JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
91090760_cHRiy-L.jpg

Ok Ill play,

What we have here is a 1970 Triumph Bonneville with rare aluminum tank, front fairing and cafe setup.... My uncle is Ken "Jomo" Ward of Triumph cam fame. This thing has been in the family for years... Have a spare set of TT pipes, and another seat for it (pictured)... It runs well, only issue is that the petcock in the tank leaks from sitting for so long. Its for sale if anyyones interested (This is not a for sale post.. I saw the Norton mentioned and decided to play :O) )

Spike-0270.jpg
Spike-0267.jpg
Spike-0272.jpg
Spike-0274.jpg
Spike-0278.jpg

How much? :)

Good gawd almighty -

Its been so long I forgot I was in the moto side of the NW.

Spring is here, and the bears are coming out!

I have to balance the moto itch against death by wife.............

isher

WTH is that? It's a hard tail panhead and I'm jealous. That's all I know. :D

I was passing thru New Mexico in the late 70s and some hippy chick wanted to take a photo... I stuck around a few days and she made me a copy before I left.

Heavily modified Lowe frame, '63 outside oiler conversion with 88" S&S stroker kit, SU eliminator carb, open 3" belt drive, Hunt mag, no battery, Fox 44mm forks, Honda hubs... some misc. helicopter parts, and a bunch of stuff that I made.

Cheers,
C

I was passing thru New Mexico in the late 70s and some hippy chick wanted to take a photo... I stuck around a few days and she made me a copy before I left.

Heavily modified Lowe frame, '63 outside oiler conversion with 88" S&S stroker kit, SU eliminator carb, open 3" belt drive, Hunt mag, no battery, Fox 44mm forks, Honda hubs... some misc. helicopter parts, and a bunch of stuff that I made.

Cheers,
C

Nice!

Well at least I don't feel so bad about not being able to put a positive ID on it. That frame threw me. :) I got as much right as is left of the original.

That's Nice. :s0155:

Nice!

Well at least I don't feel so bad about not being able to put a positive ID on it. That frame threw me. :) I got as much right as is left of the original.

That's Nice. :s0155:

Don't feel too bad Gunner... back then, customs were built from what you could scrounge, buy, beg, borrow and steal. Honda parts, VW parts, heli parts, dirtbike parts and DIY parts were all in the mix.
The motor was a blend of early Shovel, assorted years of Pan, a tiny bit of Knucklehead... and what little there was of aftermarket.

That particular bike was on the cover of a now defunct chopper magazine... don't even remember the name of it. The naked chick they used for the article shoot was an Israeli model with a French accent... and a really douchy attitude. Fun fun fun. :s0112:

Now I ride dirt bikes... and try not to look back with excess nostalgia.

Cheers,
C

Don't feel too bad Gunner... back then, customs were built from what you could scrounge, buy, beg, borrow and steal. Honda parts, VW parts, heli parts, dirtbike parts and DIY parts were all in the mix.
The motor was a blend of early Shovel, assorted years of Pan, a tiny bit of Knucklehead... and what little there was of aftermarket.

That particular bike was on the cover of a now defunct chopper magazine... don't even remember the name of it. The naked chick they used for the article shoot was an Israeli model with a French accent... and a really douchy attitude. Fun fun fun. :s0112:

Cheers,
C

Is that the kick starter just behind the rear push rod tube, about half way up?

And it had no battery, so did it just run off a magneto, or ???

Cheers,
C

That pic has so much win and awesome in it Chuck Norris is jealous and wants to kick your ***.

Is that the kick starter just behind the rear push rod tube, about half way up?

And it had no battery, so did it just run off a magneto, or ???

Yeah... that was a rubber "ice cream bar" kicker pedal. Dangerous as **** with wet cowboy boots. :p

Joe Hunt magneto for the spark. There was a 12V HD generator that ran to an early Action Choppers electronic regulator/capacitor/heat sink kinda deal, which ran to a main fuse, then 12V was distributed from the dash switch.
No lights until the bike was running though.

Cheers,
C

That pic has so much win and awesome in it Chuck Norris is jealous and wants to kick your ***.

He isn't as jealous as I am, but I'll let him do the azz kicking. :D

Man, look at the fishtail ends on the exhaust, the old springer seat, the hard tail frame (no rear suspension,) the semi-chopped front with what we now call X type front wheel but drum brakes, the chopped or "borrowed" bars... the list goes on and on.

Those panheads had a sound all their own, too. It has no mufflers either - just straight pipes with fishtail ends. :D

I'd be happy to build you one just like it for a... large canoe-load of cash. :winkkiss:

You've got me thinking about building one myself. :s0155:

I have about $25k in that turquoise Heritage Classic pictured above, with all the extras you can see plus engine mods including S&S 510 gear drive cams.

I promise you that in addition to the kick starter, it would have electric start and a battery though. I'm not
18 any more. :D

DSC00147.jpg

I promise you that in addition to the kick starter, it would have electric start and a battery though. I'm not
18 any more. :D

What... you don't like hyper-extended kneecaps? :D

A little, light weight, bare bones "B to B" bike with a basic juice starter would add a few lbs, but it'd still be pretty light and a hoot to ride.
The white bike, as I recall from a Oklahoma interstate truck stop scale, weighed in at just a tad over 400 lbs... with some gas and oil.

You don't know just how big and heavy the modern bikes are until you park one next to an older bike. Even a late cone motor Shovel or early EVO seems large sitting next to a stock '59 FL.
Late 90s thru to current Twin Cams... you could hide a '60s bagger behind one. Even XLs are large by comparison. :winkkiss:

I guess convenience and practicality walk hand in hand with size and weight eh?

Cheers,
C

What... you don't like hyper-extended kneecaps? :D

A little, light weight, bare bones "B to B" bike with a basic juice starter would add a few lbs, but it'd still be pretty light and a hoot to ride.
The white bike, as I recall from a Oklahoma interstate truck stop scale, weighed in at just a tad over 400 lbs... with some gas and oil.

You don't know just how big and heavy the modern bikes are until you park one next to an older bike. Even a late cone motor Shovel or early EVO seems large sitting next to a stock '59 FL.
Late 90s thru to current Twin Cams... you could hide a '60s bagger behind one. Even XLs are large by comparison. :winkkiss:

I guess convenience and practicality walk hand in hand with size and weight eh?

Cheers,
C

Well the newer bikes ride really nice and weight and suspension components have a part in that. I think the Softail Deuce I sold weighed about 650, and that Heritage tips the scales at more like 750 with accessories and fuel. But if you put 500 miles on it in a day, you won't complain, LOL. Heck, I paid $750 just for that Mustang seat to get rid of the rock hard Harley seat and the associated bruised inner thighs. Seats can be narrow and hard, or wide and soft, but Harley makes them wide and hard.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top