JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
6.InterlakeMountainMenRendezvous.PistolsandHandguns.1959.JPG
A Colt 2nd Generation Dragoon ...
And a Colt 1851 Navy from 1863...
Not shown , I also have a Colt 1860 Army from 1868.
Andy

wc35FMQ.jpg
2nd generation 1851 Navy (top) and 1860 Army (bottom)

iaKNY6s.jpg
Model 1877 DA 38 Lightning

DSC07667_zpse0819867.jpg
1901 New Army (military issue). The inadequacy of the 38 Long Colt cartridge used by these revolvers in the Philippines led to the adoption of the Model of 1911 and the .45 ACP cartridge by the US military.

102a_zpsx6gombgr.jpg
1901 New Army (civilian issue)

DSC04314.jpg
Model of 1917 .45 ACP

DSC05704.jpg
1920 Police Positive Target .22 LR

t4sQpzO.jpg
1929 Official Police .38 Special

DSC_1312a_zps2n1mu2kk.jpg
1930 Police Positive Special 5" (top) and 1928 Police Positive Special 4" (bottom) .38 Special

3nDfNXW.jpg
Colt Commando with rare original 2" barrel. The Colt Commando is a lower cost martial version of the Colt Official Police that was made during World War II. According to Pate's U.S. Handguns of World War II: The Secondary Pistols and Revolvers around 32,000 Colt Commandos were procured by the Defense Supplies Corporation (DSC) and used by police and factory guards. An additional 16,263 were supplied to the military.

Most Colt Commandos had 4" barrels but 3,450 Commandos with 2" barrels were shipped to the military. Almost all of the original 2" barrel Colt Commandos were shipped to the military. There were very few shipments of 2" barrel Commandos to civilian destinations, and most were late in the war.

Factory records show that most 2" barrel Commandos were shipped to the Port Trans. Officer, Oakland, CA for military intelligence and the rest went to the Army Counter Intelligence Corps (CIC) in Baltimore, MD.

The original 2" barrel Colt Commandos have a rounded front sight and the barrels are stamped "COLT'S PT. F.A. MFG. CO. HARTFORD, CONN U.S.A.". After the war several thousand 4" barrel Commandos were converted to 2" barrels. The converted revolvers have ramped front sights and Connecticut is abbreviated "CT" instead of "CONN"

DSC_1043a (Large).JPG
1975 Detective Special third series .38 Special

Last Edited:
All I have is a Colt Trooper .357 that has seen better days cosmetically but really shoots great. The officer that owned it originally must have done some work on it because it does have a very smooth and like DA trigger and a hair trigger in SA.

Trooper1452.jpg

The first handgun I bought new was a 6" blue Trooper MK-V, it was too big to be of any personal use, I could not afford to buy a CCW and keep the Colt so I sold it. This is my contribution to this thread, Colt's "357 Magnum" 6" the forerunner to the Python. It's as smooth as silk and locks up like a "bank vault" as they say. As close as I will ever come to a Python.
IMG_5101.jpg
IMG_5102.jpg
IMG_5103.jpg

The first handgun I bought new was a 6" blue Trooper MK-V, it was too big to be of any personal use, I could not afford to buy a CCW and keep the Colt so I sold it. This is my contribution to this thread, Colt's "357 Magnum" 6" the forerunner to the Python. It's as smooth as silk and locks up like a "bank vault" as they say. As close as I will ever come to a Python.
View attachment 533614
View attachment 533615
View attachment 533616

That's a great gun.
I always wanted a Colt 357.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show