JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Shocking Just Shocking a liberal calling for gun control. We really need that laugh button soon mods.

When they do it for you they will do it to you. Keep voting them in they are not the problem.

I keep trying but my votes do not matter.

This was my problem in my last state of residence. I wasn't represented by anyone. From the local government on up. I sure was taxed heavily though, to support someone elses agenda.

This simply can't be let to pass if proposed at the state level in OR. I will join OFF payday. Who else is fighting this garbage in the PNW ?

<broken link removed>

"January 13, 2013, 11:32 am

SALEM, Ore. (AP) - The legislative tie that fostered a relatively collegial and bipartisan spirit in Salem for the past two years is coming to an end.

Democrats will retake firm control of Oregon's state government on Monday.

In the state House, an even split between Republicans and Democrats forced the parties to resolve every issue with a bipartisan agreement. Controversial legislation had no chance of passing, and many bills died in the chaos.

The 77th Legislature will convene for the first time with a more liberal House and a more conservative Senate."

My memory might be a bit faulty and I am at work so I can't research too much. However -

Didn't the Chief of Police in Beaverton, supported by the Mayor, say that law or not, their officers would put those who open carry "on the ground"
I also remember an letter of legal opinion was given to them and they still stood by their statements.

To an officer, getting a 911 call is disturbing the peace.

I would not be shocked by any politician, who would attempt to disarm the citizenry and turn them into subjects.

From a few years ago:
http://www.northwestfirearms.com/le...beaverton-gas-station-cornell-158th-26-a.html

I saw this on the news this morning. Apparently he joined bloombergs gun grabbing group ? ( mayors against illegal guns )

Sigh.....

I don't understand wtf is wrong with these people.

Adams had joined the city to that group. And say what you will about him - at least he knew what laws he could legally pass. He passed the maximum he could (the "gun free zones for convicted gun felons" and other "not quite gun control" laws.) But at least he wasn't clueless enough to try to do this. Jeez, Hales... And to think, Hales was the "not as liberal" choice - at least Smith was as pro-gun as a Democratic Representative from Portland gets...

I saw on the news Lars Larson basically schooling him on the laws.
First the Mayor said that if they are not used for hunting then they don't belong in the hands of citizens.... Larson pointed out that they are used for hunting. The Mayor basically said he is not a hunter and don't know the particluers. Then said that he thought that everyone that has a gun needed a permit to own one.
This guy dose not even know the laws of the city and he things he can comment on policy and laws.... *face palm*

Nope...He doesn't. KATU reporter called him out on the air tonight, after he made false claims in his press conference from this morning. So even the media is putting out some truth in this case. The thing I don't get is that he said that he everything he has heard says people agree with him. I guess he is really selective about who he talks to.

ABC on the other hand reported that 80% of Americans want tougher gun laws. Now that is B.S.

Nope...He doesn't. KATU reporter called him out on the air tonight, after he made false claims in his press conference from this morning. So even the media is putting out some truth in this case. The thing I don't get is that he said that he everything he has heard says people agree with him. I guess he is really selective about who he talks to.

ABC on the other hand reported that 80% of Americans want tougher gun laws. Now that is B.S.

I need to watch katu tonight.

When I was at the gym today I saw the same on CNN. Americans want more gun control !

Is 38% the new majority in this country ?

http://www.gallup.com/poll/159824/a...oogle&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=syndication

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

It's the only channel I get with my rabbit ears! They usually really seem Anti 2A, but the little brunet with the big nose made it a point to say that he was using false facts.

Diane Sawyer is a lost cause. And who knows where ABC came up with 80%.

Every poll I have seen is 80-90% opposed to any further gun control...It's pretty amazing.

You know, even last week at school, the hyper libs were listening to me with open ears, and agreeing that tighter restrictions wont do any good. One guy is from Wales, UK. He said that people with guns scares him, I told him I had had a gun with me every day, and asked if that made him nervous or scared, he chuckled and said "no"...He feels, since I was military I have adequate training. Most important though, most of these people don't want the guns to go away.

Where are they getting the 80% number again?

I saw on the news Lars Larson basically schooling him on the laws.
First the Mayor said that if they are not used for hunting then they don't belong in the hands of citizens.... Larson pointed out that they are used for hunting. The Mayor basically said he is not a hunter and don't know the particluers. Then said that he thought that everyone that has a gun needed a permit to own one.
This guy dose not even know the laws of the city and he things he can comment on policy and laws.... *face palm*

Its bad enough these guys are oblivious to the framers intent, know absolutely nothing about the second, have no clue the supreme court has ruled this is a individual right AND confirmed it has nothing to do with hunting.

He doesn't even know about the guns themselves, yet he is going try and further regulate them.

Its really amazing when you think about it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I keep trying but my votes do not matter.

Bottom line is we (Oregon) have to do more than vote. Or we'll end up like California.

Attend every Town Hall and political event in your area.

Facebook-friend all the Oregon senators and representatives. When they post something gun-related, politely and gently affirm the importance of rights. No debate, just say something hard to refute. Eg, "We can do better than this. Let's find harmony, without sacrificing our rights to self-defense." or something similar. That way, your comment is not flooded with negative responses.

Note most Democrat politicians are facebook friends with each other. Friend one and you can comment on the posts of many. PM me for some to start with.

Realize people remember you (and your argument) by the feelings you inspire in them. If you make them feel stupid or belittled, they'll associate those feelings with guns. So don't be the angry guy spewing statistics or correcting them on terms. People make decisions based on their feelings, not logic.

Finally, we really hafta get more organized as a group. Locally Portland has hosted Wyden's Town Hall, Burdick's "How to be an effective citizen lobbyist" workshop, and Hales's press conference, but no "alternative voices" really attended. Gotta fix that.

Bottom line is we (Oregon) have to do more than vote. Or we'll end up like California.

Attend every Town Hall and political event in your area.

Facebook-friend all the Oregon senators and representatives. When they post something gun-related, politely and gently affirm the importance of rights. No debate, just say something hard to refute. Eg, "We can do better than this. Let's find harmony, without sacrificing our rights to self-defense." or something similar. That way, your comment is not flooded with negative responses.

Note most Democrat politicians are facebook friends with each other. Friend one and you can comment on the posts of many. PM me for some to start with.

Realize people remember you (and your argument) by the feelings you inspire in them. If you make them feel stupid or belittled, they'll associate those feelings with guns. So don't be the angry guy spewing statistics or correcting them on terms. People make decisions based on their feelings, not logic.

Finally, we really hafta get more organized as a group. Locally Portland has hosted Wyden's Town Hall, Burdick's "How to be an effective citizen lobbyist" workshop, and Hales's press conference, but no "alternative voices" really attended. Gotta fix that.

In all seriousness. I'll pass on that idea. As I have been reminded more then once, I am a bit harsh at times. It would be very hard to not start a debate and tell them exactly how I feel.

Harmony? Don't think I have ever used that word except for describing singing.

Out with one horrible Mayor, in with a new one. Any Mayor that would go into a press conference so unprepared for a little Q and A with Lars Larson should just quit now. How can anyone be so inept about guns, and gun laws? Then get in front of the press and make a complete fool out of one's self, and in good conscience believe that they can run the city of Portland?

Out with one horrible Mayor, in with a new one. Any Mayor that would go into a press conference so unprepared for a little Q and A with Lars Larson should just quit now. How can anyone be so inept about guns, and gun laws? Then get in front of the press and make a complete fool out of one's self, and in good conscience believe that they can run the city of Portland?

Maybe he was the lessor of two evils?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top