JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Personally, I don't think the "Combo" is worth the time or money involved. If you have a .45ACP then you have what you need.:)

Mmmm, arthro punished me when shooting .45ACP at matches. Puff loads still hurt and were unreliable. So I wanted to change over. Found out it's not worth the trouble and gave my 45 to my SIL. Then bought a 9mm Glock 34 (for competition) to go with my Ruger SR9c EDC.

Been a long time since i have been on the forum but hope to be back for a while. I really like my sig 229 its in 9mm but i have the 22 kit and then a 40/357 sig conversion for it.
All work great although i shoot 40 very seldom. I really like 357 sig it snaps back at ya not up so follow up shots are more consitant to me.

Very astute observation. USPSA Open Class used a bunch of .38Super in my day for that exact reason. Rocket guns!
all the 38 supers I've been around had a sonic blast I just did not care for....although I guess the operator is in a little pocket undisturbed by the compensator flutes.

I've never developed any fondness for the plain 357 magnum either.

I'm growing to like the 10mm, although there's a guy trying to convince that "10mm MAG" is even mo'better..... he doesn't seem as infatuated by 41 mag as I am though. Don't understand his choice....difference between 'kee-RAK-dink' vs 'BOOMRUMBLESMITE'....on the steel plate rack at least....

I like the ability to shoot different calibers in the same gun if it can be done with minimal parts changing. Different caliber in the sense of .22rf or commonly available other calibers like 9mm. Not sure I see the point of a conversion for an oddball/rare/custom caliber other than maybe for entertainment. I suppose a 1911 to 8mm Nambu conversion could be the cat's meow for someone.....

9mm in a .45 1911 could be useful since 9 is relatively cheap and available. .22rf in a .45 1911 for practice or plinking is good though I'm not enamored with the current array of conversions which are more frame adapters IMO since they replace darn near the whole gun. A 9mm conversion for the .45 1911 that only changed the barrel and magazine would be desirable. I know there are some extractor/ejector type issues using the .45 slide but I don't know that they're insurmountable. I've done it with the .22 rim fire which has the added issue of being, well, rim fire among other things.

Been a long time since i have been on the forum but hope to be back for a while. I really like my sig 229 its in 9mm but i have the 22 kit and then a 40/357 sig conversion for it.
All work great although i shoot 40 very seldom. I really like 357 sig it snaps back at ya not up so follow up shots are more consitant to me.

Hah. We all thort you wuz ded.

tac

Always thought these would be kind of cool to have.
I too was very intrigued by the 1-9-fits-all Madusa style wheel guns. Maybe someday I'll get a .410 revolver (SW or IWI) and some conversions to 9mm, 357mag, 22lr, etc. Supposedly the Magnum Research BFR can handle 45 super with moon clips but it's not recommended because accuracy suffers. At least that is what the rep I talked to said.

A less common pistol round is the .338 Lapua Magnum.
It's very handy and practical for when you see an elk on E14th st. 800 yards away.
bare minimum

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top