JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Democrat House Divided On Gun Control
Shares
Legal Issues, Opinion, Shooting by Kevin Felts with 27 Comments

glock-19-210.jpg
There is an old saying "A house divided can not stand." With that in mind, there is a growing division in the Democrat party over gun control.

In the recent years there have been a series of events that have prompted people who were not normally gun owners to buy a firearm. A large number of those people have received training, joined gun clubs and obtained their concealed carry permit.

Women with guns: The next threat to the Democratic Party.

A lady who was interviewed for the article explains why she voted for Donald Trump:

public opinion pollsters in the last election "deeply missed suburban women like me, who they thought would vote for Hillary Clinton. They, along with Clinton, ignored us and what was important to our values, which is the ability to protect our home and our children."

People such as the woman in the above article are an excellent example of the demographics of the Democrat party are changing. Change that is being ignored by party leadership.

Gays and Lesbians
Then there is the gay and lesbian population that are buying guns, Gun sales among the gay and lesbian population surged after the Orlando night club shooting.

The Pink Pistols is a national gun club for gays and lesbians. It saw its membership soar from about 1,500 members on Saturday to 3,500 on Monday.

Will those voting blocks be alienated with continued anti-gun rhetoric?

Assault Rifle Ban Change Of Heart
One of the main selling points of the Democrat anti-gun stance is getting so called "Assault Rifles" off the streets. President Obama once said "Weapons of war have no place on our streets."

During the 2016 election, Hillary Clinton called for a new ban on assault weapons.

However, a recent Gallup poll says that support for an assault weapon ban is at an all time low.

1996: 57% of the population supported an assault weapon ban.

2016: 36% of the population supported an assault weapon ban.

Even with a 21% drop in support for banning so called "assault weapons", the Democrat party is still doing its same old song and dance routine. The party continues to beat the drums of war for a campaign the public does not support.

The Democrat party is digging itself into a hole with new gun owners. The groups that were once pandered to, are slowly being isolated

http://www.alloutdoor.com/2017/02/2...ent=2017-03-04&utm_campaign=Weekly+Newsletter

Let's hope they continue be the anti-gun party. It's going to take a long time to undo the damage they have done over the past 8 years and every voter they alienate can swell our ranks.

The Democrat party plays the role of anti-gun. Self-identified Democrats often are not. Most people probably don't even care much one way or the other.

dont hold your breath here on the west coast, some of the most corrupt dems in the country
and more importantly its our state govt that runs everything thru on phony emergency clauses....& the dems voted for this crap here...

I am taking a college class in writing to get my web design certificate. And the topic of Gun Control came up in a quick writing exercise the 2 people that had been randomly selected to discuss this were against it. Unfortunately, I was not selected. I got stuck with another topic as you could imagine I would have had a field day had I had been chosen for it. But the first person a young lady maybe 19-23 years old wrote" All guns should be banned we don't need them for hunting because we can buy our meat from the supermarket, we don't need them for protection because our military and police can protect us. All guns should be destroyed and made illegal". You can imagine I was cringing at that. Then the second person a male in his 30s said guns should be legal but went off by saying "That the current system is not working because all gun deaths were caused by people with no criminal records and everyone including hunters who owns a gun should go to Salem and have to pass the same test the police take for mental stability and do this every 6 months to prove that they are mentally able to own a gun and if they can't pass the test they should not be allowed to have them and every gun owner should be registered and be held responsible for their guns if they are used in a crime and that they should be held liable, be sued or sent to prison for the crime." They were both quite passionate about their views. Guys this is no joke as crazy as it sounds. This is the kind of kind of thinking we are up against.

Last Edited:
I am hoping the tide is starting to turn. It may even be that Trump getting elected will help our cause. How? Because there are plenty of folks on the left that are so truly frightened that he is going to put them in concentration camps, etc., that they are starting to arm up for protection. They are also afraid that conservatives are going to start killing them on the streets because they disagree with them politically. Again, foolish, and zero basis in reality, but they honestly believe these things.

I have been saying for a few years that I truly believe the only people that can get the Democrat party to drop gun control would be other Democrats. They certainly won't listen to us, and we can't keep them out of office, so getting more and more Dems to become not only pro-gun, but staunch 2A advocates really is the best way to let the Democrat party know that attempts at gun control hurt their voters, not just Republicans. The more gun ownership is widely known as a non-partisan issue, the more quickly the Democrats will dump it from their platform - especially when they see that Dems are willing to vote against them, such as they did in large numbers in Nov. 2016. It can happen, it has happened, and I hope it continues to happen.

