JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
M72 . Finished it today. I have reached my AK limit

KX8o3l.jpg

Range report: she's a hitter! 300 rounds, no malfunctions. The converted 5.45 mags ran like a top.

The bad: she is gassy with the suppressor 😂 probably worse than the AR is with the same can lol. I see a KNS in my near future

DDDA8EB3-BE90-48E0-8666-B468BC5AAE5C.jpeg

Same Pioneer 5.56 forged trunnion as before, but with a cleaner-looking AKM safety, "actual" bakelite grip, and 74-style brake. Not strictly necessary changes but more aesthetically pleasing.

7AF31FE4-4431-41F4-BAD7-AB688FD98A88.jpeg

Same Pioneer 5.56 forged trunnion as before, but with a cleaner-looking AKM safety, "actual" bakelite grip, and 74-style brake. Not strictly necessary changes but more aesthetically pleasing.

View attachment 1329343
I thought bout one of those and having both gas and front sight swapped with 74 ones but apparently swapping the gas block is quite a pain because holes don't line up.

Nice setup. You experience any of the overgassing issues people have been talking about? Also, the AK purist in me notices you need a cleaning rod in that SAM5 😁

Twins:

View attachment 1330410
Yup, she got a kns piston in there!
And the lack of cleaning rod is killing me but issue is my new K-USA Clone Russian 100 Series FSP won't fit it through. Hole is wayyyy too tiny. I think I need a russian 74 rod vs bulgy.

EDIT: As it turns out, the rods on the sam rifles are 5mm, usual rods youll find are 4.5mm.
762 or 545

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews