JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This argument inevitably comes up on every hunting forum I have ever had the pleasure of being a part of.
I personally think it is possible! On many occasions in the woods, I have had the feeling of being watched. That is the closest that I have ever come. I also have friends that are not prone to making up stories for attention or fun, but have confided in me very seriously that they have had experiences of one kind or another that may or may not have been Bigfoot, Sasquatch or any other name you call it.

The legends have been around for Many years before it became popular in the sixties, as far back as the 1700's to modern day and with people across the country that have never met.

In China there have been discoveries of a huge ape that walked upright, was about 7' to 10' tall and weighed in the range of 400 to 1000 pounds. the scientific community has named it Giantlopithicus Blacki.

What do you think???

In Europe there have been discoveries of a huge ape that walked upright, was about 7' to 10' tall and weighed in the range of 400 to 1000 pounds. the scientific community has named it Giantlopithicus Blacki.

China actually, but yes, such a creature did exist and lived in the same niche as the Panda bear, eating cane and bamboo and such.

I look at it with an open mind but in the end there is no satisfactory proof until someone brings a body in.

Keith

What do you think???
I think until I see physical evidence (such as mentioned above) my optimism is waning. 30 + years of backpacking, hunting, fishing, wandering etc has only resulted in my seeing bears, cougars, screaming coyotes (one Wolverine) and most other creatures that inhabit the Pacific Northwest. Never during this time have I ever second guessed any weird screams I have heard nor have I ever experienced any strange scents (other than dead things I have seen) as have been reported.

China actually, but yes, such a creature did exist and lived in the same niche as the Panda bear, eating cane and bamboo and such.

I look at it with an open mind but in the end there is no satisfactory proof until someone brings a body in.

Keith
Thanks for the correction, you have obviously done your homework. I'll correct it:)

I have been intrigued by this since the late 50's. I am a believer. I have never personally seen any evidence that was substantial to me. My dad, however, found a track in Lincoln county, Oregon that he swore was a real track. He took me out out to see it. Was in a location that would have been unlikely for anyone to hoax and think it wold be found. I tried unsuccessfully to make a plaster cast. The track looked like a barefoot human slightly wider at the heel. Was not a huge track. Probably size 10 or so. I can't possibly think of a reason anyone would have been barefoot in that location. No berries to pick, no scenery to see. Just a trail in the timber off an old logging landing.

Here's another question... Would you shoot one?

Situation dependent, If I truly felt in danger, yes. If I could get proof without harming it, and I did not feel like I was in any sort of danger, no. I could give two waazoo's about the money. knowing the truth without a doubt, that is worth more to me and if I could get some good footage, all the better!

I believe! If you met my inlaws you would too! RVTECH, nice luck on seeing the wolverine! Always wanted to spot one.
I would do almost anything to avoid shooting Bigfoot!

In case you are not aware they are Federally Protected. (true)
RVTECH, nice luck on seeing the wolverine!
Yep it was a long time ago. Some friends and I were driving up to Paulina Peak on a New Year's Day and one jumped across the road in front of me. It was foggy and snowing by it was a Wolverine.

In case you are not aware they are Federally Protected. (true)

Yep it was a long time ago. Some friends and I were driving up to Paulina Peak on a New Year's Day and one jumped across the road in front of me. It was foggy and snowing by it was a Wolverine.

I don't believe bigfoot is federally protected, however, Skamania County, Washington State enacted ordinance 69-01 in 1969 making it a criminal offense.

In mid August, 1977 there were local and regional news reports of a big foot being shot by a hunter. Blood and hair samples reported to be unique and unlike any known species. The same month Elvis died. There was never a follow up.
I wonder why.
REAL

I have been in the woods a long time, took a friend hunting once and we indeed heard something together that to this day some thirty years later we still speak of and have no way of explaining, the mad sound of something not wanting us and our guns in its environment.
That is what I took from the experience anyway.
REAL

I am on the fence. There has been alot of sightings here in the PNW that go back hundreds of years but something as large as a big foot living here in the US and there has been to real evidence to prove it so I highly doubt it. Now, on the other hand I did get to see part of the Patterson film that was blown up. when you watched its right thigh as it walked, you could see the muscles jiggle under the skin. If that was a man in the suit, it would be far better then anything they are really making these days. also, it had breasts. I dont think even the female apes in Planet of the Apes had breasts so its really hard to say if its fake or not.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top