JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Adams AR308 Patrol Battle Rifle w/ Leupold VX-r 3x9 Patrol Scope
upload_2017-6-7_16-25-7.png
upload_2017-6-7_16-25-25.png
upload_2017-6-7_16-25-41.png

Last Edited:
Okay, enough kidding, mine is also an Adams Arms Short Frame Patrol Enhanced. Different furniture than @3MTA3. Scope is a Vortex Crossfire II 3-9x40:

View attachment 368765

View attachment 368766

View attachment 368767

View attachment 368768

View attachment 368769

I actually like your delta ring configuration a bit better, but mine strongly resembles my Adams piston AR builds so it doesn't attract unwanted spousal attention. Also, I added a Strike Industries enlarged latch to my charging handle to make it much easier to work around the scope - that's probably the only mechanical disadvantage of a shorter frame and bolt. I'm not a huge fan of Strike Industries stylized components, but this one is very good and works well.

Details, man, details! What's innit?

Spikes tacical matching upper and lower. Wilson chrome 1/10 twist barrel with a leupold scope. Anything past that and I will have to get back to you. NWCustom fire arms actually built it for me. I can't remember it all, hope that doesn't mean I am getting old:confused:

Oh the scope is actually going to go on my AR it just didn't have quite enough umph to it to get me out to the distances that I wanted it to being a 1-9x40

I actually like your delta ring configuration a bit better, but mine strongly resembles my Adams piston AR builds so it doesn't attract unwanted spousal attention. Also, I added a Strike Industries enlarged latch to my charging handle to make it much easier to work around the scope - that's probably the only mechanical disadvantage of a shorter frame and bolt. I'm not a huge fan of Strike Industries stylized components, but this one is very good and works well.

I think I may want to make a similar mod - really to any AR, the standard charging handle is a bit on the small side, I do like that extended latch.

I think I may want to make a similar mod - really to any AR, the standard charging handle is a bit on the small side, I do like that extended latch.

Not many aftermarket short frame charging handles (I think just Precision Reflex), so the mod was the best choice for me - I didn't see much difference between the $90 Precision reflex or the stock part with the $10 SI latch.
upload_2017-6-8_11-24-54.png

does an LR308 count?

IMG_3023.JPG

its a work in progress. just got a SAW sling for it and now i need a scope and i would like to change the handguard.

going deer hunting with it this year.

Armalite AR-10 A4 carbine
2 stage match Armalite trigger, Trijicon TA11H-308G scope with ranging out to 1200 meters. arma-right.JPG
Screen Shot 2017-06-10 at 7.18.53 PM.png

Last Edited:
Not many aftermarket short frame charging handles (I think just Precision Reflex), so the mod was the best choice for me - I didn't see much difference between the $90 Precision reflex or the stock part with the $10 SI latch.
View attachment 368776

When I placed an order for Precision Reflex for my Adams small frame 308, they informed me it would not work with the Adams small frame 308.

Let me ask, is this the Strike Industries latch you make reference to having on your Adams small frame 308, if so, I will heat up the plastic.
Products

When I placed an order for Precision Reflex for my Adams small frame 308, they informed me it would not work with the Adams small frame 308.

Let me ask, is this the Strike Industries latch you make reference to having on your Adams small frame 308, if so, I will heat up the plastic.
Products

Yes, this is an oversize latch that replaces the one on your factory charging handle:
Charging Handle Extended Latch - Products

You simply use a punch to remove the roll pin, remove the factory latch and spring, then replace with the strike Industries parts, making sure the roll pin goes in the correct way (it's tapered). Took about ten minutes and six were finding my hammer and punches, two reading the instructions, and three to do the swap. Easy peasy and ten bux plus shipping.

The SI charging latch is big enough to make getting my short stubby fingers access to quickly charge my AR308, but no so big as to be a nuisance.

Thanks, I tried the Wilson Combat latch on the factory Adams handle and it did not fit. DPMS has their handle on their 762 but its not avail at least for now to consumers.

What kind of accuracy of you seeing with the Adams? With what ammo?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top