JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
It's all over the news and Drudge. It was a sudden and unexpected storm, but it shows how many are completely unprepared for a disaster. This includes my brother-in-law and his family in Arlington, VA who have been without power for 48+ hours, have gone to the library for cool air and power, will need to toss the entire contents of their fridge and freezer, and essentially have no plan.

Please, have a plan. Be able to fend for yourself for at least four weeks if you live in the Northwest. You may be on your own for that long after a major earthquake.

Peter

Last Edited:
While I do not live on the east coast I do live east of the Mississippi, it did a good deal of damage here friday and was a nice cool down from 100 to 67 degrees in a 1/2 hour. I di dn ot get the brunt of it either, I purposely ignored calls from I know who were laughing about my prepping behind my back, I did not do it to be mean, I did to let them fend for themselves for a few days so they could what I was talking about. i did read the emails and listen to the phone message to make sure no one was desperate, they were just majorly inconvenienced for a day or two.

I have been trying to these people to get a generator, store extra fuel, candles, a compact cook stove, lantern and etc and etc for a few years, hopefully they will see the error of their ways and wake up, but as Burt said 98 % will it and not do anything. I believe it will take another 2003 event that cause 3 time more damage than reported and some were without power for 1 to 2 weeks that caused some to wake up, but even they have gone back to sleep.

I hope people on here are paying attention, there are several shows you need to watch that come on cable from time that I highly recomment everyone watch , they are crumbling or americe (infrastructure hemoraging, day after disaster, raging planet, worst case scenario, and then go back and research the weimare republic and the great depression,

Sad thing is that even if these people "survive" this event (and by survival, I mean they have to drink warm beer and soda for a few days, no cable, etc.) most probably won't make any fundamental changes. Saw the same thing here after the 2001 earthquake - people were stuck at work, bad shoes for walking home, no cash to buy gas (CC didn't work), etc. Now, ten+ years later, it's like it never happened.

Sad thing is that even if these people "survive" this event (and by survival, I mean they have to drink warm beer and soda for a few days, no cable, etc.) .

:s0112::s0114::s0112::s0114::s0112::s0114: my arse off, so, so true

Went to work today and few people mentioned how they were without power and could get a hold of anyone to help and needed some with a truck to haul off limbs, I pretended like I did not hear them/

when someone asked me if I had power I said yep never went off, but it would have matter if it did, I can get by without the idiot box to watch.

when asked about my trees I said no problems just afew limbs, they asked how my truck was doing I said good, thinking about trading or selling it and getting it all cleaned, so it will be nice prettie!!! :) just in case I do, I said why are you wanting to buy it??? :) :)

Nothing else was said

It's difficult to convince people how practical and reasonable prepping is, for all the things that can and do happen. When they hop onto a forum like this one and half the topics have turned into the illuminate, chemtrails, Jewish bankers, fluoride etc..... The whole prepping community has a much higher portion of people who follow these.. Err... Topics. It tends to turn the main stream off.

<broken link removed>

Best quote from the article:
"This has happened time after time and year after year, and it seems as if they're always unprepared," said John Murphy, a professional chauffeur from Burtonsville, Md.

I'm thinking this guy should be more prepared and self-sufficient...

Peter

Although I prep more for the inevitable economic and dollar collapse/hyper-inflationary scenario, being prepared on some level for a natural disaster is just a bonus. I was a Geology major and my professors all agreed that the Portland area would have a massive event in their lifetimes.

Downtown Portland is essentially one huge mudslide on a lower fault. Burnside street was originally "Burns-Slide" where timber was slid all the way down to the Willamette in the mud.

Although places like San Francisco and further south are in more jeopardy, we are in no means safe. Plus, there are technologies available to trigger earthquakes and other events if it serves those who would benefit from such a calamity.

Earthquakes, hurricanes, and Tsunamis are great devices for profit and social control when the timing and severity can be controlled. Of course the sheeple, in unison, would say 'absurd.'

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top