JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
1208AF03-B3F0-4B91-9829-27C35BA281DF.jpeg My M92 at the range. Sunday.

Been curious but,

Can anyone inform me about the 5.45 AK's? Been curious to try them out but never see any anywhere. Mostly curious about the cost of the ammo and how well it performs in comparison to say 556.

Also what would be considered the best entry level 5.45? Been meaning to get back on the AK platform for awhile now.

Been curious but,

Can anyone inform me about the 5.45 AK's? Been curious to try them out but never see any anywhere. Mostly curious about the cost of the ammo and how well it performs in comparison to say 556.

Also what would be considered the best entry level 5.45? Been meaning to get back on the AK platform for awhile now.
Finding a used wasr 2. The only new 5.45 you'll be getting is an Arsenal, and those are mostly just k-var "finding a new crate" of them. Bulgaria in Arsenal imports more 5.56 and 7.62 AKs than they do 5.45, if they even import them anymore. Unlike CAI, Arsenal USA isn't asking Bulgaria for anything, they just get what they get.

Finding a used wasr 2. The only new 5.45 you'll be getting is an Arsenal, and those are mostly just k-var "finding a new crate" of them. Bulgaria in Arsenal imports more 5.56 and 7.62 AKs than they do 5.45, if they even import them anymore. Unlike CAI, Arsenal USA isn't asking Bulgaria for anything, they just get what they get.

Ok thanks. Right now im looking at either a WASR or a RH10, maybe even a PSAK47 GB2. Wouldn't mind a side folder. Really just want something thats cheap and more plentiful to shoot.

5.45 is cheap, but 7.62x39 will be a little cheaper. Tbh, a wasr-10 would be better than the RH10, as it will have a longer sight radius. The gas block front sight combo makes sense when its on an AK pistol or SBR, but otherwise it just looks cool with a sacrifice to sight radius.

As far as folding stocks to, I use a wire folder since I use my siderail. But there are better folding stocks, and I really only fold it to hang it off the door at night.

IMG_3429.JPG

Preference or part of functionality?

Im guessing factory wood isn't as good on quality/durability? Wouldn't mind getting one with the plum or OD green polymer

1) 5.45 is almost wholly dependent upon import, even moreso than 7.62. Be careful.
2) 5.45 is a brutal cartridge on soft targets, it`s a wildly impressive fighting rifle cartridge
3) The 5.45 market is drying up fast. Mags are expensive if you want any degree of quality (I`ll be happy to share a short review of each 5.45 mag I`ve used)
4) WASR wood (and NPAP) wood is about as high quality as Tapco. PM me if you want a set of the good stuff.
5) AK market is stagnant. The average consumer is interested only in cookie cutter ARs and commercial grade trash.

Back when it was the wasr 10/63 the wood was surplus wood. All they did was cut off the dong and shape it. Now its just crap. Even tapco is better FFS.

AK market isn't stagnant, we are now starting to get stuff from WBP Poland to make up for some stuff. But the 5.45 market is definitely stagnant. The only AKs pushing strong are 7.62x39 and 5.56, and the latter is only because Arsenal in Bulgaria prefers to make 5.56 and 7.62 over 5.45 since that's where most of their military contracts are.

Forgot about WBP, Atlantic`s in-house guns are very nice as well, but kit build =/= import, sadly. Hopefully the Poles are getting a Wz.97 Beryl approved for import again to use the 5.56 mags they sent to AoA...

Anyways, being that this is a pic thread...

Y04UYp2.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads