JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Saw this sad bit of news from my old home town.

Road rage involving gunshot leads to assault charge against driver

A 36-year-old Kansas City, Kan., man has been accused of firing a shot at another driver during a road rage incident in Gladstone.

Eric A. Brandes was charged with first-degree assault and armed criminal action in the incident Saturday at Northeast 72nd Street and North Troost Avenue.

The victim told police that he was driving on 72nd Street when he approached a white van that appeared to have heavy exhaust or smoke coming from the rear.

The victim drove around the van, upsetting the driver. The driver then motioned for the victim to pull over. When the victim turned onto a side street, the van followed, police said.

The victim stopped at a stop sign and noticed the driver of the van had gotten out and was pointing a gun. The victim heard a gunshot and sped off, driving to the police station, police said.

Officers responding to the call found the van and when questioning the driver, he said that a vehicle had cut him off, upsetting him, police said. The driver then told police that he fired a shot.

Police found a .45 caliber Ruger handgun inside the van and a spent shell casing at Northeast 71st Street and North Cherry Lane.

Brandes was arrested and was being held in the Clay County jail on $300,000 bond.

DUMB! I'd be scared to see how he would react to somebody not waiting their turn at a stop sign. With anger issues like those you have to wonder what he has done in the past and not gotten caught for.

Something similar happened to my mother years ago. She passed some guy on a busy highway overpass (apparently he was driving under the speed limit and my mother just went around him. When they came to a red he apparently got out of his car, grabbed a bat or rod or something, walked up to my mother's car and started screaming at her and smashing her windshield with it. At that point, based on what my mother said, a bunch of people got out of their cars because some crazy, nutbag is being crazy. I guess he came to his sense enough to realize that this kind of behaviour, in public, is inappropriate so he ran back to his car—which was kind of boxed in because this was a busy overpass and it was gridlocked—and he started to reverse and go crash forward into the cars around him trying to get away. Apparently a couple of dudes wrestled him out of his car and held him till the cops arrived.

And before anyone asks, no, no one shot him. This was in Canada. He got a stern talking to and someone sat on his chest and probably tickled him till the cops came. Tim Horton's was probably involved :)

I grew up in KC and that particular area around 71st and Troost is pretty sketchy. I wouldn't go near there unless I absolutely had to and if I did have to I would do my business and beat it back home ASAP.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top