JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
a friend of mind had one of these and I really liked it. I have many years on sportbikes. this isnt that, but it's pretty cool nonethless. one thing i remember on his bike is how good the front brakes felt. aftermarket stuff is insane on these too. you might not think it. my buddy did all kinds of do dads on his - very cool

good luck ride safe.
This is one of the lowest powered bikes I've ever owned, but the the torque and sound it makes is intoxicating!

So far, I've just added a Givi top case, a bunch of miles and fuel. She's a blast to ride!

New to me, 1998 S1 Lightning!
Was going to wait for the new Triumph Bobber, but decided the Lightning was more Hooligan, which is kinda my thing,, not near as quick or as fast as my old Speed Triple, but a bit more comfortable on the longer rides!
s.fr%2fwp-content%2fuploads%2f2018%2f04%2fDSCN0045.jpg

This was one of my favorites. Caused quite the stir when I'd ride it to the biker night at the Corner Saloon.
I got stupid, though, and had to have a Honda Mini Trail 50. Sold this after buying the Honda. Sold the Honda a year later and tried to find my mini-bike, but the trail went cold past the guy I sold it to. :(
View attachment 1104356
If memory serves, and you had the right sprockets, that single-speed Briggs & Stratton (or Tecumseh) with a centrifugal clutch was a damn sight faster on level ground than the Mini-Trail. Though not so much going uphill.

Peter Fonda filmed Easy Rider in 1969 because he wanted to be like this badass stud.

18-11-04-e--006.jpg

You're just trolling now!
Nope! I do many things for fun. That was one of the fun-est. I currently don't have a street bike, but have a dirtbike for me and one for the grandkid. I was looking for pics of them when I stumbled onto the mini bike pic. Those are a 2006 CFR250X for me and a 2004 CRF230F for him.

New to me, 1998 S1 Lightning!
Was going to wait for the new Triumph Bobber, but decided the Lightning was more Hooligan, which is kinda my thing,, not near as quick or as fast as my old Speed Triple, but a bit more comfortable on the longer rides!
View attachment 1104361
Dude! That thing had just come out (96?) and I was having a hard time between a black one and a yellow Triumph Daytona 1200. I think the Buell would have won my heart, but I bought a 5.0 Mustang convertible instead and kept the Honda Hawk GT I posted here years ago. The Hawk's gone now, but that Buell could come live here. :s0155:
If memory serves, and you had the right sprockets, that single-speed Briggs & Stratton (or Tecumseh) with a centrifugal clutch was a damn sight faster on level ground than the Mini-Trail. Not so much going uphill.

Peter Fonda filmed Easy Rider in 1969 because he wanted to be like this badass stud.

View attachment 1104418
No doubt about the top speed. The Mini Trail would have won a short drag race and would have stomped the mini bike in the trails, but I tweaked the governor on the Subaru Robin 4 horse on the mini and it would fly! I bought it because I had/have such fond memories of a yellow Monkey Wards (or maybe Sears) mini my friends had. My folks wouldn't let me have one back then. You were lucky!

Dude! That thing had just come out (96?) and I was having a hard time between a black one and a yellow Triumph Daytona 1200. I think the Buell would have won my heart, but I bought a 5.0 Mustang convertible instead and kept the Honda Hawk GT I posted here years ago. The Hawk's gone now, but that Buell could come live here. :s0155:

No doubt about the top speed. The Mini Trail would have won a short drag race and would have stomped the mini bike in the trails, but I tweaked the governor on the Subaru Robin 4 horse on the mini and it would fly! I bought it because I had/have such fond memories of a yellow Monkey Wards (or maybe Sears) mini my friends had. My folks wouldn't let me have one back then. You were lucky!
Buddy of mine bought a brand new Buell S-1 back in the day, I think his was the first one the dealer ever saw, and he paid way too much for it, but DAMN, what a sexy bike, and he let me take it for rip! I swore some day I would get one my self! Life and other bikes came along, mostly Triumphs, a Bonny, a Thruxton, the Speed Triple, as well as an odd ball Bandit 400, but, I always kept my peepers out for a S-1 and this one popped up, less then 8,000 miles and completely stock, was a female rider who took extra good care of it, and it really shows!
I tried the X-1, the XB, and such, but none were as nice as the original S-1's were!
Got a few plans for this one, new Exhaust, new wheels, and tires, convert to chain drive, and have a new seat done up in the gel padding with shark skin like fabric! May do some custom paint, but otherwise, leaving it stock!

Had a Bandit 1200. Loved the power but the suspension SUCKED, especially compared to my Gold Valved, Works shocked Hawk. That's what made the Bandit go away.
Have fun with that Buell. Sexy it is.

...My folks wouldn't let me have one back then. You were lucky!
I had paper routes ever since I was 11. Bought my own Schwinn Sting Ray, then a Varsity 10-speed, two minibikes and a motorcycle (the Kawasaki before I had a permit). The "parental plan" was that I would just cruise the minibike back and forth across a 200' blacktop strip next to the street at the top of our driveway. That lasted a day. I was in the wind with Steppenwolf tunes bouncing around in in my beady little brain.

Boys on bicycles with paper routes. Boy, those WERE the days. I only had one for one summer, then we moved to this side of the state. Just one tiny reason why I wish we'd never come here.

I had paper routes ever since I was 11. Bought my own Schwinn Sting Ray, then a Varsity 10-speed, two minibikes and a motorcycle (the Kawasaki before I had a permit). The "parental plan" was that I would just cruise the minibike back and forth across a 200' blacktop strip next to the street at the top of our driveway. That lasted a day. I was in the wind with Steppenwolf tunes bouncing around in in my beady little brain.
Your childhood sounds a lot like mine... paper routes, Schwinn 5-speed Stingray (w/gold glitter metallic paint and banana seat w/sissy bar), then a Raleigh Super Course Mk II 10-speed, Moto-guzzi minibike, Steppenwolf... The real motorcycles and first car came after I moved out of the house at 18...

Good times... good times...

Found a few pics.
This is my 2006 CRF250X. Two things I don't care for on this bike. The engine sounds like a thrashing machine unless you turn it up and it could lose an inch or so out of the 37" seat height. My legs ain't that long!
CRF250X.jpg
And the one the kid rides. 2004 CRF230F. This one's like that old, comfortable pair of slippers. A very easy to ride and very capable trail bike.
IMG_20171015_174451376_HDR.jpg
And this dinosaur, too, which I sold a couple of years ago after it had just sat in the garage for far too long. 1973 SC500. I bought it from the original owner and had some fun with it. I bought this because it's from the vintage when I really got interested in dirt bikes.
My SC.jpg

Every year the wife and I meet up with a group and ride in the Bridgeport Ca. area. We usually leave the Carson Valley Nv. area, head out to Hwy 89, through Markleville, over Ebbetts Pass, down to Sonora, over Sonora Pass (my favorite) then on into Bridgeport where we all meet at Virginia Creek Lodge. 3 days or riding and hangin out with some good folks.

5062.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads