JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My list of scalping members including BORDER LINE SCALPERS got long during the panic.

It Will surely get longer as the DEAD LINE on the UBC law nears. In fact I already started seeing a few.

These are fairly new
Members to the site. Since the Newhouse school shooting I all have learned and have gotten your ducks in order.

Please join me in boycotting the one's that SCALP!!!!

It's up to the individual buying the item, to value it at what they feel is a fair price. After the Stockton shooting about 20 or so years ago, the price of anything semi- auto went through the roof. I had a table at a gun show in Reedsport, a guy walked in there and offered $1000 a piece for as many mini 14s as he could get, at the time full retail was under $400 for them, I had a table full of Aks a Daewoo slider and several others, I sold every one before I left that show, I had paid $239 for the AKs 2 weeks before, and I accepted $1000 a piece for them, did I scalp somebody with them? They made an offer, I accepted that offer. I didn't force those rifles on anyone! Supply and demand. If someone wants an AR with no paperwork, they had better jump on it now. They might pay a little more than retail, but that's their choice. No one is forcing anyone to buy anything, it's all free choice. No offence intended, but anyone that gets "scalped" dose so by choice.

It's always interesting the number of people trying to sell their house for what they paid for it sixty years ago, not what it's currently worth. That number is zero.

I have gone over this countless times on here, so I will hold my tongue for the most part. I will say it is always the BUYER who sets the price. There is no sale that happens otherwise. I can ask $10 or $10,000 but without a buyer the price is meaningless. I entire idea of a "scalper" is ludicrous. 80-90% of those called scalpers never sell a thing. If you ask more than it's worth 98% of the time no one will buy it. If they do its on the buyer, not the seller.

I'll also say I don't feel a bit sorry for the panic buyers who spend too much.

I don't buy or sell during a panic. I am an opportunity buyer. When .22LR was .02/rd I bought 50k rounds for really not much of an investment. Everyone else had the same opportunity. For the last few years AR15 stuff has been dirt cheap. I have stocked up on a lifetime supply of parts. If you feel forced to spend too much you have no one to blame but yourself

I'll also say I don't feel a bit sorry for the panic buyers who spend too much.

I don't buy or sell during a panic. I am an opportunity buyer. When .22LR was .02/rd I bought 50k rounds for really not much of an investment. Everyone else had the same opportunity. For the last few years AR15 stuff has been dirt cheap. I have stocked up on a lifetime supply of parts. If you feel forced to spend too much you have no one to blame but yourself

Agreed, I sold a few guns I knew I did not care much for in the last few weeks. Knowing this bill would likely pass. I charged what I thought was fair...maybe a little under priced with the amount of responses on some. If people want to overpay they deserve it. There is access to so many sites that lay out average pricing on every gun you could want. So if you as a buyer ignore that then that is on you.

Either way I got what I was after. Also I stock up on .22lr to be sure I do not pay panic prices. I sold a gun last weekend and the nice man offered me about 2k 22lr as partial trade at a fair price. I did not really need more but at a fair price it never hurts to add some CCI to the pile!

I may sell a few Marlin 22's and others I have accumulated in the past few years that no longer blow my skirt up. Kind of narrow the scope. Planned on thinning them out anyway so why wait for the hassle of paying extra fees that will do you or I not a bit of good.
Certainly don't intend to scalp anyone (whatever that magic $$ number may be in someone's mind)

Good day Gents..... we will survive!..............Just wont be as much fun!!

I'm waiting for the day when what I paid for something has any relationship at all to what it's worth. Maybe I can finally stop driving the '73 AMC Gremlin I bought new, LOL.

I have gone over this countless times on here, so I will hold my tongue for the most part. I will say it is always the BUYER who sets the price. There is no sale that happens otherwise. I can ask $10 or $10,000 but without a buyer the price is meaningless. I entire idea of a "scalper" is ludicrous. 80-90% of those called scalpers never sell a thing. If you ask more than it's worth 98% of the time no one will buy it. If they do its on the buyer, not the seller.
Like you I have gone over this many times
Who was the one who didn't buy the gun/ammo before SHTF (whatever the event of the month)?
Who is it that was duped into thinking,even though they lived without one before,that they needed that gun/ammo right this very second?

Scalping is selling water for $10 gallon after a natural disaster. Or selling OSB for $50-100 a sheet after a huricane.
Asking a price for something you should have already had or shouldn't "need" is not scalping:s0013::s0054:

Scalper is the name people give to opportunists when they want something but refuse to pay/cannot afford.
Back during the panic, I paid 50% more for a baseline LR308 than it's MSRP. You couldn't find one at the time. Had the ban gone into effect, it would have been a deal. As such, I enjoy it and exercise it regularly.
Think of all those people who bought their houses at the peak in 2004 and found themselves deep underwater in 2010. I picked up one of those in 2010, now it's worth double what I paid. I guess I'm bottom sucking scalper too....

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top