JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a 1952 Tula I had my dad buy for me unfired in 1993 for $115. It is my first gun I took possession of. I bought my 10/22 first but Ca had a waiting period for the 10/22. The SKS was a c&r. Since I was 12, I had to get ammo inventively. While my dad would purchase ammo, if I asked and paid, I soon learned a Chinese restaurant's dishwasher would sell me ammo out of the back for cash, at a slight premium. My dad was working somewhere between 60-80 hours a week so if I wanted to go shooting with my best friend I had to get it. Mom and dad didn't care that I would always seem to be coming home with more ammo.

My SKS has been around for a long time now. I initially bought it because of the possibility of investment and I almost sold it a few years later for $1200. But by that time I had a sentimental attachment to it. Oddly mine has always had a truly exceptional trigger for an SKS. I have over the years owned 4 or 5 others.

I also used to love when n00bs to shooting would yell at me for calling it's clips, clips. I swear I would holler at my brother to toss me a clip and some moron would correct me and tell me it was a magazine, as a stripper clip would get tossed my way.

She is definitely a little worse for the wear, but has saved my bacon.

EF4D5754-554B-49AB-BF7F-A4E7D5BD4C01.jpeg

Last Edited:
1950 Tula refurb w/ early stepped trunnion/receiver. Square w/ slash on stock denotes GRAU Arsenal in Urkraine.

Purchased from NWFA forum member last year. Part of my 114 panic buying lol.

1706734825992.jpeg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top