JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Have you had any overgassed issues with your SAM5? There has been many sent into Arsenal for overgassing issues causing the internals smashing themselves to death. There is a long thread on the AK Files about it.
Yes but it was quickly resolved with a kns piston. So far the wear hasn't continued and looks the same.

Yes but it was quickly resolved with a kns piston. So far the wear hasn't continued and looks the same.
Good, thats the route I would take also. I have an Arsenal SA M-5 built in 2001 in Las Vegas by Arsenal. It's a joy to shoot but unfortunately it just sits in the safe. Supposedly there were only 1500 built and then no others were built until Arsenal brought in the recent SAM5 from Bulgaria.

Good, thats the route I would take also. I have an Arsenal SA M-5 built in 2001 in Las Vegas by Arsenal. It's a joy to shoot but unfortunately it just sits in the safe. Supposedly there were only 1500 built and then no others were built until Arsenal brought in the recent SAM5 from Bulgaria.
Nice
I believe those are gassed correctly right? I think it's just these newest ones that are screwed if I remember right.

Nice
I believe those are gassed correctly right? I think it's just these newest ones that are screwed if I remember right.
Yea, gassed perfectly. Seems like the Bulgarian SAM5 overgassed issues don't effect all of them but nobody really knows how many are overgassed vs work fine. Arsenal has kept a tight lip.

🫡

C77423D7-DF00-47F8-BC2C-26C242C297D9.jpeg 4113EDC5-C4A0-4238-89B1-330BC07AE8D5.jpeg 8C13B000-D964-422A-A747-8CB4277B0302.jpeg

Re-did the finish on my SAM5. Was looking more like dark chocolate and I wasn't digging it
Also got the fixed midwest alpha stock for my psa 103.
Kind of an interesting combo.. PSA 103 with K-USA Zenitco Knockoff handguard with real russian b-33 with midwest zenitco copy stock.. hmmm
Gotta say, I recommend the handguard and stock! Solid pieces!

DSC01092.jpg DSC01088.jpg

Re-did the finish on my SAM5. Was looking more like dark chocolate and I wasn't digging it
Also got the fixed midwest alpha stock for my psa 103.
Kind of an interesting combo.. PSA 103 with K-USA Zenitco Knockoff handguard with real russian b-33 with midwest zenitco copy stock.. hmmm
Gotta say, I recommend the handguard and stock! Solid pieces!

View attachment 1427028 View attachment 1427029
Nice rifles! What dust cover is that for the SAM?

Russian kit build. For those who zoom in one might notice there is no stamping on the front Trunnion. That is because a PSA Tunnion was used,.

email168498498308420230518_192219_Original.jpeg email168498486692820230518_192204_Original.jpeg

Last Edited:
Tried selling this RS Regulate handguard but decided to throw it on the 102 after a few weeks. I had to bevel the inside edges to clear the suppressor set up. The BPG cover still makes contact but the suppressor itself doesn't. Used an mlok light mount I had laying around to shove the light forward and eliminate the suppressor shadow I had with the old setup. The Magpul foregrip is something else I had laying around. Good real estate for running accessories but I do miss my pic rails of the PSA fake Zenitco stuff. I might still get the full length rail next time it's in stock.

20230521_110913.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top