JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
WASR 10

E9CBB3C2-D99F-4EBF-8E88-17F46DFDAFDA.jpeg D1FD4AE0-720E-434C-A3C9-355341595C7A.jpeg

Pretty simple to take apart too. I did buy another safety switch which has a longer tab. I put in on after i dissembled it.

I did buy an AK-47 cleaning kit but the Romanian buttstock does not have hole in it. Took the buttstock guard off and there is no hole either. I buy a surplus Romanian magazine pouch that can hold an AK-47 cleaning holder, oil bottle, and two spare magazines.

Romanian AK-47 Two Magazine Divided Pouch, 30rd, Canvas w/Leather Straps, *Very Good*
The Romanian stock should have it. Mine did. Is this the stock that came with it or did you buy new furniture set after getting it? If its the one that came with it, that's a U.S made stock not a Romanian surplus stock.

The Romanian stock should have it. Mine did. Is this the stock that came with it or did you buy new furniture set after getting it? If its the one that came with it, that's a U.S made stock not a Romanian surplus stock.

It was on the rifle by default when I got it. Need to buy some new furniture for this rifle at some point in the future. I have an Otis cleaning kit that I will using more the AK-47 cleaning kit anyways.

It was on the rifle by default when I got it. Need to buy some new furniture for this rifle at some point in the future. I have an Otis cleaning kit that I will using more the AK-47 cleaning kit anyways.
If it was on when you got it, it is a US made compliance set. Century buys cheap balsa wood and slaps them on for 922(r) compliance. Definitely get your hands on a surplus wooden set - the yellow import stuff turns black on the inside if you shoot it fast enough and is known to come loose at the tang on the rear trunnion. I have a spare set of Romanian surplus sitting around I would be willing to make a deal for if you want.

Its the U.S made furniture CAI put on there, not Romanian. I'd buy a Romy wood set, either with dong grip or not, and replace it.

The AKM cleaning kit is more than just cleaning, it can be used to sight in the rifle as well as helping with the disassembly.

Same WASR 10 but with new wood furniture. Better than the default furniture on the WASR even though the same 922r stock requirements. At least the stock has rubber pad now instead of a hard metal plate so it softens the recoil better. It has a wood grip now instead of a plastic one too.

82B1884C-A710-4C80-BD16-7AB09F42E89D.jpeg

If it was on when you got it, it is a US made compliance set. Century buys cheap balsa wood and slaps them on for 922(r) compliance. Definitely get your hands on a surplus wooden set - the yellow import stuff turns black on the inside if you shoot it fast enough and is known to come loose at the tang on the rear trunnion. I have a spare set of Romanian surplus sitting around I would be willing to make a deal for if you want.

I sent you a private message a few weeks but you did not answer.

Same WASR 10 but with new wood furniture. Better than the default furniture on the WASR even though the same 922r stock requirements. At least the stock has rubber pad now instead of a hard metal plate so it softens the recoil better. It has a wood grip now instead of a plastic one too.

View attachment 597799
Not like they'd find out, or care. But U.S made piston, fcg, muzzle brake, and pistol grip should take care of everything you'd need.

Not like they'd find out, or care. But U.S made piston, fcg, muzzle brake, and pistol grip should take care of everything you'd need.

I would not mind a stock that could accommodate a cleaning kit. Looking at parts at Lee's Mags for wood furniture now.

Surplus AK-47, AKM, AKS Parts for sale

Not sure I can modify my AK-47 to put a stock that can accommodate a cleaning kit or not given 922r regulations. I guess I should do some research.

Last Edited:
Yeah, definitely hope to SBR someday. It's a helluva lot fun to shoot! Better stock trigger than a CZ Scorpion too, even if it's heavier.

It took me a few tries to snag one, but I got a tip to join the official FB group of AK-V owners run by Palmetto. They post links to when new AK-Vs go up on the site, small batches at a time. I did the FFL transfer through Private Sector Arms and they were super easy to deal with. Glad I could give them business.

(Eff Seattle's gun and ammo taxes)

Damn you.
Thats the one that I ran out of time to get. I will at some point though. It's just begging to be SBRd IMO.

Yeah, definitely hope to SBR someday. It's a helluva lot fun to shoot! Better stock trigger than a CZ Scorpion too, even if it's heavier.

It took me a few tries to snag one, but I got a tip to join the official FB group of AK-V owners run by Palmetto. They post links to when new AK-Vs go up on the site, small batches at a time. I did the FFL transfer through Private Sector Arms and they were super easy to deal with. Glad I could give them business.

(Eff Seattle's gun and ammo taxes)

Yeah - I always went south. I read somewhere that they updated their inventory on the AKV in the early afternoon. It was good info.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top