JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am building a truly heinous one. Green receiver, chameleon barrel, stainless butler creek folding stock I used 1993-2010. It is amazing. Volquartsen trigger kit and a clear plastic buffer. I want to find blue anodized scope rings for it. Probably put a leupold scope on it. For the record, it is for my daughter to use.

View attachment 152381

Polished trigger parts, Volquartzen extractor, Green Mountain barrel (they will be doing their 12 days of Christmas sale on barrels soon), can't remember the name of the stock and I chamfered the bolt
I have always loved this style stock
but unfortunately, the thumbhole doesnt fit me right

I've found that I love the ergonomics of the Magpul Hunter X-22 (along with the adjustable butt plates and cheek piece)
mag548-blk_magpul_hunter_x-22_stock-ruger_10-22_01.jpg

No way to convert.

Tandemkross can help you spend some money.
Volquartsen can help you max out your Visa.

What parts are you looking for?
I really don't know. Its just a new toy to tinker with. I mainly want 22 to plink with and to hopefully get the family involved in shooting.

I really don't have the experience as a shooter to know what I prefer. I couldn't tell the difference in triggers or sights.

I just know 22lr is cheap and easy. Just the way I like it LOL

I really don't know. Its just a new toy to tinker with. I mainly want 22 to plink with and to hopefully get the family involved in shooting.

I really don't have the experience as a shooter to know what I prefer. I couldn't tell the difference in triggers or sights.

You can always appreciate a better trigger.

My advice would be to go shoot through a couple of bricks of 22 ammo with the 10/22 in its stock form. Then, reflect on your experience and see if you find yourself having thoughts like "I had a hard time acquiring the target with the iron sights," or "Groups could've been better if I had a more consistent trigger pull."

I used to go out and "upgrade" my firearms based off of internet suggestion, without even taking time to just shoot them as is. I ended up with a lot of useless stuff that didn't actually help my shooting or proficiency with the firearm.

Nowadays, I'll shoot at least 500 rounds out of any new firearm I get, and instead of "looking" for problems to upgrade, I let my shooting performance dictate whether or not any further changes (and investment) to the firearm are going to be beneficial.

My advice would be to go shoot through a couple of bricks of 22 ammo with the 10/22 in its stock form. Then, reflect on your experience and see if you find yourself having thoughts like "I had a hard time acquiring the target with the iron sights," or "Groups could've been better if I had a more consistent trigger pull."

I used to go out and "upgrade" my firearms based off of internet suggestion, without even taking time to just shoot them as is. I ended up with a lot of useless stuff that didn't actually help my shooting or proficiency with the firearm.

Nowadays, I'll shoot at least 500 rounds out of any new firearm I get, and instead of "looking" for problems to upgrade, I let my shooting performance dictate whether or not any further changes (and investment) to the firearm are going to be beneficial.
There are different eras of 10/22 triggers, the metal frame triggers are fine IMO, the BX trigger is fine. The plastic framed, not BX trigger, has not been very good IME.

My best 10/22 is close to, just a volquartsen at this point. (Trigger, barrel, and some miscelanii)

There are different eras of 10/22 triggers, the metal frame triggers are fine IMO, the BX trigger is fine. The plastic framed, not BX trigger, has not been very good IME.

My best 10/22 is close to, just a volquartsen at this point. (Trigger, barrel, and some miscelanii)
I agree 100% on this, I have a 10/22 with the metal frame trigger, and for the purposes I use the rifle, it is really a solid trigger!

Having shot a few 10/22s with the plastic trigger, however, those definitely would warrant an upgrade for me.

I agree 100% on this, I have a 10/22 with the metal frame trigger, and for the purposes I use the rifle, it is really a solid trigger!

Having shot a few 10/22s with the plastic trigger, however, those definitely would warrant an upgrade for me.
The BX is actually a pretty good, relatively low cost, upgrade on those, though IIRC, that trigger was standard issue on some newer ones. I have a few 10/22s.

Ruger 1022 with a 16.5 fluted Acculite aluminum bull barrel, sitting on the magpul x22 hunter stock with a nikon 3-9 scope...i love this rifle, this is my first 1022 build cant wait to throw in a trigger.

20230315_204001.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top