JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I wonder how many can post in this one.

Anyone here get a pistol for $100.00 or less? I just got a 1895 Nagant a few months ago for $95.00 and it has a pretty stiff trigger pull but a 4" 7 shot group at 7 yards aint too bad for the heaviest DA pull you ever did feel! The SA is a little better and I want to shoot some small game this fall with it.

This cheap little gun just happens to be my favorite trail gun also. Always on my hip when I hit the trails.

Here is a pic with 32 H&R ammo that it shoots to the same POI as the 7.62x38mm made for it.....

<broken link removed>

I grabbed 3 of the 52's when they were cheap and i goot my first 82 for 100 because the finish was beat up on it but a coat of duratec cured that. I'm watching the prices on them and waiting for it to drop it may well come down the mid 100 range and if it does load up.

I wonder how many can post in this one.

Anyone here get a pistol for $100.00 or less? I just got a 1895 Nagant a few months ago for $95.00 and it has a pretty stiff trigger pull but a 4" 7 shot group at 7 yards aint too bad for the heaviest DA pull you ever did feel! The SA is a little better and I want to shoot some small game this fall with it.

This cheap little gun just happens to be my favorite trail gun also. Always on my hip when I hit the trails.

Here is a pic with 32 H&R ammo that it shoots to the same POI as the 7.62x38mm made for it.....

<broken link removed>

Those are pretty sweet. I have 3 that I am threading for suppressors.
Their cylinder moves forward when the gun is cocked to seal the chamber.

Probably the only revolver that can be silenced.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvF4yurWSc0

I picked up a nice Iver Johnson nickeled top-break in 32 S&W with 2 boxes of ammo for $100 at the Monroe WAC show last spring. Mechanically like new and the finish is about 85%. Shoots great also! :s0155:

Mosin Nagant M44 and Feg PA-63. The Feg PA-63 in 9x18 is probably one of the most accurate semi autos I have ever fired. Three inch groups at 50ft. are more common than uncommon. At thirty-two feet, with very little practice, strings of three and four shots can be nicely placed in the chest cavity as fast as you can pull the trigger. A lot of people dismiss 9x18 pistol's as being hand wreckers and under powered, but if you change out the hammer strut spring, the recoil spring and the firing pin spring with a lighter hammer strut spring and a heavier recoil and firing pin springs from Wolff Springs, you get a very polite, very accurate and inexpensive semi auto pistol that is both inexpensive to purchase and to shoot. Modern hand gun ammo gives feet per second and muzzle velocity that are similar to 38SP. +P ammunition, all of that and inexpensive too. The M44 in 7.62x59 is for some just to much power to handle in the rifles original configuration. Add a rubber but pad and clean up the trigger and the weapon becomes a tack driver for target shooting or a very accurate, very inexpensive small to medium game rifle. The sad thing is that people sporterize something that doesn't need to be changed to do what they expect from it.
G.R.

I know that many have the opinion the Hi Point guns are trash (and indeed, they are not "desired" if you have the financial ability to pay $350 or more for a "decent" gun....But the Hi Point factory offers a lifetime warranty). I am very sure they have extended this to any owner (used or new gun). I have a Hi Point 9mm Carbine which I bought after reviewing reports from "Gun Tests" (which also reviewed the Hi Point pistols). They are in fact, good buys for the price, backed by what seems to be good Customer Support. I also have an Olympic 9mm upper for my AR, but accuracy and ease of use, the Hi Point is likely a very close runner and much cheaper. The reason the Hi Points are so heavy and blocky is that they are all blowback designs....Inexpensive designs, but servicible if you have no other financial means.....

Margana, I found the multiple positive reports from GunTest magazine to be a real eye opener. My personal taste in handguns lean toward concealed weapons, the lighter and thinner the better in my opinion. If I were put in a position of needing a gun and had a limited budget you can bet that a HI POINT semi-auto or carbine would be on the premises. Not only did they give positive feed back, they praised their accuracy.
G.R.

Again, "GunTests" felt the Hi Point and the Phoenix to be "best buys". I did at a recent gun show buy a used Phoenix H22 for $80. The "problem" with the H22 is that the firing pin safety (it has 2 safeties; a trigger safety on the frame, and a firing pin safety on the slide). The firing pin safety is very easily drifted to the "safe" position just by the recoil of the gun. A poor design for a self defensive pistol. The solution is to glue the firing pin safety to the firing position.

Many of the "Saturday Night Special" autos (.22 and .25) just have the trigger safety. The firing pin safety is a measure of safety should the gun be dropped with a round in the chamber (the Phoenix is a SAO with exposed hammer).

HiPoint C9
Pheonix HP22

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews