JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
2003 fjr1300, pic is what my bike used to looked like 84,000 miles ago.
I do stop short of saying that if god rode a motorcycle it would be an FJR1300, but I darn well bet you he'd have one in the shed.

Coming to America: 2003 Yamaha FJR1300 « MotorcycleDaily.com – Motorcycle News, Editorials, Product Reviews and Bike Reviews

SPU had a pic of on in his last frame but that one is in the far slower, and obviously inferior, blue color.

I will admit publicly the GEN I FJR's are faster than the GEN II's, as when I have ridden with buddies on GEN I FJR's, it took me a hundred yards to catch up from a dead stop even when I anticipated the WOT moves.

BUT, the GEN II has antilock brakes that have saved my bacon. For example, when I was confronted with a tumbleweed while doing 138 mph on highway 50 in Nevada she stopped on a quarter (the baby does weigh a bit). Yes the 2005 GEN I had the option, but not the collectable but deadly commonly-painted-silver 2003 with the ugly bird's beak fender.

Combined with the custom front and rear racing suspension from GP Suspension in Portland, my bike rides on rails and a GEN I cannot possibly keep up in tight twisties with my suprior blue slice of heaven.

But Bug is quite correct, the FJR's are a wonderful mix of speed, agility, all-day comfort and style.

Oooo... imma play too. she's still in the mock up process. imma find time to work on her soon...

IMG_1906.jpg
IMG_1905.jpg
IMG_1904.jpg
IMG_1903.jpg

Oooo... imma play too. she's still in the mock up process. imma find time to work on her soon...

IMG_1903.jpg

Boy am I ever jelous of the room you have in your garage, I have to pull my golf extra golf bag out just to extract my bike, it's that darn wife of mine she insists on wasting the garage by parking her car in there, where do you suppose she ever get such a retarded idea!

I will admit publicly the GEN I FJR's are faster than the GEN II's, as when I have ridden with buddies on GEN I FJR's, it took me a hundred yards to catch up from a dead stop even when I anticipated the WOT moves....

I pride myself and being so in touch with my ride that I don't need any stinkin anti locks. However last winter I lost any feedback from my bike while trying to make a panic stop. It wasn't the road, or the stop, it was the giant gravel hauling truck in the lane to my right that was making the same fast stop. The driver of the truck had managed to lock most of the too big to be real tires and between the stinking smoke, the shuddering of the road, the awful screetch that penetrated my ear plugs, and the gravel showered all over me, I just couldn't manage to get much of a message from my bike. I stopped without incident and in time, and that is more than I can say for the truck that ran right into the stopped car. I did manage to see the driver of the stopped car run away from the smash up and in time, so I guess he was equally in awe of the death truck.

Say, I missed getting the valves set 60,000 miles ago, ya think i should bother with it now, lol.

I'm a certified motorcycle nut... Not including ATV's, below is the current crop...

My "normal" bike; '05 Busa. Bought it new. I've got 18K on it now, just don't get to ride nearly as often as I'd like.
DSC7212-XL.jpg
1981 Yamaha Seca 550. Bought this one new as well..
81seca.jpg
1978 Honda Hawk. Had this one for 20 or so years. It's got 5000 miles on the clock.
000_0149.jpg
My current restoration project; 1971 Honda SL350. 3300 miles

The next project; 1972 Honda SL 350

The badazz of the bunch; 1969 Honda Minitrail Z50 K1;
100_3948.jpg

My current restoration project; 1971 Honda SL350. 3300 miles

The next project; 1972 Honda SL 350

100_3948.jpg [/QUOTE]

love the sl's mjn! trail looks good too!

Boy am I ever jelous of the room you have in your garage, I have to pull my golf extra golf bag out just to extract my bike, it's that darn wife of mine she insists on wasting the garage by parking her car in there, where do you suppose she ever get such a retarded idea!

you call that room? when i got the place, two car garage was a must, but now im thinking a detached, high ceiling shop is what i need.

1975 Yamaha XS650. Pretty stock except for bars, mirrors, pipes, and front/rear suspension upgrades.

There are certainly newer, slicker, faster bikes - everywhere. Older bikes are just more interesting to me (though I lack the hardcore commitment or mechanical skills to ride the sexy Brit and Italian bikes I drooled over back in the 60's).

Thinking about having the top pulled off for new pistons, gaskets, etc. Freshen it up for 36 more years. Prices and attitudes fluctuate widely among the Portland area shops I've explored so far. Open to recommendations if you've had work done on your own older bikes. Thanks in advance!

Ready.jpg

1975 Yamaha XS650. Bone stock except the mufflers, lower bars and euro mirrors.

There are certainly newer, slicker, faster bikes - everywhere. Older bikes are just more interesting to me (though I lack the hardcore commitment or mechanical skills to ride the sexy Brit and Italian bikes I drooled over back in the 60's).

Thinking about having the top pulled off for fresh pistons, gaskets, etc. Freshen it up for 36 more years. Prices and attitudes fluctuate widely among the Portland area shops I've explored so far. Open to recommendations if you've had work done on your own older bikes. Thanks in advance!

TX650left.jpg

get a good factory manual and a good set of sockets. mikesxs.com is a great source for stock and go fast parts.
or ride it by fastbikes inc by grand central and talk to the guys over there and see what they can do for you. seem like real good guys

I'm a certified motorcycle nut... Not including ATV's, below is the current crop...

1981 Yamaha Seca 550. Bought this one new as well..
81seca.jpg
100_3948.jpg

I had a black Seca 550 and I loved that bike. Also had a 77 Z50A which while very cool, not as cool as the early hardtail bikes like your's. I see the seat's in the tall position. I guess it's not for the kiddies!
These are the only 2 I have left at the moment.
My 1988 Honda Hawk GT. This is an old picture when it was sporting a Two Brothers fairing. It's back to the naked form now.
crapnstufffromalltrans496.jpg
And my 1973 Yamaha SC500. I've owned it for 7 years now. I bought it from the original owner and have the old green print Oregon title for it. Someday I will restore it, but for now I enjoy the occasional poker run with it.
crapnstufffromalltrans448.jpg

hey if your into parts ive got a sporty narrow glide front end with brake wheel tire and tripple trees stock length and ill be going over to the coast in sept i would trade for a gun if your into it .. by the way nice looking project scooters youve got check out my panhead in this forum
One of the ones I built:

DSCN0131.jpg
DSCN01330.jpg
DSCN0308.jpg
DSCN0309.jpg

Unfortunately I never got a photo of it with the seat on it before I sold it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top