JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Lining up to take your ration of water from the government mule train....:eek:

I could go weeks with out conventional water distribution, and would not need to stand in line that's for damn sure.

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2014/08/toledo_still_without_water_sta.html

Water-shortage.jpg

If you read the PDF file, it deals directly with the type of toxins they talk about. Pretty much what it is, the blue-green algae that's blooming in the lake isn't being removed by treatment, since it's passing through what will happen is when you boil it, it destroys the cells which release the toxin. Hence making it worse. If instead you treat it with chemicals, and then filter it... There were two methods mentioned in the articles i posted...

1) Activated charcoal, floc, and potassium permanganate (an oxidizer)
2) UV treatment, the article was written primarily for water managers, and one of the things they noted is that it's effective, but is apparently impractical for it's wholesale use. This doesn't mean it's ineffective for home users.

You can test the efficacy of these methods using test strips...
http://www.abraxiskits.com/uploads/products/docfiles/39_PN520016USER.pdf

http://www.abraxiskits.com/products/algal-toxins/

We have a doctor and a nurse come down with ebola after taking all the precautions so I doubt it's going to be contained with clean water.

We have a doctor and a nurse come down with ebola after taking all the precautions so I doubt it's going to be contained with clean water.
People who worked directly with ebola patients in a third world country.

About 1000 people per year, out of 6 billion people worldwide, are infected with ebola. Most of those are in Africa.

I would say they are doing a decent job of containing it.

They won't follow proper decontamination procedure so it will spread in my opinion. I have spent a lot of time in hospitals with family as they have passed away, they can't keep them clean. If ebola goes full on there is no way the hospitals can keep up or the entire health care system. Just opinion.

Didn't like three (3) people die here of the swine flu not too long ago? What a freaking handwringing lol fest that was. The way the media handled it, everybody, little Johnny and Sue especially, was sure going to die.

Yep, swine flu or bird flu or what ever flu they want to sell you shots for. I hope ebola is all about the government wanting to sell vaccinations too.:D

Former SecDef Don Rumsfeld is a major shareholder in TamaFlu, by the way. Privatize profits, socialize losses.

You mean that drug that shows low efficacy unless given shortly after infection?

I'm all about having private industry spend it's money to develop something that we can all benefit from. The problem I have is when profit, and CYA becoming the overriding concerns. The thing that still baffles me is the ads for testosterone replacement. I'm sure there are a small minority of men who do need it, as an after treatment for cancer, or a number of other conditions. Apparently everyone forgets what happens when you take drugs that mess with your hormone system, like anabolic steroids, makes your nuts shrink, and makes you grow boobs, also increases your chances for testicular cancer, and a number of other health problems.

The thing I thought was really funny about it, was about 3 weeks after I started seeing the testosterone ads, I started seeing the "have you had a heart attack, testicular cancer or ... after taking testosterone replacement?" Pretty much all of the things that fall under the "known side-effects" of having extra testosterone in your system.

All of these things are right up there with "want to lose weight without changing your lifestyle?"

As I now begin the slide from my mid 30's into my late 30's I've noticed a drop in energy, which is why I started eating better and exercising more regularly (I already have a pretty active lifestyle, but I made time for riding the stationary bike as I don't get much aerobic activity moving around big chunks of metal). Funny thing is, I got what I was looking for... more energy, I also lost weight and I feel better, I also saved tons of money by cooking for myself and shopping at the grocery store. So by changing my lifestyle, I'm richer, thinner, and have more energy. I wonder which supplement you take to get that?

You mean that drug that shows low efficacy unless given shortly after infection?

So by changing my lifestyle, I'm richer, thinner, and have more energy. I wonder which supplement you take to get that?

Yeap, there isn't a single medicine invented by humans that defeats ANY virus once it's taken hold, Not one. None. Zip, zero, nada.

I have a couple of sisters who have lived across the Oregon border in N California for several decades. Up in the Yreka and Tulelake areas.

Both are in horrible condition, sick all the time, always going to doctors who can't figure out anything. They probably take "antibiotics" for virus-based infections all the time. Maybe crop spraying has something to do with it, I have long suspected the groundwater down there.

I cut out one single 'food': butter, back last Thanksgiving. Am now on my last belt loop and it's amazing how much difference it's made. Haven't seen a doctor since 2006. Knock on plastic.

But the role of drug companies and the "health Care" industry is a massive factor in what's happening with our fellow citizens, here and abroad, too. Their money is made in chasing symptoms, not the cause.

Regarding cancer: to heck with the "cure" I want to know the cause. Where is that effort?

Regarding cancer: to heck with the "cure" I want to know the cause. Where is that effort?

It always bothers me when you see those pink ribons. the money they get isnt going towards a cure (at least not most of it) its goint to "awarness" im sorry but if they spent as much money on finding a cure that could be distributed to women as they do to raising money to support their next fundraiser we would be way farther along.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top