JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Here is my story:

1) There is no such thing as Bigfoot/Sasquatch.
2) Until someone offers me concrete proof, I will maintain this belief.
3) People want to believe in Bigfoot/Sasquatch the same way they want to believe in a god / salvation / whatever. It makes them feel better to believe that there's something out there bigger than themselves to have faith in.

Technically precision.
I toyed with that when I posted it, but went with accuracy just cuz it rolled off the tongue better.
One can agree that "...that's accuracy..." has better assonance than does "...that's precision...", even though the word "precision" is the correct word to use.
Normally, I'm better than that with my word choices, but in this case, my chosen words were better, linguistically speaking...

Last Edited:
I toyed with that when I posted it, but went with accuracy just cuz it rolled off the tongue better.
One can agree that "...that's accuracy..." has better assonance than does "...that's precision...", even though precision is the logical choice of the word to use.
Normally, I'm better than that with my word choices...

Just being pedantic because accuracy vs precision and tolerance vs clearance are the only 2 terms I know enough to be pedantic about. :s0140:

I think most folks who "see" Bigfoot are misinterpreting what's actually there.
An anecdote: my dad, a friend with little outdoor experience, and I were on the Rogue fishing. My friend comes running up to us all excited that he's spotted a mountain lion. We all go to the spot where he's seen the critter, perched on a rock on the opposite side of the river. My dad and I both look at each other, then my dad says, "Son, that's someone's yellow lab."

When I venture out into the wilds, these are the creatures I keep my eyes peeled for, one would not enjoy an unpleasant encounter. This one was spotted in a forest in bulgaria, the photo is not mine. 34d0cb4100000578-0-image-m-39_1464787592136-e1464858978224.jpg

Says a group of Bigfoot believers.

Did you go to the linked article and read their extensive analysis of the evidence and why they believe the film is authentic?

If not, then why dismiss it?

If so, then how do you refute the following evidence?

"Ironically, the most influential rumor floating around today is the one inadvertently promoted by the National Geographic Channel a few years back, in 2005 ... The series title was "Is it Real?". The episode title was "Bigfoot." Youtubery of this old episode can be accessed below.

The episode featured a new liar "confessing" to be "the man in the costume." His name is Bob Hieronimous. Millions of people apparently saw that episode, or heard about it from others, because people often bring it up with us. His "confession" has even found its way into foreign publications describing nature mysteries around the world.

At least this confessor lived in Yakima (where Patterson was from). Hieronimous claims he was friends with Roger Patterson, and accompanied Patterson and Gimlin to Nor Cal with his costume. Patterson's widow says he's lying. Bob Gimlin says he's lying. No one can corroborate Hieronimous' claim that he accompanied Patterson and Gimlin. Various living witnesses near Bluff Creek say Patterson and Gimlin were not accompanied by anyone. No one ever saw Hieronimous with those two. Hieronimous doesn't know where they went exactly, or which route they too ... Indeed, there is every reason to believe Hieronimous is trying to attach himself to the Patterson story with his own fiction.

Roger Patterson apparently knew Bob Hieronimous before he obtained the footage in 1967. Patterson had been wanting to film a low budget documentary about the subject. He organzied some people in Yakima for some stock scenes on horseback for his film. Bob Hieronimous was apparently one of those people, but that appears to be the extend of his association with Roger."

There are various ways to demonstrate that Hieronimus' confession is fake:
1) Hieronimus has given three (3) contradictory versions of his confession to various journalists -- contradictory regarding the "costume" description. Specifically, he has changed his description of the costume, dramatically, three times. The contradictions are so blatant that the only reasonable explanation is that the whole story is fake.

2) Hieronimous is still not able to demonstrate a matching costume, even with expert assistance. As the Hieronimus crew continues to introduce new costumes, to more closely approximate the Patterson creature, the more obvious it is that Hieronimus didn't have anything do with it the first time either.

3) Hieronimous does not know anything about the route to get to the film site, as if he was never there.

4) His explanation for why he never asked for the $1,000 from Gimlin or Patterson ... doesn't make any sense. Many things in his confession make no sense.

5) When Hieronimous is asked why he's telling this story to the public 40 years later, he says "It's my turn now" ... refering to the other parasite scammers who have made claims about the footage in previous years.

6) The comparative visuals clearly show that the Patterson creature has a different skeleton than Bob Hieronimous (or any human, for that matter). See the comparative footage on the left.

Did you go to the linked article and read their extensive analysis of the evidence and why they believe the film is authentic?
Not gonna waste my time.
If not, then why dismiss it?
Bigfoot research is kind of like creation "science." A bunch of believers desperately searching for evidence of their already formed conclusions. That isn't science.

Every society seems to have what might be called "campfire stories" used to entertain and frighten children. Bigfoot/Yeti/Sasquatch fall into this category. Like Santa Claus, most people outgrow it.

If so, then how do you refute the following evidence?
Discrediting someone who claimed to have participated in a hoax does not prove it was not a hoax.

I worked for Washington Dept. of Fish and Wildlife for several years. I managed all the land in SW Washington that belonged to the agency. As A consequence, I spent most of my career wandering over thousands of acres of state lands, all by my lonesome. I was deep into the Klickitat Wildlife area (on foot) and realized that I had quite a hike to get back to my car before night fall. After about two hours of steady hiking I realized that I was being followed. I thought that it might have been a cougar, since they will do that sort of thing. I learned a little bushcraft while hunting Communists in SE Asia, so after I got onto some rocky soil, I made a quick 90 degree turn uphill and then another 90 in a spot where I could get a look at the cougar. Imagine my surprise when I discovered that it was a bear! It stopped and looked directly at me (a distance of about 30 feet) and then I could see it's face. It wasn't a bear! The thing stood up on it's hind legs(it had been on all four smelling the trail that I had left) and it began to make odd noises kind of like a muffled bark and a yodel. It made no effort to run or approach me. It was still smelling the air trying to figure out exactly where I was. I moved slightly and that was all it took. It reversed it's movement and began a long loping stride back from the direction that it had come from. I took off after it ( I had a 9MM in a holster) and had to run pretty hard to catch a glimpse of it again. It now looked back at me and started kind of running. I could see that if I took a narrow deer trail to my left I could intercept the thing in about 50 yards. I ran as hard as I could and sure enough, I got within 12 to 15 feet of it. It had a very "funky" smell to it and it was quite tall (I'm 5'9") and it was at least two feet taller than me. I spoke to it in a very calm voice and moved closer. It began making those weird sounds again and it was getting dark. I spoke in low tones trying to calm it. It shuffled a bit every time I moved towards it. It kept moving away. Finally, I just said "I won't hurt you". The thing screamed at me in English, "Keep your social distance from me and wear a mask, you bastard!!"
Oh my gosh... "your story" was great comedic relief! Im hoping at least part of it was true hahaha!

Many forestry crew members of all kinds have 100% belief that there is an unknown large mammal living umong us. Im hoping now that we are buckling down again, Im going out to setup my game camera, i mat buy a second one, thats how convinced there is something going on.

When I find it, Im going to adopt it and raise it like its my own.

Not gonna waste my time.

Bigfoot research is kind of like creation "science." A bunch of believers desperately searching for evidence of their already formed conclusions. That isn't science.

Every society seems to have what might be called "campfire stories" used to entertain and frighten children. Bigfoot/Yeti/Sasquatch fall into this category. Like Santa Claus, most people outgrow it.

Discrediting someone who claimed to have participated in a hoax does not prove it was not a hoax.

these stupid tv shows are a hack. There is a huge difference between a man and woman, whose plastic surgery makes her look like a primate on camera, making movie magic and research. I believe Canada has recognized the "beast", or is at least on their table for decision.

Here is my story:

1) There is no such thing as Bigfoot/Sasquatch.
2) Until someone offers me concrete proof, I will maintain this belief.
3) People want to believe in Bigfoot/Sasquatch the same way they want to believe in a god / salvation / whatever. It makes them feel better to believe that there's something out there bigger than themselves to have faith in.
I think you mixing sasquatch with religion;) This reminds me of the anti-maskers lol God will keep us healthy... until it didnt. now I have friends and extended family in quarantine, including a 5 year old.

Either way, getting out in the woods, running game cameras and keeping a sharp eye out for the abnormal helps us identify other "new to us" species.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top