JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
To me scalping is fine raise the price to whatever a person will pay. Its not ripping a person off. Selling someone something you know is broken or dangerous without informing them first is however a douche move and you can enjoy your place in hell.

day before Newtown I bought a old Olympic arms AR for 600 bucks, with the full intention of keeping it, the week after Newtown I sold it for 1350 and he drive 2.5 hours

I didn't rip him off, he wanted it. That is the beauty of the free market, and supply and demand. I say charge whatever the market will bear.

Some people just have no honor., raised by men who had no honor. Honestly you can't hold everyone to the same standard. Some just don't know any better.

Sooooooooooooooo people that sell for what the market will bear are have no honor and neither do their parents? Most salespeople are paid on Gross Margin, so the more profit they make for the company, the more money they have in their paycheck that month. When the company makes more money, it can pay its people more, expand, and spend more money into the local economy on stuff.

Just curious, how would you define honor exactly?

Some people just have no honor., raised by men who had no honor. Honestly you can't hold everyone to the same standard. Some just don't know any better.

Funny how the whole world thinks nearly the same... Was in Iraq working near one of Sadams torture chambers and asked a couple of Iraqis if Islam is the region of peace then why was Sadam so evil? They said it was because he had no father and was raised by women.

If people want to post an ad at a ridiculously high price, I have no problem with that, I'll just move on and do business with someone else. If a bunch of people do the same thing, then I simply won't buy that item. For example, I'd like to get a Kel-Tec Sub2K someday, but I have no interest in paying upwards of $600 for a $350 gun. So, until the Gen 2's come out and maybe lower the price with more on the market, I'll be patient and wait for a reasonable price. And when that happens, all the folks that 'had' to have them at $600+ will find they won't be able to recoup their original purchase price. Same for all those $700 10/22's after Sandy Hook.

Can we all at least agree that when market is being controlled by fear/panic then it is not "market value" it is just plain "dishonesty" by taking advantage of a situation or "dishonorable". Right now this so called Market is only in Oregon because residents are fearing that they will no longer be able to sell anything without a Background Check.

Try to sell your 50 dollar stripped lower for 125 anyplace else but Oregon right now!

Not saying that can't ask what they want but let's not defend there actions because of free market as it sounds like a politician trying to defend why SB941 is good for Oregon!

Can we all at least agree that when market is being controlled by fear/panic then it is not "market value" it is just plain "dishonesty" by taking advantage of a situation or "dishonorable". Right now this so called Market is only in Oregon because residents are fearing that they will no longer be able to sell anything without a Background Check.

Try to sell your 50 dollar stripped lower for 125 anyplace else but Oregon right now!

Not saying that can't ask what they want but let's not defend there actions because of free market as it sounds like a politician trying to defend why SB941 is good for Oregon!

Nope.
Sorry.
I had enough guns so I was prepared and did not have to act out of fear. As I stated earlier,if you have the things you think you need,then you are prepared.If you are duped into thinking you need something else,now that they may ban it,then you are NOT prepared and will act out of fear

Who's fault is this? YOU were the one who maid the situation that it is,not the seller.
Had YOU bought before the SHTF,then YOU would NOT have had to panic and act out of FEAR.

Again,not the seller.

Can't wait for folks to bubblegum about how the preppers have food and are selling a can of corn for $10,when they could have already had their own supply of corn too

Hmmm... free market I support, however not loving those who purposefully clear the shelves of.22 soley for the purpose of reselling at inflated prices later that day. Effectively controlling the local supply is douchbaggery not free market forces

Hmmm... free market I support, however not loving those who purposefully clear the shelves of.22 soley for the purpose of reselling at inflated prices later that day. Effectively controlling the local supply is douchbaggery not free market forces

Yes, it is completely free market. Textbook definition in fact. People that complain about unfair competition are the ones that can't hang with changes in the market. Lots of us still get enough .22 to shoot, but we've changed tactics. You need to adapt to survive!

@DeanfromOregon nailed it. What is happening is the free market - meaning it is free from government (or other authority) regulation or control. I may not like what certain people do, but I simply won't do business with them, and that's all my choice. As for 'clearing the shelves', I don't know where you're seeing that happen, but every single store, both brick and mortar and online, have had strict limits in place for at least the last 2 years. I don't doubt that some folks are working back-door deals, but I don't know that it's that prevalent, especially as .22 prices have begun to drop.

I have been able to buy .22 since Sandy Hook, on a pretty regular basis, and at just slightly elevated prices, some darn near 'normal', pre-Sandy Hook prices. I do my research, check in regularly with various retailers and, if supplies get low, stop shooting .22 for a while. If someone throws .22 up on NWFA for .15/round, I'll walk past it. Put it up at .06-.08/round and you might get my attention.

Just remember, those douchebags you lament over only profit if people buy their stuff, so really, you should aim your resentment toward the people that PAY the douchebag prices. They're really the ones that keep them in business.

I love these threads. The first thing I ask someone when this type of thing comes up is if you walk into a store and know you can purchase something for $100 and immediately walk outside the store and sell it for $200, would you walk away and let the next guy do it? Or would you buy it and make your money. Money doesn't come from trees and if your foolish enough to pay me $200 then that's your own fault. And if you can honestly say you would walk away and leave it for the next person, well your either a better man than me or a fool.

I love these threads. The first thing I ask someone when this type of thing comes up is if you walk into a store and know you can purchase something for $100 and immediately walk outside the store and sell it for $200, would you walk away and let the next guy do it? Or would you buy it and make your money. Money doesn't come from trees and if your foolish enough to pay me $200 then that's your own fault. And if you can honestly say you would walk away and leave it for the next person, well your either a better man than me or a fool.

I vote a fool. If you buy a gold at a discounted price are you a scalper for selling it at market value? If so then I am a scalper. Though I do not like the .22 grabbers. As it has been said though it is up to them. I cannot imagine anyone paying .20 a round. If you choose to YOU are the one keeping them buying it up.

Next you will be telling me that I should be selling my $100 bills for $50 and if I don't I'm part of the problem.

Never occurred to anyone that those paying $150 for $100 bills where the problem.

Next you will be telling me that I should be selling my $100 bills for $50 and if I don't I'm part of the problem.

Never occurred to anyone that those paying $150 for $100 bills where the problem.

I will offer ANYONE 50 for their 100s. Anytime I am open for business. Have some "honor" people and do the right thing. Sell em to me.

Dislike!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top