JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hypothetically of course..... and you wanted to get a rock solid 22 pistol, a regular caliber pistol, and a shotgun that you plan on suppressing for target practice and plinking... what would they be (affordable options please!)

GO!

Pistol: /Suppressor:
Shotgun: /Suppressor:
22 Pistol: / Suppressor:

Also - a preference for a rifle suppressor for my 16s?

I would come to my senses almost immediately and buy a Barrett M82 plus lots of .50 cal ammo. Then I'd patiently search for a used 870, a 22/45 and a Glock 19 for cheap.

Pistol: I tend to like my XD

Shotgun would be a 930JM Pro

.22 suppressed Marlin model 60ss (or the bolt action tube fed equivalent) - sorry, rifle suppressed to me is greater in .22 than a pistol suppressed.

Browning Buckmark
SIG Sauer - P229 or P226, maybe a P320 for defense.
As for the shotgun, it would depend on the usage - defense, hunting, etc.
I don't think I would try to bother with a suppressor for the shotgun.

^^This this this and this. The man knows what he's about.

I'd sub a P228/M-11 for the P229 or a P220 ST (the all stainless .45 Sig Sauer) if .45 was to be utilized, I could see a person saying a Glock 19 here as well.

Shotgun, you might want several. I'd put a Vepr 12 high on any shotgun list, but the short sight picture reduces the ability to do well on sporting clays. Pump shotgun, I'd probably get a marine version of the 870 or the Mossberg 500 if I couldn't find a Remington 31. Can't speak for the suppressors.

Sounds like if you have a few thousand to drop, it's more for pleasure. Nothing wrong with that. But even fantasy guns have their limitations.

I have a lot of lesser guns rather than a few fancy items. Some new some used. Different moods. A few thousand could go a long way. A few gems even snuck in their.

Pistol - 1911 Colt Commander model in .45 ACP (any of the Sig's or Glock's mentioned would also make a good choice)

Shotgun - 12 gauge - Remington 870 or Mossberg 500
(Add 18" barrel/pistol grip set for home defense)

.22 Pistol - Ruger 22/45 (Browning Buckmark is also desirable or S&W 41)

Here - I'll clarify some more - more like $5k to spend.. My wife and I just started a home build on 5 acres and I'm going to build a shooting range this spring. I want to be able to shoot suppressed on my land - mainly 22 for plinking/fun and 9mm for the time being. I'm going to go ahead and apply for 3 suppressors now - a pistol caliber, a dedicated 22 and a rifle caliber. With the remaining money I'm hoping to pick up a cheap 22 pistol for target practice and a full size 9mm as the two I have now are both more for carry (limited magazine capacity)...

If you are wanting a dedicated 22 for a can,I would get a MKIII and put a suppressed upper on it and be done.
Then get a 10/22 and a better threaded barrel and then suppress it
The pistol could be whatever fits YOU best,as you can almost always find a threaded barrel for any pistol nowadays. Only caliber I wouldn't suppress is 10mm. Or maybe 44mag. What's the use?
I would do a Mossberg if I was going to have a shotgun threaded and put a can on it
How much would a 12ga suppressor cost anyway?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top