JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I saw this on another forum and thought it would be fun to do it here and see what others had in their collections. I'm a newbie but, here's my Epiphone DR400MCE acoustic/electric and my Squire Affinity Series Telecaster w/Alder body and maple neck and fret board. So, if you play, lets see what ya got!

dUCzHqm.jpg
Ho2JgHB.jpg
9zJZ63x.jpg

Now ya gone and done it. This could take a while. Here's a bunch of 'em...

TULDLNd.jpg

oOrIiXu.jpg

fNKleOi.jpg

vBIcrMQ.jpg

9BVhtbP.jpg

I learned from previous experience to never take my guitars out on a boat. That's why I still have so many. :D

Had this solid-body resonator for 20 years or so, gold plating is a bit thin in spots now (patina?).
but otherwise not a flaw.
She's loud, clear and crisp.... even without the amp!
1566320262054.png

Last Edited:
Take a look at the First Act beginner guitar I have posted on this site. Great instrument to learn on for only $60 OBO and I will trade for a full size fiddle/violin.

Many of us here (and not just the guitarists) teeter with arms flailing on the thin high wire between collecting and hoarding.

Owned and played 50-60 guitars and basses over the decades. Biggest stash was 14-15 at one point. Gave some to my son (who now owns 20+), sold a few, and I'm down to 7-8. The Frankenstrat (with 11s and a humbucker) is by far the most versatile, surviving 400-500 auditions and practices, and probably 50-60 bar gigs around San Diego and Portland. Snapped this photo today. I should get some Pledge and wipe off the beer and sweat dribbles.

(Side note: If you're older like me - 1955 model - and live west of Beaverton/Hillsboro area, I need to jam with a singing acoustic guitarist. Drop me a PM.)

frankenstrat.jpg

1961701E-1F2F-4630-8817-C59042989631.jpeg

EDIT - Not remarkable on the surface, but there is a reason they are with me.

The red one started life as a MIM Fender Jazz. I received it in trade for a pedal I built. The decal had already been sanded.

Sanded the back of the neck and installed Schallers, as I have done to every guitar I have owned since 1986.

Hipshot D-Tuner, replaced all passive controls and knobs, Custom Wound Pickups from Granville Guitars in Sarasota, FL. She needs a Badass (actual company name) bridge to be complete.

Bought the Ibby new in '86. Rosewood shim under a HEAVY Kahler 5-string bridge. Stock licensed EMG passive pups w/the stock active Ibanez controls finally gave up after years of service and were replaced with much more versatile EMG controls .. independent volume controls, concentric tone controls (Bass/Treble and a sweepable mid for the other cluster). I actually got a little teary eyed when I got it back from surgery about 7-8 years ago. A true Swiss Army knife.

Last Edited:
Well OK then.................
I play lap steel guitar, sort of. I also build and rebuild them as a hobby.
I really like getting an old discarded instrument playing again.
I have a bunch but below are my 5 favorites for very different reasons.

1944 Electromuse. My first guitar rescue. It was a basket case and now sounds like it should.

0820191231_resized.jpg

1984 MARRS Catcan. Completely rebuilt. There are only two original parts on this guitar.
Did I mention I hate fingerprints?

0820191235_resized.jpg

Custom built guitar CNC'd from a 3/4 inch bar of 6061 aluminum.
Two pickups, blend knob, weighs 14 pounds.
Have I mentioned I hate fingerprints before?

0820191236_resized.jpg

And my favorite: A new Duesnberg Fairytale.
Ordered from builder in Germany. Took 8 months to get it here.
Worth every penny. Lots of pennies.

0820191237_resized.jpg

1939 Rickenbacher Silver Hawaiian. Repaired the electronics and sounds great.
I love it because it is the only thing in the house that is older than I am.
This is where my username comes from.
By the way, I hate fingerprints.

0820191240_resized.jpg

Thanks for looking.
Anyone have a spare polishing cloth?

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show