I'm still skeptical. The only 'trend' we have now is a Republican majority in the White House and this means the Dems have to be careful about if or how they propose any new gun control legislation should it be "gut and stuffed"

but thats it.

getting the flaming liberals & snowflake millennial's on board will work in time however it will be a slow arduous undertaking

I feel the only hope here in Oregon is to go on a strong offensive NOW! continue/revive the petitions for the phony emergency clauses, it ALL BUT ADVERTISES how Oregonians feel about the corrupt democrat govt here in the state !
If I recall correctly I read somewhere that in Oregon 106 out of 124 Bills were rammed thru as "Phony Emergency Clauses"

march, demonstrate, close the Portland bridges............. JUST KEEP GUNS OUT OF THE MARCH'S and DEMONSTRATIONS THIS TIME make the public displays and demonstrations all about the public outrage of runaway corrupt govt and fake emergency clauses... dont even talk guns!!!!!!!

ASSOCIATING FAKE EMERGENCY CLAUSES WITH GUNS WAS A POOR IDEA, IT FAILED AND WILL AGAIN....MAKE THEM COMPLETELY SEPARATE ISSUES that OREGONIANS ARE STEAMED ABOUT

Then on a SECOND front of a two pronged approach we need to begin EMAIL BOMBING them voicing our distrust and disdain, even better, phone calls about the continuous attacks on our gun rights by the Oregonian democrats and the corrupt emergency clauses to accomplish this ......we need to warn them just how close the election was that WE CAN TIP THIS STATE REPUBLICAN IF THEY KEEP THIS CORRUPTION UP.
Remind them there already was a mass exodus from the democratic party from those democrats that were aware,
I really think if we keep the pressure up the dems will fear losing control here in Oregon, I mean the party has already turned to shizzle (and they know it ) it wont be as hard to apply pressure NOW! doesnt matter if its true or not just make them think we can flip the state and issue them their termination slips if this phony emergency clause scam contines

basically repeat last years efforts but like on steroids AND KEEP THE ISSUES SEPARATE, make it seem like guns are one pizzed off group and the constituents are pizzedoff over corrupt fake emergency clauses.
Now while they are weaker and uncertain about the democratic party, its not a time for them to make waves its why gov Brown is backing off her anti gun agenda, we need to seize the weakness in the moment and take advantage of the democratic party already dissolving before their eyes

corrupt gov brown just barley won over Bud Pierce, won only by 7%.......... if we help to pizz off the constituents, Oregon could be flipped

Oregon Election 2016 results
http://www.nytimes.com/elections/results/oregon

I have a server and can build an anti Kate Brown fake emergency clause website
where we could list ALL the sneaky injustices, we could start a facebook page against Kate Brown, we all chip in a few bucks and take out an ad in the news papers to point out all the corruption and fake emergency clauses.........again doesnt mean diddly if they work or not , our point is to show how organized and determined to expose the corruption we are and rock their foundation

sorry for the long post:rolleyes:

Last Edited:
This is interesting. All the people who voted for Trump are in places where guns are more common while Liberal Portland and Eugene, and Seaside, their playpen at the beach, voted for Hillary.
http://www.nytimes.com/elections/results/oregon

I'm shocked! Shocked I tell you! :rolleyes:

You know what's most interesting about that article - is the fact that 50% of Oregon DID NOT vote for Hillary. Considering the # of voters they should have on their side, Hillary should have killed it - I honestly would have expected her to take 70% of the vote here. But no, a full 1/2 of all Oregon voters voted for someone other than Hillary, with the biggest percentage, almost 40%, going to Trump....in Oregon, of all places.

I would love to see the one for Washington. I would guess its about the same. Mostly red except Seattle and surrounding area's.

Every time I see WA broken down it's just as you suspect. King County HEAVY liberals. The East part of the state HEAVY conservative. Smaller cites like Tacoma, Olympia more divided. Seattle is like SanFran. It's like they are in a race to the bottom with SanFran. Who can get there first.

I RARELY post in threads like this, but I do find it strange how the most violent urban areas with the strictest gun laws are always blue. Any chance it could be the residents that live there causing that phenomenon?

The Democrat party plays the role of anti-gun. Self-identified Democrats often are not. Most people probably don't even care much one way or the other.
Doesn't matter what they think or care, if they vote democrat they are part of the problem. They can't have it both ways.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top