Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Lets hear your opinions on BSA Red Dots

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by ThemGunsThough, Sep 20, 2011.

1. ThemGunsThough

ThemGunsThough RIP City! Well-Known Member

I got one for free and finally after a year of sitting around decided to put a battery in it. I have so many sights occupying my rifles and I figure i'd throw this one on my Smith & Wesson M&P15-22 instead of dishing out money on a vortex strikefire or aimpoint replica scope. Thoughts on the cheap BSA Red Dots? All inputs and opinions appreciated, thanks!

2. DieselScout

DieselScout S Clackamas County Well-Known Member

I've got a cheap one on my 10/22. I think it normally sells for around 50, but was on sale at Cabela's for 20 or 25. I have no complaints, it mounted up great, shoots fine and has a nice bright laser. I've only had it for a year or so, so no long term input. But for a 20 buck part I really can't complain. I've still got iron sites on it for now, so if it bubblegums the bed I don't even have to stop shooting.

3. Throckmorton

Throckmorton Florence,Ore ah gone Well-Known Member

I just mounted one that was gathering dust in a drawer,bought it used because it was a good price.nice bright laser,I like it.

4. Izzy

Izzy Oakridge Active Member

I have two of them. They work well for what I use them for, off hand shooting with .22's inside of 50 yards!

5. dmancornell

dmancornell Portland, OR New Member

Utter crap. Had one on a Neos pistol. The zero steadily drifted left until no amount of correction got them back on target. The screws were still tight.

6. OR4X4

OR4X4 Hour south of portland Member

I have a BSA with the red green and blue dot, and I haven't managed to break it yet after about a year so no complaints yet.

7. best defense

best defense Beaverton, OR Active Member

I have two of them. One works just fine. it is on a 22. I put the other one on a 12 gage shotgun. It is way off. I don't know why. When I first mounted it, it worked OK, but now it just doesn't. I don't know what is wrong with it.

8. OR4X4

OR4X4 Hour south of portland Member

12ga is probably too much recoil for the cheap internals. Happens to alot of budget scopes when put on anything much larger than .223.

9. ThemGunsThough

ThemGunsThough RIP City! Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone for your input. I have decided to keep it as a "back up" scope for my Smith & Wesson M&P15-22. I switched it out to my Barska Electro Sight M16 scope which seems to work flawlessly and is a good quality red dot for the price.