JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Here is a Ruger site link showing a Ruger AR-556 free float model 8529 with a suggested retail of 819.99.
Ruger® AR-556® Free-Float Handguard Autoloading Rifle Models

Here is Palmetto's daily special for the same item showing a list price of 1,199.00 and a for sale price of 999.99.
Ruger AR-556 5.56 NATO M-LOK Free-Float Handguard Rifle, Black - 8529 | Palmetto State Armory psa.jpg

Last Edited:
So? I'm not seeing why this is a big deal. I bet your LGS will be asking around $1k for that to if they had one.
They don't have big enough wabos to state the correct suggested list price of 819.00. I really don't care what about the price they are asking, but lying about suggested list?????.

They don't have big enough wabos to state the correct suggested list price of 819.00. I really don't care what about the price they are asking, but lying about suggested list?????.
I'm willing to bet that Ruger's MSRP has gone up, but the site hasn't been updated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cdnn had vskas at 8 and change for the month of January (approximately).

Now 999.99 , listed as ad price for the last couple weeks.
Cdnn has always had median prices in my experience. Scawwy rifles are up in price, and no telling what the retail ceiling is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is a retailer somehow required to sell at or list the MSRP?

I fail to see anywhere in your photo any reference to a MSRP. I just see that they claim to have listed it for one price and no relisted for a few bucks less.

You you grouse about at your LGS when they don't list the MSRP for every item they sell?

Is a retailer somehow required to sell at or list the MSRP?

I fail to see anywhere in your photo any reference to a MSRP. I just see that they claim to have listed it for one price and no relisted for a few bucks less.

You you grouse about at your LGS when they don't list the MSRP for every item they sell?

The Ruger listed msrp is 819.
PSA is stating they usually sell at 1199 - but today's special is 999. (Still above msrp.)

My Ruger PC Charger has an MSRP of $799.
Got mine for $650 offa Gunbroker... two weeks ago.
Pay what you dare.
Set limits, stick to them.
MSRP means nothing. Retailers charge what they can or what they need to, depending on the current situation.
The current situation says that they can be deceptive and unfair... so they are.
Remember that crap in the future when things get back to normal.

How is it being deceptive? They pay a certain price from their wholesale distributor, then add in their mark-up for cost of doing business + small margin for profit.

Every firearm related part of this has gone up in price. Everything.

Complaining about a certain company that is providing a service doesn't do any good at all.

How about let's all point out companies that are charging more now than before! - Nope... That's just depressing.

Here's something to make you go hmm.

February 2018 prices per box of ammo at bimart.

Ammunition
40 SW $13.47
357/38 special $17.44
45 acp $14.97
300 blackout $15.56
7.62x54R $11.97
308 $15.97

You'll notice bud's gun shop can't keep anything in .223 "on the shelf" for more than a day or so. I like to see the daily listings around lunchtime and once in a while something fancy shows up at $2k+ and it's gone by dinner. They were hanging around a little longer until China Joe let the cat out of the bag that freedoms are about to be infringed. Above MSRP is laughable but frankly, if I needed an AR that badly an extra $200 is pocketchange when you're already spending a solid week's pay.

Note: as of 1:41 AM, they have a Barrett REC7 for just under $2k but you gotta be team bud's to buy at all. Let's see if it's still there by breakfast

It's called a price impression, "you could pay as much as this somewhere else but our discounted price is this" l bet it was a lot more successful tactic before the internet, websites and smartphones

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top