JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Oh, I forgot, I was out there in my usual spot 2 weeks ago. Totally calm sunny day. No wind. Peaceful. Then suddenly a big bubblegum tree crashed down about 300yds away from me. I didnt go check it out, but I felt it was pretty random. Could have been pushed over. I dunno.

I did watch a video recently about giants in north america. Was interesting.
It was on the rabbit hole of youtube, but was interesting.

"Nothing in this area can do that other than humans."

Right. Nothing. Aside from any herbivore/omnivore in the world, especially when grazing and mistakenly uprooting a distasteful specimen: They spit it out immediately. The list of species I have witnessed do this hundreds...maybe thousands... of times includes Deer, Elk, Antelope, Sheep, Goats, Bears, and my horses (multiple times each and every day).

Last Edited:
"But yeah, there are hundreds of credible tracks on record, tree structures discovered all the time that these creatures create to mark territory, DNA samples, audio recordings that experts say were made by a large primate, and some pretty darn convincing home videos that were not hoaxes."

Bigfoots are so elusive that even these "DNA samples" have escaped the attention of the entire Biology and Anthropology community.:s0140:

"Credible tracks" : pronounced so, therefore certainly they must be so. But by whom?

"Tree structures discovered all the time that these creatures create" (That no one has witnessed them create: certainly an objective conclusion here).

"Videos that were not hoaxes" I can only hope the one shown here is not a representative example of that.

One phrase here is absolutely believable and probable: "audio recordings...made by a large primate". Kinda like the post you are reading right now.

Please illustrate your process resulting in a definitive conclusion toward opposable digits.
In order to perfectly uproot a weed, with an extensive root structure like that you'll need to grasp the root stem at the base of it, and pull upwards. That necessitates a pinching motion. There are no other animals I know of other then humans and primates that are capable of pinching. A bear can claw at something but the top of the weed would be messed up.

If you can think of another forest critter who has the motive, amd the means to perfectly uproot a weed and place it perfectly in my path then let me know.

In order to perfectly uproot a weed, with an extensive root structure like that you'll need to grasp the root stem at the base of it, and pull upwards. That necessitates a pinching motion. There are no other animals I know of other then humans and primates that are capable of pinching. A bear can claw at something but the top of the weed would be messed up.

If you can think of another forest critter who has the motive, amd the means to perfectly uproot a weed and place it perfectly in my path then let me know.

A short walk around my horse pasture would convince you otherwise. Also see my post above regarding any herbivore or omnivore in the woods. ALL that is required to pull a plant with entire root structure intact is soil moist and soft enough to release it. A short encounter with a mouthy horse would also convince you of quite some pinching capability.

I'm sure it was his horse that did that.
You know, after it neatly removed it intact with its' mouth and chewed it first before spitting it out. In the middle of the road, away from wherever it found the weed.
Yeah, that's the most likely scenario.

I'm sure it was his horse that did that.
You know, after it neatly removed it intact with its' mouth and chewed it first before spitting it out. In the middle of the road, away from wherever it found the weed.
Yeah, that's the most likely scenario.

I can assure you my horse (or any other horse) probably did not do that. Selective reading/extraction from my posts makes it easy to overlook my observations that referred to a host of other (wild) animals that have actually and repeatedly been seen doing that, and producing exactly that.

Also: sarcasm can be quite valuable when illustrating one's point of view; but only if delivered accurately in reference to the other point of view.

It's amazing the amount of time some invest into a subject they are not interested in..

I'll wear that shoe regarding time invested. Lack of interest does not fit, however. I am extremely interested in thought processes that allow people to be fully convinced of things like Sasquatch. My interest in definitive proof of Sasquatch is intense. I would sincerely love nothing more. But my conclusions have to be supported by methodical and objective means.

I can assure you my horse (or any other horse) probably did not do that. Selective reading/extraction from my posts makes it easy to overlook my observations that referred to a host of other (wild) animals that have actually and repeatedly been seen doing that, and producing exactly that.

Also: sarcasm can be quite valuable when illustrating one's point of view; but only if delivered accurately in reference to the other point of view.
Selective reading huh? What about this tidbit?
A short walk around my horse pasture would convince you otherwise. Also see my post above regarding any herbivore or omnivore in the woods. ALL that is required to pull a plant with entire root structure intact is soil moist and soft enough to release it. A short encounter with a mouthy horse would also convince you of quite some pinching capability.

I guess I won't be asking to borrow your horse to do the weeding at my place.

How's that for sarcasm?

To all Sasquatch fans I highly recommend Silent Invasion by Stan Gordon. Very quick and enjoyable read. The book is focused on Pennsylvania but the stories could just as well come from here.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top