JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
M72 . Finished it today. I have reached my AK limit

KX8o3l.jpg

Range report: she's a hitter! 300 rounds, no malfunctions. The converted 5.45 mags ran like a top.

The bad: she is gassy with the suppressor 😂 probably worse than the AR is with the same can lol. I see a KNS in my near future

DDDA8EB3-BE90-48E0-8666-B468BC5AAE5C.jpeg

Same Pioneer 5.56 forged trunnion as before, but with a cleaner-looking AKM safety, "actual" bakelite grip, and 74-style brake. Not strictly necessary changes but more aesthetically pleasing.

7AF31FE4-4431-41F4-BAD7-AB688FD98A88.jpeg

Same Pioneer 5.56 forged trunnion as before, but with a cleaner-looking AKM safety, "actual" bakelite grip, and 74-style brake. Not strictly necessary changes but more aesthetically pleasing.

View attachment 1329343
I thought bout one of those and having both gas and front sight swapped with 74 ones but apparently swapping the gas block is quite a pain because holes don't line up.

Nice setup. You experience any of the overgassing issues people have been talking about? Also, the AK purist in me notices you need a cleaning rod in that SAM5 😁

Twins:

View attachment 1330410
Yup, she got a kns piston in there!
And the lack of cleaning rod is killing me but issue is my new K-USA Clone Russian 100 Series FSP won't fit it through. Hole is wayyyy too tiny. I think I need a russian 74 rod vs bulgy.

EDIT: As it turns out, the rods on the sam rifles are 5mm, usual rods youll find are 4.5mm.
762 or 545

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews