JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have two questions...What body of water is behind the bike in the second pic? And...Is that a Duracoat paint job on the Siaga? Looks great :s0155:

The body of water is the Puget Sound and is in the parking lot of a local park in the city of Tillicoom, WA. This is area for scuba diving is like a reverse toilet bowl flush during either tidal exchange.

The Saiga with the folding stock is duracoated a "MULTI-CAMouflaged" pattern and shoots great! The Duracoat goes on a little thick around the bolt carrier group but once broken in (again) it does fine. That Saiga is a Tromix conversion from early 2007.

SF-

Silver Fox, can you tour all day for several days in a row comfortably on that, in that riding position? I can't, but I am
getting older, LOL. :)

Several days in a row??? :s0114: Yeah like I can get away from the house long enough to find out. It isn't as bad as you think and it is large bike, but the seat has got to be replaced (more than 4 hours on it and you want to shoot it.... and I just might once I get a new one).

Longest ride I have been on with it has been up and over Mt Rainier Nat'l Forrest down into Naches for gas and then up and over 410 to the back side of Puyallup. Great ride.

150 mph is like third gear. I can do 82 in 1st before I "have to" shift.

I rode with a local club of all military "cruisers" up to Anacortes, WA for the Pearl Run and I was the only sport bike. Those guys where crying that I had nitros (all stock motor, mind you) when on I-5. Hit the back roads on the island and these guys where killing me. Top speed once they gathered all there members was like 40. Going through deception pass was like 25. We got to our location in Anacortes and I had these bikers apologizing to me for going so slow. Several wanted to trade rides on the way home.

SF-

Several days in a row??? :s0114: Yeah like I can get away from the house long enough to find out. It isn't as bad as you think and it is large bike, but the seat has got to be replaced (more than 4 hours on it and you want to shoot it.... and I just might once I get a new one).

Longest ride I have been on with it has been up and over Mt Rainier Nat'l Forrest down into Naches for gas and then up and over 410 to the back side of Puyallup. Great ride.

I rode with a local club of all military "cruisers" up to Anacortes, WA for the Pearl Run and I was the only sport bike. Those guys where crying that I had nitros (all stock motor, mind you) when on I-5. Hit the back roads on the island and these guys where killing me. Top speed once they gathered all there members was like 40. Going through deception pass was like 25. We got to our location in Anacortes and I had these bikers apologizing to me for going so slow. Several wanted to trade rides on the way home.

SF-

SF, riding a bike is like shooting a gun. There are a lot of techniques you can learn, and practice makes, well, better. When you are smooth and practiced you can do surprising things.

I have some news for all of your saddle sore buds who wanted to trade rides with you. What's the old saying? Something like "Old age and treachery will overcome youth and enthusiasm every time?" :D

Please take a hard look at this vid. This is an old man on an 80 inch EVO Wide Glide Harley kicking tail on a BMW 1200R with a kid on it.

Notice two things please. Notice how smooth the Harley (in the lead) is. Effortless. Next notice that the only way the kid with twice the HP and better suspension can stay with him is by using raw acceleration on the straights.

On the curves where experience and smoothness and skill matters, the old man runs away from the kid.

This video shows a climb of 5,000 feet where raw power really matters, normally. Enjoy. :s0155:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiOFubM8YB0

SF, riding a bike is like shooting a gun. There are a lot of techniques you can learn, and practice makes, well, better. When you are smooth and practiced you can do surprising things.

I have some news for all of your saddle sore buds who wanted to trade rides with you. What's the old saying? Something like "Old age and treachery will overcome youth and enthusiasm every time?" :D

Yeah.... like I am 19 :s0114::s0112::s0114::s0112: I am standing on the front porch of 40, knocking on the door and yelling, "I am home"

I am not saying the hayabusa is the end of all of bikes... It took Kawasaki 9 years to build a bike that would keep up and pass the busa (of course 'Uki had Gen II Busa waiting... and the arms race continues) and in all my years of riding I have learned it isn't the ride it is the pilot, but if you are riding the worlds fastest production motorcycle as noted by the Guinness Book of world records, it sure helps.

I love going to the Motorcycle Rodeo's and watching the guys on Goldwings run circles around the little sport bikes... literally the Goldwings stay in a circle of about 12'. The spiky haired kids just seem to disappear fast.

I have been riding since '87 but legally endorsed since 1990 (Still give thanks to the Oregon State Trooper who gave me a week to get endorsed and return my license to him) and I feel like I am still learning. I don't do any of the crazy kid stuff. I just enjoy myself.

This summer I want to go tour the oregon coast (motel 6 style) and then cross on over to 97 and head home that way. Maybe there is an extended stay in Southern Oregon for a day or two??

