Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Lessons learned and help needed ar build

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by samuelm16, Mar 23, 2013.

1. samuelm16

samuelm16 se pdx Well-Known Member

I need some help torquing a barrel into an upper anybody in se pdx willing to help me out ? I will pay in your choice of gourmet beer sucks when you get every last part you think you need and it all falls apart, i never knew barrels were milled to the front sight gas block so i think my best bet is a pri clamp on rail height gas block anybody have experience with them?

2. crankshaft

crankshaft oregoncity New Member

go see the guys at Curts shooter supply they build ARs they are close to Roakes on HY 99

3. samuelm16

Yeah i bought pretty much all my parts except the barrel and bcg from him just didnt really have gunsmith money in this build i thought i was finally gonna be able to wrench together today

4. OEDub

OEDub SW OR Coast Active Member

If the only thing you need is a torque wrench and you don't want to spend the mony to use it once, I'd recommend just renting one. Most auto-supply stores (O'Reilly's, Napa, AutoZone...) have loaner tools that you can use for the day (you just need to put your CC on file).

5. samuelm16

Ive got a torque wrench and a multi tool just need to buy or borrow some vice blocks

6. mattdomes

mattdomes Newberg Active Member

7. DukkButt

DukkButt St. Maries, Idaho Active Member

Updated URL: https://geissele.com/reaction-rod.html

Brownell's is cheaper but they are both too expensive, even though they work really great. I have access to a cnc milling machine so I am going to make my own.