JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I had to laugh a LOT when I read this. What a great idea. For anyone who lives where these scum like to steal packages this is great. If they have cats, dogs, babies in diapers? Even better. Make up some REALLY great packages for these morons to "steal".

Tempting. I need somebody to take the dog poo from the backyard. Make a CO2 charge to fling it once box is opened...

Yeah, well, it all sounds like fun and games, until the authorities blame you for putting these poor thieves in a position to throw your garbage out on the street when they open the package. (make sure nothing in the garbage has you name on it). And the others get the authorities after you for covering them with your dogs feces.

Yeah, I'm a killjoy. :(

Yeah, well, it all sounds like fun and games, until the authorities blame you for putting these poor thieves in a position to throw your garbage out on the street when they open the package. (make sure nothing in the garbage has you name on it). And the others get the authorities after you for covering them with your dogs feces.

We don't have the problem here but, if I did this I would take the label off the box and make up a fake one for just this reason. If I was to do it I would print out a label that had the address of some liberal politician on it. Since the porch thief scum are not stopping to read them before they run off. So let them toss the trash in the street. When they come to clean it up the only address will be the politician who supports this scum. :s0140:

Tempting. I need somebody to take the dog poo from the backyard. Make a CO2 charge to fling it once box is opened...

Ha, my mischievous little brain is thinkin here, I have Two Neufy's and a Golden Retriever, each poops twice a day or more, so, I could supply a pretty large quantity of unused poop for use in 'Package Security" to any one who wanted ( free of charge) and you could then build enough Anti Theft devises you might need! :s0140:

I had a broken but fixable washing machine I put out by the street one summer with a sign on it stating it was free.
Two weeks later it was still there.
About ready to haul it away, just for grins I put a 25 dollar price tag on it and it was gone the next day!

As an aside, I have a real problem, with both the media and law enforcement calling them porch pirates. Couple hundred years ago it might have produced trepidation among many, but today, modern pirate movies with Errol Flynn and the like rather glorifying them, it seems to be marginalizing and glamorizing those living without honor, integrity or decency.
I have no use for a thief! Porch or otherwise. I wish they would pick a nickname more appropriate for the dirty deeds they are doing, they have no problem coming up with nasty names for conservatives and God fearing folk.

I had a broken but fixable washing machine I put out by the street one summer with a sign on it stating it was free.
Two weeks later it was still there.
About ready to haul it away, just for grins I put a 25 dollar price tag on it and it was gone the next day!

I've always wondered about that? I've got to guess that you live in a much nicer neighborhood that I do. If WE put something metal out it's gone almost before you get back in the house. Other stuff might take a day or two. But is seems anything that isn't pure garbage, someone will take for free.

I've always wondered about that? I've got to guess that you live in a much nicer neighborhood that I do. If WE put something metal out it's gone almost before you get back in the house. Other stuff might take a day or two. But is seems anything that isn't pure garbage, someone will take for free.
Same with us. I have not had to haul anything metal to the dump decades. Put it out on the street and it's gone. Any kind of appliance is easy. When a lawn mower dies I do this. Last one I was mowing front and it died. I went to store, found one on sale. Put old one on street with sign. Went to mow the back. By the time I brought the grass out from the back the old one was already gone. Love it!

When I was growing up ...We had someone come by fairly often and swipe our home delivered newspaper....
That went on for a bit till...

We scooped some of our dog's poop into a old newspaper , placed it all in a bag and left it out to be taken....
After that "hot off the press" edition was taken...we never had a problem again....:D

With all that said...
If one does something similar to a porch package pirate , in this day and age , it may also be best to be prepared for some sort of revenge , from the offending party....
Andy

For some reason this reminded me of the apocryphal story of firewood vendors who had a problem with repeated thefts of the inventory.
-SO-They drilled a hole in a log, filled it with a waterproof container of black powder, and set it out on top of the pile.
Obviously, this is illegal, but it sure does conjure up visions of getting what they asked for.

For some reason this reminded me of the apocryphal story of firewood vendors who had a problem with repeated thefts of the inventory.
-SO-They drilled a hole in a log, filled it with a waterproof container of black powder, and set it out on top of the pile.
Obviously, this is illegal, but it sure does conjure up visions of getting what they asked for.
Yikes...! :eek:
But speaking of black powder...If I may be forgiven for a thread drift , but a funny story....

There I was...At a large rendezvous...lots of folks were there having a great time...
One group of folks carried one far into the wee hours ...very loudly with a large campfire....

After many requests to tone it down by the Dog Soldiers and just as many refusals....
I had an idea...

I went to a vendor that I knew and asked for a case that the cans of black powder come in...
These cases , this one by GOEX says in large letters GOEX BLACK POWDER ....
They are also about 2 1/2 feet long...so they are kinda big....

I goes up to the rowdy group and asks them to quiet down...
And was to told to EFF Off , Shut the EFF Up and such...
So that is when I tossed the GOEX black powder case in their fire.....:eek:

Some of them folks got religion fast...as I heard lots of mentioning of Jesus Christ and Holy Sh*t....
The group also as whole did a darn good Jesse Owens impression....:D
I didn't have the heart to tell 'em it was an empty case....

It was pretty quiet the rest of the early morning....
Andy

Im not certain how that would even work to charge the crime victim for the thiefs littering crime. The thief would have to admit to his crime to press charges for your dog feces prank but as far as I know dog feces is otherwise harmless just gross.

Im not certain how that would even work to charge the crime victim for the thiefs littering crime. The thief would have to admit to his crime to press charges for your dog feces prank but as far as I know dog feces is otherwise harmless just gross.

All I know is it seems like the good guy gets screwed much of the time. Or is it dirt bags get away with too much? I consider myself a good guy. Therefore I'm just not going to take any chances! BUT, if you can get pics of any fun pranks you get on these dirt bags, please share. :D

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top