JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
He he he, I have a two year old Sig 556 that shoots sub MOA and hasn't had a failure in thousands of rounds. Swiss AK design, super accurate. Dirty or clean doesn't matter, it won't jam. It tops both the AK and AR so you guys will need to decide who is second and who is third cause Sig 556 is claiming top gun.

Sold my 556, I reload, and it's a brass killer, plus this " SIG 556 • View topic - Check your 556 for wear/damage to the carrier " and the rails were canted. All Sig gave me was crap and lip service, ended up selling it to a buddy at a big loss. (He knew all the problems) Plus, bought mine before the big price drop.

but, I've got a 45/70 Sharps that'll do a lot better than that . Let's see how accurate that Sig is, 150 years from now.... :s0132:

Sold my 556, I reload, and it's a brass killer, plus this " SIG 556 • View topic - Check your 556 for wear/damage to the carrier " and the rails were canted. All Sig gave me was crap and lip service, ended up selling it to a buddy at a big loss. (He knew all the problems) Plus, bought mine before the big price drop.

but, I've got a 45/70 Sharps that'll do a lot better than that . Let's see how accurate that Sig is, 150 years from now.... :s0132:

The carriar wear and service complaints are old news from a few years ago. They've been retold thousands of times, yawn...

Ok, I'll bet ya $1 Million my Sig is more accurate than your Sharps in 150 years. My wife has offered to hold both of our funds til then. :)

Ok, this thread has officially gone and hit the stupid button. I'm out....

But before I go, 1911s are better than glocks!!!!

I want some of what your smoking! If you want to waste your money on a Ford when you could buy a Chevrolet then by all means, do it. Just make sure you get the heated tailgate option so you can keep your hands warm while you are pushing it.

Lefty.

Wow so much hate for the ak. I was on that same boat, but after some time, it grew on me. Everybody has their own opinions, but no firearm is perfect.

The carriar wear and service complaints are old news from a few years ago. They've been retold thousands of times, yawn...

Ok, I'll bet ya $1 Million my Sig is more accurate than your Sharps in 150 years. My wife has offered to hold both of our funds til then. :)

That's right, bought one when they first came out, a $1700 POS, that Sig refused to to "fix" after 4 trips back to them. As far as I'm concerned Sig used me and many other customers, as "test dummy's" SIG SUCKS !!!! Glad they "finally" got some of the bugs out, thanks to me and many other EX customers !! Hope yours don't break ...
Tell ya what, how bout a little test some time in the near future, Say 10 shots at hmmmm, I'll make it easier on ya, say 500 yds with open sights, most shots in the X ring ? You name the wager.....;)

That's right, bought one when they first came out, a $1700 POS, that Sig refused to to "fix" after 4 trips back to them. As far as I'm concerned Sig used me and many other customers, as "test dummy's" SIG SUCKS !!!! Glad they "finally" got some of the bugs out, thanks to me and many other EX customers !! Hope yours don't break ...
Tell ya what, how bout a little test some time in the near future, Say 10 shots at hmmmm, I'll make it easier on ya, say 500 yds with open sights, most shots in the X ring ? You name the wager.....;)

Sig and I thank you for making Sig number one today. Sorry you got burned, but you're probably correct in that you helped Sig to test their early production. The early Sigs are worth quite a bit now as they were loaded with SAM parts. On your offer to compete at 500 yards with open sights, not sure what it would prove. Perhaps, that you can see the target better than me? My eyes aren't very good these days, but if we made the target big enough I could see it and I would hit it. At 500 yds open sights I would rather opt for my 375 h&h. It'll give you a run for your money.

I'll still say the AK has many uses that win over the AR and vise-versa. Grilling meat for instance or actually getting the job done inside of 300 yards without having to partake in a S.P.O.R.T.S maneuver.
Best option, own both. But get an AK first. :s0155:

I will also bow out of this thread as 22many did.
My final words?
AKM is a much better rifle for SHTF period...Aaaaaand The G3 clones are better than the FALs

I'll still say the AK has many uses that win over the AR and vise-versa. Grilling meat for instance or actually getting the job done inside of 300 yards without having to partake in a S.P.O.R.T.S maneuver.
Best option, own both. But get an AK first. :s0155:

I will also bow out of this thread as 22many did.
My final words?
AKM is a much better rifle for SHTF period...Aaaaaand The G3 clones are better than the FALs
I'm glad cause I own a G3 clone as well. Oh yeah and a rem 870 beats a moss 500 any day :cool:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top