SF-

Yeah.... like I am 19 :s0114::s0112::s0114::s0112: I am standing on the front porch of 40, knocking on the door and yelling, "I am home"

I am not saying the hayabusa is the end of all of bikes... It took Kawasaki 9 years to build a bike that would keep up and pass the busa (of course 'Uki had Gen II Busa waiting... and the arms race continues) and in all my years of riding I have learned it isn't the ride it is the pilot, but if you are riding the worlds fastest production motorcycle as noted by the Guinness Book of world records, it sure helps.

I love going to the Motorcycle Rodeo's and watching the guys on Goldwings run circles around the little sport bikes... literally the Goldwings stay in a circle of about 12'. The spiky haired kids just seem to disappear fast.

I have been riding since '87 but legally endorsed since 1990 (Still give thanks to the Oregon State Trooper who gave me a week to get endorsed and return my license to him) and I feel like I am still learning. I don't do any of the crazy kid stuff. I just enjoy myself.

This summer I want to go tour the oregon coast (motel 6 style) and then cross on over to 97 and head home that way. Maybe there is an extended stay in Southern Oregon for a day or two??

SF-

If you're getting down this way be sure to give a holler. :s0155:

Going 100 mph on a straightaway isn't riding. This is riding:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUKcL9iiJgU&feature=related

SF-

In 1995 I rode my Kawasaki ZX-7r To Monteray California for the World Superbike race and back. I went ALL the way down the Oregon coast to Brookings and south to Frisco. Coming home I went east to I-5 and north all the way home. HUGE bug storm through Sacramento!

Going 100 mph on a straightaway isn't riding. This is riding:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUKcL9iiJgU&feature=related

Some might say that THIS is actually riding:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G31ARrWLJQ4

Anyway, finally bought a bike yesterday - a mildly customized '78 Suzuki GS550. Haven't had a chance to take my own pics yet... here are the teeny ones from the Craigslist ad...

816738718_rwrrq-O.png 816738692_8SYaP-O.png

SF-

What is the top speed you have gone? A few years ago I had a 1995 Kawasaki ZX-7 superbike pushing 152 horses at the rear wheel and the bike's dry wieght was 375 lbs. Down the straight at Spokane raceway park, I topped out at 183mph. It was the most violent ride I have ever experienced. The bike was way too much power for me to ride it like it should have been ridin. So I sold that bike and bought a 01 GSXR 600. It only tops out at about a buck forty.

Nice busa!! One of these days I will be trading in the z1000 for either one of those or a zx14 at 6'3 I'm a bit tall for the z and love the feel of the bigger bikes. I am actually finishing up a custom paint job on a busa right now!

SF-

Hey SF,

You never DID explain to us (in another thread) how that corpulent woman in a Prius managed to get in front of you in the left lane while you were on the 'busa a while back... her accelerator must have been stuck! :s0112: :s0155:

Hey SF,

You never DID explain to us (in another thread) how that corpulent woman in a Prius managed to get in front of you in the left lane while you were on the 'busa a while back... her accelerator must have been stuck! :s0112: :s0155:

Well, if you listen to the MSM, any Prius with a stuck gas pedal is faster than any Hayabusa. :D

Did you know that neither the Prius nor the Hayabusa has brakes or ignition switches or a neutral gear? If they want to take off on their own, you're in for a ride. :D

Hey SF,

Well officer it went like this... I was minding my own business in the left lane maintaing a speed of about 64.5 mph. There must have been about six car lengths between me and the car in front of me... the whole world was at peace for a moment and every car on the road was in there own zen. Out of no where this evil and treacherous Prius comes up behind me in the middle lane (this was before all the Toyota hype) and halted its passing spree as soon as it passed me and (I wouldn't say cut me off, but it would have made you second guess yourself had you seen it) merged into my lane without turn signals and without concern for safety of other drivers on the road.

I, being the law abiding citizen of these United States and an upstanding citizen within the border of the state of Washington (Parsons you keep quiet), I engaged my turn signal to merge into the middle lane and still thinking happy thoughts and how wonderful this world is and singing Kumbaya to myself, I merged and slowly speed up to pass this four wheeled cage of **** and fury. I was about parallel with the passenger window when the demon driver from hades headed back to Evergreen State College (Hippie headquarters of WA) turned and fired laser beams from her...... eyes... yeah that's it... her eyes! I had to back off fast going into survival mode. With my heart racing with fear and my fingers gripping the bars as though they were the last hopes of humanity that I will ever see, I had started to devise a plan. I had heard that the Hayabusa when called upon the Gods can go in excess of 64.5 mph.

Can this be true? Is it really possible that such a feat could be achieved by a mere mortal such as myself? I had to know... I had to try... I had to live another day... for another beer... for the unfired FAL sitting in my safe. I had to do this. So I called out from under my DOT approved Shoei X 11 helmet and offered 25 black hairs on my head (trust me... for me that is a lot!) if they would bestow upon me the knowledge and skill to pass this so-called eco-friendly four wheels of traveling death. Then as if struck by a nail of lightening pounded by the hammer of Thor, it came to me... pull in the clutch... yes I had heard correclty... the Gods are speaking to me... down shift into third gear... quickly merge into the middle lane before Satans bride has time to react... twist the throttle back and release the clutch.

The world stopped.

A billion thoughts were suspended in time.

Gravity took a sabbatical.

All molecules in the known universe, far and wide had left the office for a free pastry at Starbucks.

The Hayabusa came to life. It was stretching itself awake as large cat would on a lazy August afternoon on the flat lands of Africa casually eyeing its future prey.

I was speeding up and then... the Prius that had once threatened my life was a bleak form in Pig Spotter II's. The motor was purring as I shifted into fourth gear without even a glitch or sign that it was even being pushed. Passing those innocent cars of average everyday tax paying law abiding citizens I continued my decent into the abyss of unholy speed.

I shifted into fifth and it felt as though the Hayabusa had been asleep its entire life was thanking me for waking it up from an overextended hibernation. I thought of letting off the throttle when I can hear cries of pain, horror and death coming from behind me and over the purr of the dual pipes. She was back there destroying all in her path out of vengeance for me. I knew I couldn't turn around and had to focus all my attention on the road in front of me. Then as though the angels had lighten up the exit 111 off ramp with all their glory I knew then and only then I was safe.

So I rode to Cabelas and had a venison burger.

All was good in the universe, but I know one day the Prius and I will meet again.

True story.

SF-

Well officer it went like this... I was minding my own business in the left lane maintaing a speed of about 64.5 mph. There must have been about six car lengths between me and the car in front of me... the whole world was at peace for a moment and every car on the road was in there own zen. Out of no where this evil and treacherous Prius comes up behind me in the middle lane (this was before all the Toyota hype) and halted its passing spree as soon as it passed me and (I wouldn't say cut me off, but it would have made you second guess yourself had you seen it) merged into my lane without turn signals and without concern for safety of other drivers on the road.

I, being the law abiding citizen of these United States and an upstanding citizen within the border of the state of Washington (Parsons you keep quiet), I engaged my turn signal to merge into the middle lane and still thinking happy thoughts and how wonderful this world is and singing Kumbaya to myself, I merged and slowly speed up to pass this four wheeled cage of **** and fury. I was about parallel with the passenger window when the demon driver from hades headed back to Evergreen State College (Hippie headquarters of WA) turned and fired laser beams from her...... eyes... yeah that's it... her eyes! I had to back off fast going into survival mode. With my heart racing with fear and my fingers gripping the bars as though they were the last hopes of humanity that I will ever see, I had started to devise a plan. I had heard that the Hayabusa when called upon the Gods can go in excess of 64.5 mph.

Can this be true? Is it really possible that such a feat could be achieved by a mere mortal such as myself? I had to know... I had to try... I had to live another day... for another beer... for the unfired FAL sitting in my safe. I had to do this. So I called out from under my DOT approved Shoei X 11 helmet and offered 25 black hairs on my head (trust me... for me that is a lot!) if they would bestow upon me the knowledge and skill to pass this so-called eco-friendly four wheels of traveling death. Then as if struck by a nail of lightening pounded by the hammer of Thor, it came to me... pull in the clutch... yes I had heard correclty... the Gods are speaking to me... down shift into third gear... quickly merge into the middle lane before Satans bride has time to react... twist the throttle back and release the clutch.

The world stopped.

All molecules in the known universe, far and wide had left the office for a free pastry at Starbucks.

The Hayabusa came to life. It was stretching itself awake as large cat would on a lazy August afternoon on the flat lands of Africa casually eyeing its future prey.

I was speeding up and then... the Prius that had once threatened my life was a bleak form in Pig Spotter II's. The motor was purring as I shifted into fourth gear without even a glitch or sign that it was even being pushed. Passing those innocent cars of average everyday tax paying law abiding citizens I continued my decent into the abyss of unholy speed.

I shifted into fifth and it felt as though the Hayabusa had been asleep its entire life was thanking me for waking it up from an overextended hibernation. I thought of letting off the throttle when I can hear cries of pain, horror and death coming from behind me and over the purr of the dual pipes. She was back there destroying all in her path out of vengeance for me. I knew I couldn't turn around and had to focus all my attention on the road in front of me. Then as though the angels had lighten up the exit 111 off ramp with all their glory I knew then and only then I was safe.

All was good in the universe, but I know one day the Prius and I will meet again.

True story.

SF-

Bravo, Bravo........I nominate you for the best screen play. :s0155:

The world stopped.

True story.

SF-

:s0112::s0112::s0112::s0112:

Dude... that RULES!! :D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show