JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That's an easy decision, screw 5.56 AKs, commie ammo...commie gun. The day of 9 cent 5.45 are done, a thing of the past, if it was still around I'd have all three calibers. Since it is not 5.56 for ARs and 7.62x39 for AKs, it's just a different ammo can.
At this point I'm just gonna do both. Cause I don't feel like having an AR again. Not that the AR is bad, but I really can't get over the bolt being stuck in the tube (happened too much for me).

Tbh, 5.45 is still available and cheap but not worth it since the 5.45 market is dying anyways. Only Arsenal was importing them after the sanctions, and they stopped importing it. Arsenal in Bulgaria prefers to make 5.56 and 7.62x39 AKs since most of their contracts go to that, and we just get what they want to make.

From what, popped primers?
Popped primers for the most part. The last one I don't know, and didn't care to find out.

Also, the AR doesn't do much for me personally. Already have enough rifles that are different in function, don't need to add more dissimilar actions to the stable unless its something collectable.

384911-141769595cd3a7f77a7d045711b0f44b.jpg Type 56 "Spiker" made from "Bringback" Front End (No import Stampings) along with correct Chinese parts and "My Guns" (Talent Oregon) type 56 Receiver built by Matt "Turbo" Yeemans (Top west coast AK builder)

ACOG on a TWS rail? Good thing you`ve got a cheek riser! :p
Zenitco B-33 with Zenitco B-10M... More than twice what you'd pay for the TWS! The ACOG is there for looks, right now its back on the AUG. The PA 3x is what's going on here.

Btw that cheek riser a must have with any wire folder, even with just irons!

I have a friend in Moscow who gets Zenit for a fraction of artificially inflated US prices. I like it, but it`s a bit heavy, even for me. Weight isn`t usually a concern (or maybe I`m just too stupid to notice?:rolleyes:) but that stuff adds notably, even moreso than that MI quadrail on my M10-762 in my pics.

Mine had to be shipped directly from Russia, and with shipping still cheaper than buying it in the states.

The B-10M and B-33 are about a pound. Don't really need a gas tube rail, so I save weight there. But with the B-33, B-10M, and B-19 the weight would only be 1.1-1.15 pounds or so for the three rails. No idea on the longer rails.

I tried the TDI X47 and the top cover was off center.

Went Zenitco after that since the weight would be similar. Despite the three hours it took to install, its become my favorite aftermarket furniture for the AK.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top