JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
are you invovled with OMRRA/WMMRA - I might know you.
No... not connected to racing but have a friend I see monthly who comes through town, a former ama national winner. He is friends with Eddie Lawson so I get the update one what he and Roberts are up to now. They live in AZ now. It's very interesting to hear stories nobody else knows.

No... not connected to racing but have a friend I see monthly who comes through town, a former ama national winner. He is friends with Eddie Lawson so I get the update one what he and Roberts are up to now. They live in AZ now. It's very interesting to hear stories nobody else knows.
dood - you're like royalty. grovel grovel grovel grovel.

dood - you're like royalty. grovel grovel grovel grovel.
I'm a nobody but I have a lot of stories. As a little kid we used to ride our bicycles over to the (Kel) Caruthers apt in El Cajon CA and they would give us English muffins. They had just moved to USA for good in about 72'. Don Vesco Yamaha was our local shop and I remember getting to sit in his streamliner that broke the land speed record. Just ten or so at the time.
When I bought my first RD like the one in the image I put down $800 or so at Vesco's and just made payments to the shop. I just rode off with the bike. No insurance, motorcycle lic. lol... I was just 17 at the time and my mom said I could not have a motorcycle but I bought it anyway and had to hide it at a friends house until I was 18. I put a Vesco Royale cafe kit and pipes, and 51K miles on it in 5 years. Don was a very nice guy... The local San Diego racers were Don Vesco, Don Emde, Cal Rayborn and the local track was Carlsbad Raceway. But just 90 miles north was Orange County International. Just a kid I remember Dave Aldana, Steve McLaughlin, Goerge Kerker and Gene Romero along with the San Diego guys as ACA and AFM club racing regulars. My bother was crushed when Cal was was killed in NZ in 73' Pat was just 17. And I was crushed when Pat was killed after crashing during the 77' Imola 200. Pat was just 21 yrs of age and I was 14. Pat Hennen's brother/mechanic Chip told me Pat Hennen was taken off his bike at the same spot the next year by the strong crosswind at Turnberello Curve. My brother was running in 3rd behind Roberts and Steve Baker and ahead of Agostini, Hansford, Takazumi and all the other greats of the time when he crashed. He died three day later in Bologna. Not far from where Nikki Hayden died.

Last Edited:
2004 GO-4 Interceptor. Titled as a Motorcycle, 4 cylinder 1000cc engine with auto transmission. I took the police governor off and could get about 73 mph on the highway. Absolutely terrifying on the highway. I built a 2" lift and put on big tires, chopped the fenders a bit, and did a steering wheel delete in favor of chopper handlebars. The look of fear in peoples eyes downtown as you are looking for parking is priceless!

20210412_234815.jpg 20210412_234846.jpg 20210412_234741.jpg

1975 Honda CB 360T and a 1970s Honda Trail 90. The 90 is the bike I learned to ride on as a kid. The Fox in the photo would come to visit us for food a few times a year. I once fed it a Salami and Swiss cheese sandwich in the dark at -10F after a 40 mile snowmobile ride to our cabin. It heard our generator running and came to say hello, scared the heck out of me!

20210413_000827.jpg 20210413_000759.jpg 20210413_000901.jpg

Me on a ride with some guys on dirt bikes and a few other GS's IIRC (it was 20+ years ago):

bridge out1.jpg

bridge out 21.jpg

That ride was the beginning of my learning that a 500 pound street bike did not make a good dirt bike, regardless of how many people tried to ride the GS off-road. Weight is the Great Satan off-road and no amount of suspension and tires will make up for that.

I just had my 2019 Triumph Scrambler XC delivered yesterday.

Somebody bought it new, put about $2k worth of accessories and 1288 miles on it, then traded it in. I snapped it up on the cheap!

Of course, the day after I take delivery, it's raining pitchforks and dog bubblegum, so I've been limited on seat time.

It's been 10 years since I've been on a bike, my last being an '06 Yamaha FZ1. This thing is intoxicating! The 21" front wheel is going to take some getting used to, it doesn't like to lay into corners like my past bikes.

Scrambler_Dash.jpg Scrambler_Left.jpg Scrambler_Right.jpg

I just had my 2019 Triumph Scrambler XC delivered yesterday.

Somebody bought it new, put about $2k worth of accessories and 1288 miles on it, then traded it in. I snapped it up on the cheap!

Of course, the day after I take delivery, it's raining pitchforks and dog bubblegum, so I've been limited on seat time.

It's been 10 years since I've been on a bike, my last being an '06 Yamaha FZ1. This thing is intoxicating! The 21" front wheel is going to take some getting used to, it doesn't like to lay into corners like my past bikes.

View attachment 899496View attachment 899497View attachment 899498
a friend of mind had one of these and I really liked it. I have many years on sportbikes. this isnt that, but it's pretty cool nonethless. one thing i remember on his bike is how good the front brakes felt. aftermarket stuff is insane on these too. you might not think it. my buddy did all kinds of do dads on his - very cool

good luck ride safe.

I am curious about the Honda Navi. I am new to motorcycles and scooters. I am looking for classes or advice. I guess this is just my most recent hobby.
I don't know what's required these days for a driver's license motorcycle endorsement, but I would certainly look into a motorcycle safety course to learn everything you can.

I'd already been riding for years last century when the military mandated that I take a course in order to keep my base access sticker. This was way before all new vehicles came factory equipped with distracting laptop-size infotainment displays on the dashboards.

Learned a lot in that class, and there's no telling if some tidbit of knowledge I acquired there might've kept me out of trouble at some point in the decades since.

These days in Oregon the rider has to do a course (Cycle Oregon?) where the instructor issues a certificate valid at DMV to add the motorcycle endorsement to the drivers license.

I am curious about the Honda Navi. I am new to motorcycles and scooters. I am looking for classes or advice. I guess this is just my most recent hobby.
You need to make a decision on your real ability level, what your going to be doing, and what you want out of it. Its easy to buy to much and to little bike. If my skill level was none and i didnt want to jump the hoops to get an endorsemet on my lic just to see if i liked it id buy a yamaha zuma or honda ruckus (50cc) no endorsement required and super fun. If your skill level is higher something in the 3-500 cc category like a drz400 or wr250x will let your skill grow and point you in the direction you really want to go be it dirt street dual sport adventure or track.

This was one of my favorites. Caused quite the stir when I'd ride it to the biker night at the Corner Saloon.
I got stupid, though, and had to have a Honda Mini Trail 50. Sold this after buying the Honda. Sold the Honda a year later and tried to find my mini-bike, but the trail went cold past the guy I sold it to. :(
Mini bike.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads