JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
TWS dogleg arrived today. Was gonna go Zenitco B33 for the top cover until I saw the price. I'm gonna zero it at Safefire on my next weekend off. 3 things left that I want to tackle on this 102 project:

- KNS piston. It needs it BAD! Way overgassed.
- Modlite setup. I believe in the Holy Trinity of Modern Carbine setups: Optic, Sling and Light. I test fitted my Cloud REIN on here, way too big of a light lol. Modlite should check that box
- Paint. Everything (except the underfolder) sees paint with me and I have something planned for this.

Round count is north of 500, a couple malfunctions that I would relate to ammo than the rifle itself. Otherwise, it's been solid.

001F18E8-D68A-4763-A086-2F20F10E4455.jpeg

WASR update: she's still with the gunsmith, the guy I'm using had an unfortunate work accident and is 6 weeks behind schedule. Parts started arriving for its makeover. I just received this RS Regulate handguard for it. I just ordered a WBP railed gas tube from AOA to compliment this and I'm looking at LPVO setups. I'm leaning towards a Recce style build with it, work being done with the gunsmith is a barrel to 14.5" using JMAC's combo gas block and a KeyMo muzzle brake. Once I complete my move next month, I'll start the Form 4 on a DeadAir can.

Figured I'd include a picture of the PSA's. They're pretty much wrapped up. I just ordered a Streamlight Protac Rail Mount 2 for the 102 to round things off there. The limited rail space of the AK led me to look at shorter light options. I had an Armageddon Gear suppressor cover but it was such low quality that it actually melted on my last range trip so a Burnproof Gear wrap is on the way. Also, picked up a pair of Circle 10 magazines for it and ordered a pair of FB Radom's that AOA had in stock. Malfunctions seem limited to the converted 5.45 mags running the 3D printed followers so I'm gonna a investigate those.

The underfolder is just chilling lol. I'm leaving that as is with the surplus wood, the Definitive Arms brake and iron sights.

20230121_033254.jpg 20230120_103320.jpg

Pretty badass. Who did the reweld? You don't hear about stamped rewelds as much as milled ones. Didn't know that was as thing.
I did it. It was single saw cut. I own a Metal fabrication shop. 3rd generation. I made a jig and tig welded it. Has a side scope mount so that adds strength. I can't even tell where I welded it. I blended the inside and outside. The rails on the inside act like a brace. You weld those, then the outer. So theres two layers of welds. It's incredibly hard to do. But I've been big welding for 20 years so i'm not to bad at it. Plus I welded a few receivers together before I did the 104 receiver

Nice setup. You experience any of the overgassing issues people have been talking about? Also, the AK purist in me notices you need a cleaning rod in that SAM5 😁

Twins:

View attachment 1330410
I have one and it was slamming the rear until I added the KNS piston...

I got to shoot the SAM5 today with the new setup.
The weight, the KNS piston and the Krebs AK12 brake make this thing unbelievably flat shooting.
It feels like an airsoft gun. Wow.
...The KNS pistol is a dream come true for AKs. Follow up shots are quickly back on target.

Here is mine (below). Unfortunately going up for sale this weekend to pay some unexpected bills.

AK_Arsenal SAM5.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top