JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I used to have a Kershaw Ken Onion, but I found the blade needed sharpening frequently.

I now have 2 Kershaw "Link" knives, made in USA. The blades seem to stay sharp forever. I broke the tip off of one of them (may have been "misusing" it!) and $5 for S&H Kershaw replaced the blade for me.

I have definitely shifted away from acquiring/using higher quality, more expensive knives. Though I have no problem using a higher end knife for its intended purpose, I much prefer carrying a Leatherman multi-tool. Of course I consider them to be high-end as far as multi-tools go, despite their 420HC blades typically leaving much to be desired (they are easy to sharpen at the very least!)

I currently carry either a Leatherman Skeletool or a Free T4; both are exceptionally handy and easily replaceable if they are ever lost or damaged.
Same for me. I'm totally dependent on my skeletool. It's something if I ever lost it I would replace it immediately. I had the the one with the combo regular blade and sedated blade combo and that one is handy for cutting rope. I currently have the crm 154 version that has just a regular blade.

I have a few months on this Amazon out the front auto knife. It's been reliable but I sure would like the same size and design with really nice steel. I've been on the lookout for the same size microtech for a good used price but I'm Leary of all the counterfeit ones out there. This one is great fun though for $33. One thing I wonder about though with any out the front knife is buildup of lint and crud if u carry in ur pocket and will that affect long term reliability. Not much of any issue with this one that isn't an EDC knife but I wonder about OTF if someone were using for edc? F55F89EE-435A-43B9-A39C-D11A25D80D45.jpeg

Cold Steel Pocket Bushman. I ebayed one for $10 shipped and liked it enough I bought a backup, around $25 all in for 2. I replaced the spring in the one I carry, doesn't lock up as crazy tight but is much easier to open and close.

Kind of heavy and big but about as indestructible as you will find, good for pounding frozen stuff. Slim. Not made in communist China.

I found this Swiss army knife in an auction. It's old but solid, single blade and no other fancy crap. It has a single bevel edge that will cut clear to the bone. It disappears in the pocket and is quite versatile. I used to carry a multi tool but I'm just not much of a gadget guy these days, simplicity is best. If I am out in the woods I will carry a different club as necessary. But day to day, this more than meets my needs. If I need pliers or other neato tools, my toolbox isn't far.
About 9 bucks on ebay. As always, YMMV.

View attachment 812928
Re Swiss Army knives, FYI I saw these today and remembered this post.
They have a built in cigar cutter. Didn't know they made them. Would be kind of cool if they actually work for cigars being that many cutters are fairly big anyway and it's multipurpose. I wonder if leatherman makes a tool with built in cigar cutter? Anyway here are the pics from Amazon FYI: 7EE9BC09-BD7C-4A61-9C87-6E12F2DB83A6.jpeg 9FFF54A6-BCF5-4DC1-95A6-FB1A0B504A86.jpeg

Last Edited:
Got one of the Swiss Army knife cigar cutters from Amazon. Great tool for $30. Cuts well but not as good as a quality double gullitine. Fits in my cigar case. Hoping to fit 2cigars plus lighter plus cutter all in one case. Knife blade can be used to dig out ashes if u need to do a re-light. 3B9799CC-A53C-4246-8759-44D62C36C4A9.jpeg 2BC80743-CE97-4878-BE0A-C59DDAA56551.jpeg B9CB07BE-CE88-400D-860C-BC9AA43ED469.jpeg 2267883A-B5CF-4806-B3DF-93CA284AC17F.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top