JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
It goes where I go and you'd have to know where to look to find it. 7" AR pistol with a quick detach silencer mount for when I actually want to fire that flame thrower.

Q4HLfI.jpg

Heres mine. Built it pretty recently. Its more of a backpack gun but that backpack goes with me in the truck. I thought i was done with it but now im thinking of replacing the milspec trigger with hiperfire or some other pcc trigger.

D2BD53FF-9143-440C-8341-EF1B3C6F497F.jpeg

Insert best "World's most Mysterious Man" voice here....
"I don't always have a truck gun....But when I do its a :
1981 Remington 870 Wingmaster , 12 gauge , with a 18 inch Improved Cylinder choke barrel and wood stocks...." :D
Andy
DSC06837.jpg

Boy! Talk about a generational (or perhaps geographical) gap!

None of these rigs appear ideal or even remotely suited for busting a coyote on the way to work or school, or filling your deer tag on second's notice while driving to the grocery store (purposes for which a "Truck Gun" was always defined in my neck of the woods).

Here's what rides behind the seat in the Big Rig on long trips:

P3300129.JPG

Remington M700 ADL Synthetic Youth. .243 Winchester. Short barrel and overall length allows for switching ends of the gun inside the cab of the truck and getting the business end out the window in a hurry (....while on Private Land, of course!). Range and power capability enough for Jackrabbits to Elk. Bought from GI Joes when they were on the wane for $259. If it gets stolen outta the truck the broken window and the optics cost more. (Another true "Truck Gun" requirement.)

A durable and accurate "Truck Gun" in the original sense of the expression, ready for contingencies that actually DO occur.

And for contingencies that (hopefully) none of us will ever see (as most other examples shown here would apply), this one might solve the problem before you even get there.

(Note the High-Tech "length of pull modification device" scientifically attached to the buttstock.)

Yeah sure. A truck gun is what you grab when the local 'kill whitey" crowd has you boxed in in an intersection and is smashing windows with bricks during whatever excuse for an insurrection they can think of. Thats the kind of stuff that actually does occur in the 'hood I work in. Not SHTF just every now and then sort of thing. I could give a damn about coyotes.

"Truck Gun"...
Can mean many things to many different people...
As well as being different things at different times and places.

When and where I was growing up it usually meant :
A lower priced .22 rifle or shotgun for a quick , spur-of -the moment hunt.

Nowadays for me...it could mean either the Wingmaster I posted about earlier...
Or my flintlock fowler ....both could be used for a quick spur-of -the moment hunt.

The Wingmaster also doubles nicely as a self defense truck gun if the need arises...
Which for some folks , is something that they may need to consider for their situation.
Andy

Yeah sure. A truck gun is what you grab when the local 'kill whitey" crowd has you boxed in in an intersection and is smashing windows with bricks during whatever excuse for an insurrection they can think of. Thats the kind of stuff that actually does occur in the 'hood I work in. Not SHTF just every now and then sort of thing. I could give a damn about coyotes.

A perfect example of the "geographical gap" of which I spoke. Despicable low-life predators vary according to region.

Yep, a truck gun has different seasonal requirements.

The iron sighted 870 is plenty accurate with slugs during deer season, as well as suitable for grouse with bird shot. .

Different times of the year, a longer shooting gun can be in order, but the short barrel is always an advantage regardless of the time of year if it's considered a truck gun, to me.

While out and about, actually hunting on foot or in a blind, a legitimate rifle is in order, but that's in addition to the truck gun, whatever that might be.

Also, when I'm in central Oregon, my truck gun will be different than when I'm in the mountains.

Finally, as useful as a M-4 might be for some situations, it's almost never in my truck gun mix. If there's an M-4 in my rig, it's in addition to a truck gun.

Some other guns that rotate in and out of truck gun duty are, a bolt action scout rifle, a Trapper-length or carbine length lever action in 30-30, .44 or .357, a PC9 or PC40, a 686/629, Blackhawk or Super Blackhawk, or even a 10mm 1911. Could even be a 10/22. These choices may compliment what I'm carrying on my hip, or be completely opposite.

P1020056.jpg

P1010016.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR