JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In regards to the weed in the road...

What do we actually know....?
Its a weed / plant of some sort...its intact roots and all ...its in the roadway.

To be honest here...
That a weed / plant is in a roadway be it one with roots or just a clump of plant matter....
Does not equate a big mystery to me.

I have no real idea of how it got there.
One can "What if..." till the cows come home and still have no answer for "why...?"

What I would be interested in was....
What did the surrounding area look like....?
Did the plant matter match the plants in that area...?
Were other plants in that area uprooted / disturbed...?
Any tracks , drag lines , game trails , paths , poop , etc....nearby...?
Any vehicle traffic before or after or in the area with plant matter in them....?

In addition to all the "normal" animal and people behavior that may be the reason...
People and animals do weird things at times , for no apparent reason.
Again one can what if this forever...and still not find a answer.

Plant material , roots and all in the road..odd for sure....but
Which is more likely a person or animal...
Or a critter that is uncommon , or rare...if not , nonexistent...And if it does exist , one that is very good about not leaving traces of itself behind....Why would it leave a clump of plant matter in the road in the first place...?

Now with all of the above said...
I still do not have an answer as to why this plant matter was in that spot in the road.
Bigfoot...maybe....Something else....maybe and that is something that I lean towards most likely.
Andy

So one thing I've noticed in this thread is that people come in with their own pre conceived notions of reality, and use their words to press their interpretation of reality onto others. It's understandable, and is human nature.
However, any more conversation about the matter ultimately won't accomplish anything because no one, on either side, will abandon their concept of reality. Some are believers and some aren't, and neither side will concede.
I do appreciate those who have come forward publicly, and to those who sent me PMs about your encounters I appreciate it and will respond to your messages as I have time.
I am convinced, based on my own encounter I described, and encounters others have had that the Sasquatch is real. They are extremely intelligent, have culture, and I believe bury their dead and avoid us as much as they can.
The last thing that I'll say here is a response to those who say oh there's thousands of hunters in the woods, game cameras etc etc. You're right! There are hunters in these woods, myself among them. People do place game cameras.
But let's be realistic. How far off of the beaten path does your average hunter go? We all know just how thick and difficult the vegetation is to move around here. There are a lot of places where you cannot see in front of you due to how tall the grasses and shrubbery is, and how unsure the footing is with all the rotting logs stick etc. So! Knowing all that we know that human encroachment into the wilds of the PNW is relegated almost exclusively to the logging roads, clear cuts, and clearings that are traversable. It really is damn near impossible to get "way out there" and I believe the Sasquatch are aware of that and live in areas that are difficult for humans to reach.

"Nothing in this area can do that other than humans."

Right. Nothing. Aside from any herbivore/omnivore in the world, especially when grazing and mistakenly uprooting a distasteful specimen: They spit it out immediately. The list of species I have witnessed do this hundreds...maybe thousands... of times includes Deer, Elk, Antelope, Sheep, Goats, Bears, and my horses (multiple times each and every day).
ok.. you must be right.

I've been hunting in walk in areas for 25 years on Mt Adams and never seen anything like Big foot. Lots of Elk bear and deer. So lets say they do/did exist at some time. I've never seen game cam footage or pictures of a dead one or hit by speeding cars. If we never see a dead one then there should by lots running around one would think. On the other hand that could have inbred themselves out of existence which would explain why we never see them.

So one thing I've noticed in this thread is that people come in with their own pre conceived notions of reality, and use their words to press their interpretation of reality onto others. It's understandable, and is human nature.
However, any more conversation about the matter ultimately won't accomplish anything because no one, on either side, will abandon their concept of reality. Some are believers and some aren't, and neither side will concede.
I do appreciate those who have come forward publicly, and to those who sent me PMs about your encounters I appreciate it and will respond to your messages as I have time.
I am convinced, based on my own encounter I described, and encounters others have had that the Sasquatch is real. They are extremely intelligent, have culture, and I believe bury their dead and avoid us as much as they can.
The last thing that I'll say here is a response to those who say oh there's thousands of hunters in the woods, game cameras etc etc. You're right! There are hunters in these woods, myself among them. People do place game cameras.
But let's be realistic. How far off of the beaten path does your average hunter go? We all know just how thick and difficult the vegetation is to move around here. There are a lot of places where you cannot see in front of you due to how tall the grasses and shrubbery is, and how unsure the footing is with all the rotting logs stick etc. So! Knowing all that we know that human encroachment into the wilds of the PNW is relegated almost exclusively to the logging roads, clear cuts, and clearings that are traversable. It really is damn near impossible to get "way out there" and I believe the Sasquatch are aware of that and live in areas that are difficult for humans to reach.
How far off the beaten path did you go to see the signs; not far from the car if I remember you saying.;)

So! Knowing all that we know that human encroachment into the wilds of the PNW is relegated almost exclusively to the logging roads, clear cuts, and clearings that are traversable. It really is damn near impossible to get "way out there"
This is highly inaccurate.
I have spent literally most of my life
Camping, hiking, hunting etc. and your feet can take you places nothing else can - and mine have and often far from roads and clear cuts.
The woods are very accessible by foot if you take the time to plan carefully so as avoid impassible areas and to not get lost.
I have hiked many miles into beautiful country I would have never seen if I had not got past the 'logging
Roads' and 'clear cuts'.
Try it sometime because if you do a whole new world opens up!

Last Edited:
This is highly inaccurate.
I have spent literally most of my life
Camping, hiking, hunting etc. and your feet can take you places nothing else can - and mine have and often far from roads and clear cuts.
The woods are very accessible by foot if you take the time to plan carefully so as avoid impassible areas and to not get lost.
I have hiked many miles into beautiful country I would have never seen if I had not got past the 'logging
Roads' and 'clear cuts'.
Try it sometime because if you do a whole new world opens up!

Can you elaborate on this, maybe in a different thread? Do you just use satalite images? How do you determine an area is passable or not befor you get there?

I like going off trail, I often try to stay near a creek or river though so its nearly impossible to get lost, and sometimes you just get cliffed out pretty quickly.

How do you determine an area is passable or not befor you get there?
Well a large part of my woods traveling took place during the time before computers so I relied heavily on FS maps and a compass. I also made sure to always rely on landmarks when navigating.

Typically what I refer to an area as being 'impassable' is a deep canyon, a mountain or river in between where I started and where I wanted to go.

While I am not hiking anymore the distances I use to if I do plan to get out and do something I will typically used computer mapping to identify places I want to go and will print out a map of the area I plan to be in.

Last Edited:
We have squatch hunters, ghost/spirit hunters, alien hunters, etc. I wonder how many countries/languages have squatch tales/legends, how many native peoples have oral histories of these wood apes?

A "whole lot" ( technical term :D ) of America Indian tribes have tales of Sasquatch....some ancient , some old and some not so old.

The Nooksack and Lummi Nations out where I live , have many legends and stories about big foot...more than a few are 20th and 21st century.
Andy

I was thinking. I'm guessing that mr. Bigfoot would be mostly the same makeup as a regular human. With that said, even with his loose hair he couldn't make it through Shoer cold winters without structures or fire. Even us humans with awesome down coats at some point get cold outside.
Maybe that's why Bigfoot hasn't been seen in Alaska? Or Montana?

They call him yeti in the cold regions.
And Bwana in warmer climes... :s0140:
Bwana.jpg

"Some are believers and some aren't...."
Which entirely neglects those of us who would LOVE to be convinced (by methodical and objective means).

As to travel in the woods, reading this made me sad to know there are persons who are convinced our woods are impenetrable and who have not had the intense joy of going far off the beaten path to experience what is out there. EVERY time I go, I see something I have NEVER seen before, sometimes may NEVER see again. I also see things often that I simply cannot explain. But the effort to explain them must be done by procedure and process. Speculation and imagination are not to be discarded but they are not avenues to answers, they are the starting place.

I will state again: I place great value on the legend. Especially now that I know the legend may play a small part toward keeping some (perhaps more timid/less critical than myself) out of the deep wild.

Last Edited:
I was thinking. I'm guessing that mr. Bigfoot would be mostly the same makeup as a regular human. With that said, even with his loose hair he couldn't make it through Shoer cold winters without structures or fire. Even us humans with awesome down coats at some point get cold outside.
Maybe that's why Bigfoot hasn't been seen in Alaska? Or Montana?

I agree, I think sasquatch is a very close relative to us. I also think they're intelligent enough to seek out shelter

Which entirely neglects those of us who would LOVE to be convinced (by methodical and objective means).

As to travel in the woods, reading this made me sad to know there are persons who are convinced our woods are impenetrable and who have not had the intense joy of going far off the beaten path to experience what is out there. EVERY time I go, I see something I have NEVER seen before, sometimes may NEVER see again. I also see things often that I simply cannot explain. But the effort to explain them must be done by procedure and process. Speculation and imagination are not to be discarded but they are not avenues to answers, they are the starting place.

I will state again: I place great value on the legend. Especially now that I know the legend may play a small part toward keeping some (perhaps more timid/less critical than myself) out of the deep wild.

After watching the missing 411, and missing 411 "the hunted" I definitely do see the woods differently. Unarmed humans are the perfect prey.

Makes me sad I have not gotten out farther myself!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top