JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Picking one up on Sat. and going to try and restore it back to original look. Right now it has a polymer stock and the spike is missing. I thought it would be fun to see what everyone else has for an SKS. Show pics and details. All regions and variations can play!:s0155:

Picking one up on Sat. and going to try and restore it back to original look. Right now it has a polymer stock and the spike is missing. I thought it would be fun to see what everyone else has for an SKS. Show pics and details. All regions and variations can play!:s0155:
One typically starts one of these threads with a picture of what they have.....

The SKS series of Carbines are my favorite Warsaw Pact / Cold War era firearm.
Oh and by the way....
Anyone have a East German SKS , they would care to gift to a historian....:D
Looking forward to seeing the SKS pictures here...
Andy

1964 Type 56 Jianshe Arsenal /26\ with matching numbers. Reproduction sling.

SKS_4-9-20.jpg

The one I'm picking up is a Chinese SKS so, going to need to find an appropriate stock and spike bayonet. Also going to put a sling on it.

Arsenal 26, 1958 or 59, E4xx, all matching except stamped trigger, bought out of a crate covered in cosmoline in the 80's for 80 bucks. Shoots straight, fun gun. 20180609_142635.jpg

Ohhhh this thread is a Communist plot! :eek:

Kidding; should prove interesting. Though perhaps surprising, I even owned one back in the 90s for a spell. Remember the days when one could buy a Simonov rifle for around a c-note (give or take) and they practically gave away the ammo? I do ... well, kind of. And I just lost my train of thought again.

At one time I had one...
It followed me home from the Army...Now there is a truly epic and humorous tale to be told.
It was a Soviet made one from 1954.

I've owned several since then....all have been traded off...
Neat rifles for sure...Still think 'bout gettin' one and actually keeping it....:D
Andy

Chinese 26 1957 I believe

All originaland never shot.

Gifted to me after being cleaned up and the stock being refinished so it is something I cherish.

A92503DB-9259-43AB-B15F-B9039058CF64.jpeg

I have owned a Chinese 56 and Yugo as well and loved them but finances forced me to sell them.

Excellent rifles, I was never fond of anything but the stock 10 round mag and they never had any issues.

l bought an unfired Chinese from Jim Fox (Fox Grocery in Beaver - not Beaverton). l owned a dozen at one time. Started selling them when they hit $300+. l went through the AK phase and back with an SKS for good.

Arsenal 26, 1958 or 59, E4xx, all matching except stamped trigger, bought out of a crate covered in cosmoline in the 80's for 80 bucks. Shoots straight, fun gun.View attachment 681785
Yep I think everybody bought at least one of those back then. I remember $100 got you a rifle dripping in cosmo along with the wooden crate of ammo. Pay the 100 just to get another crate and run the first rifle till it broke, clean up another. Not sure how many are still in the attic and I aint getting them down for a pic.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top