hour) and it's wilderness. Honestly. I think that if any of us Northwesterners lived in your neck of the woods, we would arm ourselves in a different manner.

A friend has a similar gun in .308 over 12 Ga. It's his "Get home gun".

I don't have a dedicated truck gun. I quite often am taking a 30-06 (@Spitpatch) out to work with and I don't feel the need for anything besides my carry pistol.
However, I have two guns that would qualify for truck gun status. The most likely one used is a high capacity 12 gauge pump loaded bucks n slugs. The other is an AR pistol in 5.56. It all depends on what I'm doing when I drive my truck and what's been goin on in the neighborhood where I'm goin.
I'm Charlotte metro now and I work literally in the ghetto. Most of the times it's chill. Sometimes it's not.

I noticed that. Why don't you get two of them truck guns? ;)
Oh. I wouldn't call Portland a sh!thole by any stretch. Fruity maybe but soft in the belly. Closest Sh!thole near you is Redding and it goes downhill the farther south you go. Tacoma has its moments though.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top